PUD IS FIRED AND CALLY RESIGNING!!!!

The team could do the honorable thing and decline any invite for a 6-win season, but that'd be like guving up your blackshirts for poor play.

How is that honorable?

Reminds me when waterhead Keith Olberman suggested the honorable thing was for Nebraska to forfeit their bowl victory over Michigan because on the last play there were too many men on the field.

here are my thoughts, call me crazy if you want to

after listening to TO's press confrence and listening to him on the Jim Rome show, reading everything reported in the papers,

"I am not going to seriously evaluate anything until after the season"

Callahan is not going anywhere this season.

"There is not a quick fix, fans need to be patient"

Callahan might be back next season.

"Its not about wins and losses"

if NU gets blown out in any of the remaining games, i think Callahan and Co is gone. if NU scores alot of points but still losses and Callahan doesnt make changes on the Defensive staff, i think he is gone. If NU plays inspired, competitive football for the rest of the season, reguardless of the W/L and Callahan, makes some changes to the staff at the end of the year, I think that he returns

here are my thoughts, call me crazy if you want to

after listening to TO's press confrence and listening to him on the Jim Rome show, reading everything reported in the papers,

"I am not going to seriously evaluate anything until after the season"

Callahan is not going anywhere this season.

"There is not a quick fix, fans need to be patient"

Callahan might be back next season.

"Its not about wins and losses"

if NU gets blown out in any of the remaining games, i think Callahan and Co is gone. if NU scores alot of points but still losses and Callahan doesnt make changes on the Defensive staff, i think he is gone. If NU plays inspired, competitive football for the rest of the season, reguardless of the W/L and Callahan, makes some changes to the staff at the end of the year, I think that he returns

I agree to a point of what you are saying. It's kind of tough to imagine Dr. Tom firing a coach, because he is very compassionate & understanding. But he will do what he thinks is best and I think he will go in a different direction when the season is over, make a change for what's best for the program. I just dont see Cally budging any on his pride and ego. And that's what it will take to even be considered to come back. It's his guys, his plays, his players, his shots, his everything or nothing.

I am passing this on only for information. I am not saying it is fact, but the source has provided me with spot on information in the past. I very seldom do this, so read and wonder.

I just received an email that somewhat confirms I bleed Red's comments.

Callahan, Cosgrove, Elmassian and Wagner were all asked to resign over the weekend and again yesterday. They all flatley refused and are working on sweetening their deals to resign. The universtiy is working on a plan where they could resign and still get their money.

Interim plan is to have Shawn Watson as OC, Bill Bush as DC and none other than Charlie Mcbride as Interim Head Coach. A few other of the old crew would come onboard in the interim.

Remaining assistants, Gilmore, Rudlolph, Wyatt and Watson and Bush would have opportunities for retention under a new coach.

One of the primary jobs would to identify which recruits would be retained, and if defections, there would be time to replace them, to salvage the 2007 class.

Osborne has supposedly agreed to this and could happen as soon as after the game Saturday.

Bo Belini has been in contact with Osborne and is VERY interested. He would want to bring back Marvin Sanders as a candidate for DC.

The sources to this have been proven correct over the last few days, so I guess I am buying into it.

There are numerous lawyers working on this, some things may happen and some may not. Just information I got from what has always been a reliable source.

I am passing this on only for information. I am not saying it is fact, but the source has provided me with spot on information in the past. I very seldom do this, so read and wonder.

I just received an email that somewhat confirms I bleed Red's comments.

Callahan, Cosgrove, Elmassian and Wagner were all asked to resign over the weekend and again yesterday. They all flatley refused and are working on sweetening their deals to resign. The universtiy is working on a plan where they could resign and still get their money.

Interim plan is to have Shawn Watson as OC, Bill Bush as DC and none other than Charlie Mcbride as Interim Head Coach. A few other of the old crew would come onboard in the interim.

Remaining assistants, Gilmore, Rudlolph, Wyatt and Watson and Bush would have opportunities for retention under a new coach.

One of the primary jobs would to identify which recruits would be retained, and if defections, there would be time to replace them, to salvage the 2007 class.

Osborne has supposedly agreed to this and could happen as soon as after the game Saturday.

Bo Belini has been in contact with Osborne and is VERY interested. He would want to bring back Marvin Sanders as a candidate for DC.

The sources to this have been proven correct over the last few days, so I guess I am buying into it.

There are numerous lawyers working on this, some things may happen and some may not. Just information I got from what has always been a reliable source.

Thanks skersfan... appreciate it.

Cook and Buffet said point blank money stops if changes aren't made.

Buffet is quoted on 1620 yesterday as saying the idea that he would all of a sudden give money to is "Silly".

Also changes were made and Cook pulled all his money.... so that says how true that story is.

When Coach Solich was fired I had very very inside information. But that person has left the program. I speak with a few of the larger boosters. This comes from one in Texas and South Dakota.

But I am led to belive that there is more to it than what is being told. There is some sort of skeleton in the Pederson closet that is going to come out and they want to be as far from it as possible. I am not being told what that is. And there are several large boosters that have threatened to pull their regular donations if this change was not made.

There is more to this than we are being led to believe I think.

sources are sources and each person trusts their own sources, but what i am going to believe is what TO is saying himself about the coaching staff being here and he wont evaluate anything until the season is over.

Callahan will not resign, and i doubt that he will fire any assistants anytime soon

I think it is quite possible that Osborne is just waiting to see what takes place. Can Callahan rally them to enough wins for a bowl game etc.? With only five games left I think it is very possible that if NU loses to A&M and Texas that Cally will be fired like I Bleed Red stated. By that time even more fans will have written the season off and even if we can pull out two wins in our last three games there is a chance NU still will not get invited to a bowl game.

Either way I think Callahan is done at the end of the year and if he keeps losing I think they will just get it over with and get started on finding their new coach.

i agree with what you say about the next 2 games.. but COMPLETELY disagree with a 6 win nebraska team not getting a bowl invite.. fans travel to well to not get an invite.. especially a small bowl would want to jump on the huskers asap.. ie. shreveport for independence again, or tempe for the insight? that is IF we get to 6 wins.. not likely but possible

True, but after the departure from Memorial Stadium at halftime last week, without a sharp improvement some may be concerned about fans traveling for a 6 win team with all that has taken place this season.

When Coach Solich was fired I had very very inside information. But that person has left the program. I speak with a few of the larger boosters. This comes from one in Texas and South Dakota.

But I am led to belive that there is more to it than what is being told. There is some sort of skeleton in the Pederson closet that is going to come out and they want to be as far from it as possible. I am not being told what that is. And there are several large boosters that have threatened to pull their regular donations if this change was not made.

There is more to this than we are being led to believe I think.

I just hope that whatever skeleton may or may not be in the closet doesn't somehow provoke NCAA sanctions. This is the worst possible thing that could happen right now. If we somehow are looking at violations and probable sanctions, we'll be lucky if we can get anyone to come here to coach next year.