Octo Demoted

Travis9

Some if not a lot of your mentioned players were JuCo transfers brought in by none other than Blazin Billy himself. Again, why would Solich recruit a wide receiver (Nunn)? Why didn't you include Purify? He's a senior. A lot on your list were never in contact with Solich. In fact, I'm not even sure 25% on your list had Solich baggage.

Solich did recruit Nunn, he committed, then decommitted after he was fired. Committed to Wisconsin, then decommitted from there and went back to Nebraska when Callahan was hired. It's neither here nor there, this guy is :smokin

Oh, and Bowman (you know, the one defender who has shown true leadership this year) was benched behind Grixby. Grix has been playing well, but what a slap in the face of Bowman.

I was curious why no one had brought this up yet.

Starting CBs - Murillo & Grix with Bowman second on the chart behind Grix.

:dunno He's not the same as he once was, that's for sure. Other than that, who knows.

I'd like to see Octo line up on the edge and pass rush more. Just have him do one job...kill the QB. I like Brandenburgh...he is probably our best tackler. I still want to see more out of Dillard...hopefully he gets better from the experience and can be an anchor for future years. Bowman is one of my favorite players...but I have to admit, other than the INT vs. Wake he has not shown up this year. Who knows...maybe the injury is keeping him down but he has been disappointing IMO. Hope he can get better as we need him to play like he is capable. All these guys should see playing time and I would go with the hot hand as the game progresses. I think that is why Brandenburgh is starting...he has capitalized on his opportunities when he has been in there.

Oh, and Bowman (you know, the one defender who has shown true leadership this year) was benched behind Grixby. Grix has been playing well, but what a slap in the face of Bowman.

I was curious why no one had brought this up yet.

Starting CBs - Murillo & Grix with Bowman second on the chart behind Grix.

:dunno He's not the same as he once was, that's for sure. Other than that, who knows.

Maybe the hammy is still bothering him...he definitely hasn't looked right

Bowman looked pretty bad out there vs. Missou...not that he should be benched for that, because absolutely no one else showed up either, but my friend made a comment that Bowman was playing like the Grixby that everyone had been dogging on for so long. Coverage was bad, pass interference calls, probably out of position which may or may not be his fault, nagging injury possibly. It just wasn't good.

And who is Murillo wowing? <_<

I have been saying it from the start. Coz is awful. He has a knack for taking good players and turning them into shite.

Remember, Bullocks led the nation in interceptions the year before Coz showed up and disappeared the next year.

I don't have a clue what he did to Moore and Carriker last year. Our D led the nation in sacks in `05, but Coz fixed that last year. Carriker and Moore didn't even look like the same players. Talk about a turn around (and not in a good way).

And remember how f-ing good McKeon looked two years ago? But since then he hasn't looked the same.

Why did we Husker fans have such high hopes for Suh this year? Are we all blind? Did we think we saw potential that just wasn't really there? I don't think so. I think Suh's overall performance this year is another case of a great player receiving the Coz effect.

You know about the Coz effect right? Take some great talent, don't coach them, don't teach them any technique, don't motivate them, don't prepare a scheme for them, throw them into a game totally unprepared and don't make any adjustments when their lack of preparation gets exposed, and when anyone of them shows any potential.....either totally screw them up by changing what they were doing RIGHT, or bench them if they show any emotion and desire to win.

What a great coach. :sarcasm

Ruud is the only one making plays. What you are taking is illegal im sure. Ruud has made 2 plays. 2 picks, one made because he was completely out of position and a bad throw landed in his lap. the second was a play made by Grixby that landed in his lap. He doesnt tackle anyone ever.

The best example would be the fake field goal against Mizzou. Watch ruud, he stands 3 yard deep in the end zone then decides to go hit Rucker after he crosses the goal line

The reason Ruud plays is he is technically sound in his gap responsibility. Well look what the Gap Control has got us, the bottom of the Freaking pile. We are in the last 20 teams in total Defense in D1 football.

Ill say it again NEBRASKA IS IN THE LAST 20 TEAMS IN TOTAL DEFENSE.

Yet we sit OCTO. Farley and Demarrio would not play in this system either, Coz doesnt want play makers.

someone said Octo should rush the edge attack play aggressive, REALLY, but that is not what Coz wants.

I understand having a system but at some point when your system clearly doesnt work you have 2 choices

1. Change your Damn Plan

2. Pack your belongings and Gracefully bow out

Ruud is the only one making plays. What you are taking is illegal im sure. Ruud has made 2 plays. 2 picks, one made because he was completely out of position and a bad throw landed in his lap. the second was a play made by Grixby that landed in his lap. He doesnt tackle anyone ever.

The best example would be the fake field goal against Mizzou. Watch ruud, he stands 3 yard deep in the end zone then decides to go hit Rucker after he crosses the goal line

The reason Ruud plays is he is technically sound in his gap responsibility...

My thoughts exactly on Bo's legacy......... Ruud on that fake FG made me want to puke!!! No point sitting back at the goal line, when the only thing that mattered was tackling Rucker in the field of play (but Bo's got to be aggressive to do that (rolleyes)).

Our "best defender" had exactly 0 tackles against Missouri.

Bowman played awful as well.

From listening to the ISU game, Bowman didnt play well in that game either. Even though he was against Blythe, they (radio guys) constantly pointed out his positioning, reaction, and looking lost. I have no problems with him second on the chart, just putting out some feelers incase someone knew something...

Our "best defender" had exactly 0 tackles against Missouri.

Bowman played awful as well.

From listening to the ISU game, Bowman didnt play well in that game either. Even though he was against Blythe, they (radio guys) constantly pointed out his positioning, reaction, and looking lost. I have no problems with him second on the chart, just putting out some feelers incase someone knew something...

I was watching OU play Texass last week and I watched one of their starting corners (Reggie Smith who I believe was supposed to be one of our recruits). The biggest difference I noticed about his coverage was the fact that he plays the ball. He looks back for the ball. I think he actually had a INT in the game. I've seen Bowman and the rest of the crew face guard for coverage. While I realize this is legal, it's very stupid. If I were an opposing QB, I'd simply throw the ball a little short every pass. Have my receiver come back for the ball. 1 of 2 things will happen. My receiver catches the pass for a big gain, or my receiver runs into the DB and I get an interference call. Either way, it's a huge gain for my team.

IMO, we're just a few degrees off from being good. IMO, that few degrees is coaching problems. I still believe we have the athletes to make big things happen. Something however is not working.

Octo had 0 tackles, yes but for most of the game we went 3-3-5 and when we do that Octo comes out. What that means is he hardly played in the game. Go back and look at the tape. he wasnt in the game hardly ever.

The point here is, Octo is aggressive, he attacks, something our Defense hasnt done in 4 damn years. The Scheme, the gap responsibility, doesnt work, yet we just made it worse by taking out the aggressive one and putting in another gap guy. I love the way lance plays and agree he should be on the field. HE IS JUST ON THE FIELD FOR THE WRONG PERSON.

Noone on here can tell me that our Defensive Scheme works, and noone on here can tell me that ruud is good at anything but being in the right place. Being in the right place doesnt shed tackles, doesnt hit people, doesnt stop the ball. For all of Ruuds being in the right place it has mad us the bottom of the pile in terms of team Defense.

Demarrio, Farley, the peters Wistrom Tomich polk the list goes on and on. the players we revere would be far less in our eyes had they played on this team with this Defense.

I have a good friend that played. He backed up Farley. He says and i believe that after every game farley graded out far worse than any LB that played yet they couldnt take him out because HE MADE FRICKING PLAYS. In this system he wouldnt play, can you imagine (close your eyes and think about it) Farley not being on the field due to his freelancing. Well imagine it cuz Octo is on the bench. Is octo as good as farley, no but they are of the same mold. Actually we dont know because coz wont let him play

I have been saying it from the start. Coz is awful. He has a knack for taking good players and turning them into shite.

Remember, Bullocks led the nation in interceptions the year before Coz showed up and disappeared the next year.

I don't have a clue what he did to Moore and Carriker last year. Our D led the nation in sacks in `05, but Coz fixed that last year. Carriker and Moore didn't even look like the same players. Talk about a turn around (and not in a good way).

And remember how f-ing good McKeon looked two years ago? But since then he hasn't looked the same.

Why did we Husker fans have such high hopes for Suh this year? Are we all blind? Did we think we saw potential that just wasn't really there? I don't think so. I think Suh's overall performance this year is another case of a great player receiving the Coz effect.

You know about the Coz effect right? Take some great talent, don't coach them, don't teach them any technique, don't motivate them, don't prepare a scheme for them, throw them into a game totally unprepared and don't make any adjustments when their lack of preparation gets exposed, and when anyone of them shows any potential.....either totally screw them up by changing what they were doing RIGHT, or bench them if they show any emotion and desire to win.

What a great coach. :sarcasm

Not a huge deal because both of the Bullocks were great-- but didn't the one with the INTs go to the pros and his bro was still here the following year? But, yeah, he was invisible, too.

No, actually they both played under this administration. The one went pro after his first year of playing under Coz, and he was labeled as a cancer by many on this board. The other twin played his senior year and was then called a cancer by many on this board after his senior year. How many cancers do we have anyway? Oh, they're not cancers if they weren't recruited by Solich? I just need to get the rules down better I guess.