New Defensive Cordinator

Guys, we'll worry about this when the season is over. Because who knows, maybe we'll turn it around. There are 9-10 games yet. Who knows. It's not talent, it's not scheme, it's all on this D finding the character and will to win...if they find a way not to let the performance against USC destroy a whole season (it can happen, and great job on that this week :-\)...if they can regroup as a team after Sam Keller had to save their asses time and time again. If they can, I really believe we've got the talent there to seriously compete.

If they can't, if they cave in and give up, if they let their spirit be broken, then it's going to be the ugliest season we've ever seen, and we've already seen a glimpse of it. These last two games have been 1st quarter CU 2001, over and over and over again.

By the way, one thing you consider is, a lot of the players are really close to Coz. As are the recruits. I'd hate to see us fire a halfway competent coach, sacrifice continuity, lose out on some recruits in this outstanding '08 class, only to get another halfway decent guy who may or may not pan out. At the end of the season, Coz will stay unless he turns in a bumbling failure of a year. He'll stay if he salvages and our D starts competing.

So logically speaking, I hope he stays...

Good thread here we should keep open and get ideas as long as our defense continues to play so poorly. I'll go with a longshot...Ken Norton Jr. from USC. Not a lot of coaching experience...he has been the linebackers coach at USC last few years. But, he is a former NFL all pro and 3 time Super Bowl winner...he has also had the benefit of learning under Carroll. Seems to have a great relationship with the USC players and players like to play for him. Would bring a lot of passion to the position (which I think we need badly).