PUD IS FIRED AND CALLY RESIGNING!!!!

If this is all more than net-rumor the Watson-deal worries me. Bo or whomever should consider current coaches but shouldn't have to take them. TO screwed Frank by pushing the coaches TO wanted. If they are that high on Watson and BC is really gone then give Watson the reigns for the rest of the year and see what the O can do.

You guys are taking things too far.....NU would "like" to keep Watson, and they are very interested in Pelini.

I am seeing you guys take this as Pelini is the coach and Watson must stay as OC. That is not what I said.

People are morphing the different scenarios being floated on the board. I have wondered myself if Watson would be the interim coach if Callahan does leave before the end of the season.

I wouldn't worry about the personal attacks. Every fifth grader with a computer can access the internet and from some of the posts that appears to be the case.

Some people aren't taking the time to read the entire thread before commenting on a particular post. That can probably be blamed on too many video games or the school systems.

Anyhow, I'd like to say thanks for the info! :thumbs

If this is all more than net-rumor the Watson-deal worries me. Bo or whomever should consider current coaches but shouldn't have to take them. TO screwed Frank by pushing the coaches TO wanted. If they are that high on Watson and BC is really gone then give Watson the reigns for the rest of the year and see what the O can do.

You guys are taking things too far.....NU would "like" to keep Watson, and they are very interested in Pelini.

I am seeing you guys take this as Pelini is the coach and Watson must stay as OC. That is not what I said.

Its ok Bleed, people are just trying to read into every little thing they can so that they can fully understand it. I would like to see Cally fired and SW take over the offence for the rest of the season but only after a new HC would be named. Nothing short of a miricle is going to keep Cally here and we all know that. But what TO and Rimmington are going todo to smooth out the process will be very interesting. Thanks again Bleed and say thanks to your business partner ;)

Its ok Bleed, people are just trying to read into every little thing they can so that they can fully understand it. I would like to see Cally fired and SW take over the offence for the rest of the season but only after a new HC would be named. Nothing short of a miricle is going to keep Cally here and we all know that. But what TO and Rimmington are going todo to smooth out the process will be very interesting. Thanks again Bleed and say thanks to your business partner ;)

What is the thing with Rimmington? I mean, has anything been confirmed with his involvment? Last I heard he was heading a charity thing for Boomer and Son.

What is the thing with Rimmington? I mean, has anything been confirmed with his involvment? Last I heard he was heading a charity thing for Boomer and Son.

There was talk that Rimmington was going to be working with TO about doing AD duties and quite possible becoming the permanent AD, I think it was mentioned that it was one of TO's stipulations of doing AD. If Im wrong, sorry, but I just remember it stated alot amongst the many threads.

There was talk that Rimmington was going to be working with TO about doing AD duties and quite possible becoming the permanent AD, I think it was mentioned that it was one of TO's stipulations of doing AD. If Im wrong, sorry, but I just remember it stated alot amongst the many threads.

Yeah..So far, the only place I've seen it mentioned is on this board..Any where else?

sources are sources and each person trusts their own sources, but what i am going to believe is what TO is saying himself about the coaching staff being here and he wont evaluate anything until the season is over.

Callahan will not resign, and i doubt that he will fire any assistants anytime soon

sources are sources and each person trusts their own sources, but what i am going to believe is what TO is saying himself about the coaching staff being here and he wont evaluate anything until the season is over.

Callahan will not resign, and i doubt that he will fire any assistants anytime soon

I think it is quite possible that Osborne is just waiting to see what takes place. Can Callahan rally them to enough wins for a bowl game etc.? With only five games left I think it is very possible that if NU loses to A&M and Texas that Cally will be fired like I Bleed Red stated. By that time even more fans will have written the season off and even if we can pull out two wins in our last three games there is a chance NU still will not get invited to a bowl game.

Either way I think Callahan is done at the end of the year and if he keeps losing I think they will just get it over with and get started on finding their new coach.

I think it is quite possible that Osborne is just waiting to see what takes place. Can Callahan rally them to enough wins for a bowl game etc.? With only five games left I think it is very possible that if NU loses to A&M and Texas that Cally will be fired like I Bleed Red stated. By that time even more fans will have written the season off and even if we can pull out two wins in our last three games there is a chance NU still will not get invited to a bowl game.

Either way I think Callahan is done at the end of the year and if he keeps losing I think they will just get it over with and get started on finding their new coach.

i agree with what you say about the next 2 games.. but COMPLETELY disagree with a 6 win nebraska team not getting a bowl invite.. fans travel to well to not get an invite.. especially a small bowl would want to jump on the huskers asap.. ie. shreveport for independence again, or tempe for the insight? that is IF we get to 6 wins.. not likely but possible

i agree with what you say about the next 2 games.. but COMPLETELY disagree with a 6 win nebraska team not getting a bowl invite.. fans travel to well to not get an invite.. especially a small bowl would want to jump on the huskers asap.. ie. shreveport for independence again, or tempe for the insight? that is IF we get to 6 wins.. not likely but possible

The team could do the honorable thing and decline any invite for a 6-win season, but that'd be like guving up your blackshirts for poor play.

The team could do the honorable thing and decline any invite for a 6-win season, but that'd be like guving up your blackshirts for poor play.

agreed about it being honorable to decline it because they dont deserve it.. at all.. but especially with the money being put out through contract buy outs, and because its nice in general for extra funds, i just dont see it happening.. i would like to because like you said, its not deserved

Well, then the captain will go down with the ship. Coz is a lost "coz". We need at minimum, a new defensive staff.

I agree. to me part of being a leader is being able to make tough decisions. being able to ignore freinds or popular opinion and being able to do what is best for the team. if he cant realize that coz is bad for the team.... then he is just as bad for the team, and needs to be replaced.