What did Cally say after the game?

It's a sad to see how bad Nebraska really is this year. I am from Kansas, but have been a husker fan my whole life. I'm not embarrassed to be a Husker fan but I am embarrassed of this coaching staff. Callihan seems more worried about being on the good side of the media. He says the same crap after every game, win or lose. I know he can't go out and trash the team or his coaches, but outside of the conferences he needs to be doing something to change the direction of the program. I will continue to watch the rest of this year, but i'll be suprised to see any more wins. Both of the Kansas teams, Colorado, and the south teams are much better than us at this point. Callihan has done a great job recruiting, but recruiting isn't everything. Mack Brown = great recruiter, not so good head coach. I continue to watch and hope for some spark to get these players playing, but I feel like I am watching NFL effort in the college game. Crappy arm tackling, constant over pursuing, and out of position players on defense is getting old. These players have no emotion. I am not blaming the talent, and I hope that things get better, but at this point I am very apathetic. It'll be interesting to see if Cally tries to change things up, or be a stubborn jackass and pretend things aren't that bad, and just a few adjusments should be made and everything will be alright. Wake up everyone, we just got our asses handed to us no questions asked.

what can he possibly change? the only thing, offensively he could do is turn it over to the offensive coordinator, defensively he would have to run over Coz in the parking lot.

Does it matter? I am convinced that he can't say anything that will please the Huskerboard faithful. Short of publicly thrashing himself and his staff. If you honestly want that, it won't happen. With any coach. Ever.

You beat this drum every week and yet their are coaches who use strong words all the time. They are usually called winners also.

I thought he said this:

"I am a no talent overrated born loser who tries with all my efforts to steal money from people like Al Davis and Steve PUD all the time while ruining what they once had in place. I want to be remembered as a destroyer of all things good. I can't believe people still liked me after the Ball St. game. Hopefully they now realize I am a bad influence, fire me and pay me $10 MIL to do so....hahahahaha. I want to sit at home at collect checks and soon my dream will be reality. The jokes on the Husker Nation"

give me a f'ing break, take all of your negativity and go cheer for AZ. Hell you grew up there, played there, I assume that you graduated from UA, but you dont consider them as your team?

you have had some good comments on this board in the past but the hatred and venum that you spew has gotten to be to much.

you have been placed on my ignore list

It was meant to be a joke and I apologize if there are any sensitive people on here who take it too seriously. I was bashed for SO long about stating what direction our program was in.

Also, what does me being form AZ have to do with anything???

"yeah we gave an awesome effort, and we showed some leadership out there. sam, he had a terrefic day. i also was impressed in our young kicker Alex Henery, he plays with heart, and he helps our team play with heart. I know we lost but we are not going to change anything drastically. We are just going to keep improving on what we do."

...which is jack schitt

Does it matter? I am convinced that he can't say anything that will please the Huskerboard faithful. Short of publicly thrashing himself and his staff. If you honestly want that, it won't happen. With any coach. Ever.

You beat this drum every week and yet their are coaches who use strong words all the time. They are usually called winners also.

Oh. Yea. You're right. I am sure Pete had some harsh things to say this week after losing to Stanford.

This is one of those things that makes me believe you can't be a coach. What coach in his right mind would come out and publicly throw his staff under a bus? It does nothing but compound an issue that's already huge in the North stadium. It does everything for people on a friggin messageboard, but nothing for the problems.

Oh. Yea. You're right. I am sure Pete had some harsh things to say this week after losing to Stanford.

This is one of those things that makes me believe you can't be a coach. What coach in his right mind would come out and publicly throw his staff under a bus? It does nothing but compound an issue that's already huge in the North stadium. It does everything for people on a friggin messageboard, but nothing for the problems.

Nobody said throw them under a bus but he can use words that are more harsh and show a little emotion like he cares. If you want to say, that isn't his personality then I will show you a team that plays without emotion. AND, Carroll will say something like that if they keep getting embarrassed like we do.

It makes people realize he cares. Press conference are for fans and boosters so it will help. The players and coaches won't care what he says in the news conference. So a good coach yells at his players and staff but is nice to the media, and a bad coach is harsh in their comments to the media and nice to the players and staff? If he yells at people in the locker room they won't care what he says to the papers.

I told you so does not play well here.

We have a season to finish. Try and be on board for that unlike Husker X that wants us to lose all the rest of our games. What a bucket of $hit.

Too bad! I was told how 'stupid' I was for complaining about Cally and Co. So rather than arguing, everyone told me to wait and see and I would be wrong. That I had no idea what I was talking about and I didn't understand football. That we were getting so much better. So that is to all of those people who were SO rude to me. It has been there for a month.

I ain't lying!!

So a good coach yells at his players and staff but is nice to the media, and a bad coach is harsh in their comments to the media and nice to the players and staff? If he yells at people in the locker room they won't care what he says to the papers.

Not exactly, but something like that. There are things you say in private that you never say to the public. That is true in all aspects of life, not just sports. Welcome to life.

Chase Daniel? He's good, but not great. It's just that every team that Nebraska plays seems to have a Heismann Trophy candidate by the time they've finishes with us. That has more to do with the poverty of the Nebraska program than anything else. I've never, ever seen a defense suck so bad as the Pinkshirts.

I don't get why so many people continue to not give Daniel any credit. He's one of the top QB's in the country. If you don't see that or like that then you need to just give up on watching football. He is one of the most efficient QB's that I've seen play in quite awhile. Call him 'booger', hate 'Misery' or whatever, the guy is a stud. If you want to argue something, show the facts other than saying "Well he's just not that good". Go ahead. Pull up his numbers from the past two seasons as a starter. Then make your ridiculous comments.

Chase Daniel? He's good, but not great. It's just that every team that Nebraska plays seems to have a Heismann Trophy candidate by the time they've finishes with us. That has more to do with the poverty of the Nebraska program than anything else. I've never, ever seen a defense suck so bad as the Pinkshirts.

I don't get why so many people continue to not give Daniel any credit. He's one of the top QB's in the country. If you don't see that or like that then you need to just give up on watching football. He is one of the most efficient QB's that I've seen play in quite awhile. Call him 'booger', hate 'Misery' or whatever, the guy is a stud. If you want to argue something, show the facts other than saying "Well he's just not that good". Go ahead. Pull up his numbers from the past two seasons as a starter. Then make your ridiculous comments.

Thank you for sticking up for Chase Daniel. Chase is the real deal. I fail to see why knowledgable NU fans can not give credit where credit is due. He is a very good QB in a system that is built for him. Good lord he had 400 yards passing.

And this discussion about the fake field goal. Come on. lets go back in history and take a look at some of the scores of previous MU/NU games? You can not tell me MU ran up the score when you can look back to plenty of 40+ point victories NU has had over MU.

I am not trying to stir the pot here, but, it was one game. Why the venom?

Thank you for sticking up for Chase Daniel. Chase is the real deal. I fail to see why knowledgable NU fans can not give credit where credit is due. He is a very good QB in a system that is built for him. Good lord he had 400 yards passing.

And this discussion about the fake field goal. Come on. lets go back in history and take a look at some of the scores of previous MU/NU games? You can not tell me MU ran up the score when you can look back to plenty of 40+ point victories NU has had over MU.

I recognize talent. Chase Daniel IS a very good QB, hands down. He played in this system at Southlake-Carroll in Texas and played lights out on that offense. I knew he would do well in Mizzou's system.

I have no problem with the fake FG. It's been awhile since MU could honestly say they are head and shoulders above NU (and maybe the whole division/conference) - flex your muscle. Here's an idea for NU and the fans...if we maybe stopped them once in awhile, maybe they wouldn't have thought going for it is a good idea. But when you're getting 9 yards a play....why not. I have no problem with the way MU, the players and coaches handled the game and themselves. We deserved to be embarassed. It's been coming for the last 4 weeks.