New Facts about TO and Pelini

AND WHAT IS WITH ALL THE GARBAGE OF BRINGING IN THESE RELICS OF COACHING'S PAST... BARRY EFFIN SWITZER? COME ON! CATCH UP TO THE NEW MILLENIUM... YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE AGAINST BRINGING IN MIKE DITKA OR HOW ABOUT THE GHOST OF BILL WALSH EITHER...

THE NEXT COACH OF NEBRASKA NEEDS TO BE A CURRENT COORDINATOR WITH EXPERIENCE FROM MULTIPLE, SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS... NOT UNLIKE BOB STOOPS IN '99... FRESH OFF A NATIONAL TITLE AT FLORIDA AND RESURRECTING KANSAS STATE'S D IN THE EARLY '90'S...

MY VOTE IS EITHER BO PELINI OR WILL MUSCHAMP

The new coach will be younger...I was told they want the old way in a new face...meaning tradition with a new king

Agreed...

Although Bo and Mike Gundy @ OSU are well known for their emotional outbursts..

I think they are the future of coaching.. much in line with the Stoops plan..

I played High School ball against the Gundy boys..

Now I am living in Corvallis Oregon.. home to the OSU "Giant Slaying Beavers"

I can tell you today... My Big Red N flag in front of my house.. was a whole lot brighter and stood tall once again... TO is the man :)

I'm new here so I don't know if the original poster has some magic info....but Buffet has never even given money to the school for academic reasons and I doubt that his first big donation will be for football.

He will be paying off the TO center. It also confirms other rumors that he is giving $40 MIL to school. I wasn't sure about this either but the source has been spot-on so far so I posted it.

Hell he gave $50BILLION to Bill Gates so who knows. Also, it is a redemption for TO and Solich who mean a lot to him.

As for Buffet. Today on the radio they said KETV was running a story that Buffet said no he did not give any money. Now I wouldn't be surprised if some money came from Sokol, but it appears the Buffet rumor is just a rumor. But then I suppose KETV could be running a story that is incorrect. Anything is possible.

I'm new here so I don't know if the original poster has some magic info....but Buffet has never even given money to the school for academic reasons and I doubt that his first big donation will be for football.

He will be paying off the TO center. It also confirms other rumors that he is giving $40 MIL to school. I wasn't sure about this either but the source has been spot-on so far so I posted it.

Hell he gave $50BILLION to Bill Gates so who knows. Also, it is a redemption for TO and Solich who mean a lot to him.

As for Buffet. Today on the radio they said KETV was running a story that Buffet said no he did not give any money. Now I wouldn't be surprised if some money came from Sokol, but it appears the Buffet rumor is just a rumor. But then I suppose KETV could be running a story that is incorrect. Anything is possible.

I would seriously doubt that Buffet is going to go public right now and say he gave $$ to fire people. He made billions being smart, not a moron who would make Perlman look like he can be bought. I think we might see in 6-12 months the TO center isn't in the red anymore and maybe with no publicity or fanfair.

TEXAS A&M IS ALL ABOUT TOMMY TUBBERVILLE... AND BILL BYRNE HAS THE ABILITY TO PULL HIM OUT OF AUBURN JUST LIKE HE DID TO FRANCHIONE...

IF TUBBERVILLE DOENST GO WE NEED TO HONE IN ON WILL MUSCHAMP....

CHECK THIS LINK FOR A LITTLE BACKGROUND...

http://www.realfootball365.com/college/art...p_its_only.html

Um, Franchione was available. Alabama had just been hit with more sanctions, and Franchione was running like hell to get out of there. I wouldn't exactly say $ Byrne had to pull many/any strings to get Coach Fran. Considering Tubberville's run at Auburn, I highly doubt he's going to be lured away. A&M is just like NU. why hire a HC from Auburn? The only reason Tubberville would consider is because he wants Franchione money. After he's there a few years, someone else pays him a little more and he's gone. Is that what A&M wants? I highly doubt it. IMO, the bidding war for Bo will be between NU and A&M. In the end, I think Bo picks NU for a couple of reasons. 1) He has some ties here being the DC for a year. 2) Even Bo knows the North sucks. Why go to the South and not only have to butt heads every year with OU and Texass on the field but for recruiting as well? Other than Colorado, NU is the easiest of places of the North schools to recruit to.

I would seriously doubt that Buffet is going to go public right now and say he gave $$ to fire people. He made billions being smart, not a moron who would make Perlman look like he can be bought. I think we might see in 6-12 months the TO center isn't in the red anymore and maybe with no publicity or fanfair.

I agree Buffet wouldn't go public to say he gave money to fire people.

With TO back it will be paid for in 6 to 12 months one way or the other. The Omaha money coming back would take care of that. And yes I agree that many things go on behind closed doors that we never know about. Which is what makes a rumor, a rumor.

My question is other then Bo which coaches would Nebraska target??? I mean Bo has some roots to Nebraska so he would be an obvious choice but which other coaches would Nebraska look to when interviewing???

Also if memory serves me correctly when Solich was let go and Pelini took over after that bowl win against Mich State a lot of people were interviewed for the HC position and a few people turned it down.. Will this job search be different????

TAKE A PEEK AT THIS COACHES HOT SEAT BLOG ON THIS MATTER FOR SOME OTHER IDEAS

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

the more I read about muschamp the more I like him.... he has bout moved to the top of my list

TEXAS A&M IS ALL ABOUT TOMMY TUBBERVILLE... AND BILL BYRNE HAS THE ABILITY TO PULL HIM OUT OF AUBURN JUST LIKE HE DID TO FRANCHIONE...

Um, Franchione was available. Alabama had just been hit with more sanctions, and Franchione was running like hell to get out of there. I wouldn't exactly say $ Byrne had to pull many/any strings to get Coach Fran. Considering Tubberville's run at Auburn, I highly doubt he's going to be lured away. A&M is just like NU. why hire a HC from Auburn? The only reason Tubberville would consider is because he wants Franchione money. After he's there a few years, someone else pays him a little more and he's gone. Is that what A&M wants? I highly doubt it. IMO, the bidding war for Bo will be between NU and A&M. In the end, I think Bo picks NU for a couple of reasons. 1) He has some ties here being the DC for a year. 2) Even Bo knows the North sucks. Why go to the South and not only have to butt heads every year with OU and Texass on the field but for recruiting as well? Other than Colorado, NU is the easiest of places of the North schools to recruit to.

FRANCHIONE WAS AWARE OF MIKE DUBOSE'S MESS AND PUBLICLY CLAIMED HE WOULD ACCEPT ALL NCAA SANCTIONS AND WOULD NOT LEAVE... BUT HE WAS OFFERRED OVER 2 MILLION REASON TO LEAVE BY BYRNE... AND HE DECIDED TO LEAVE THE COOP AND HEAD TO GREENER PASTURES... ALBEIT VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE...

TUBERVILLE COULD GET SIMILAR TREATMENT... AND LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT 2006's "Top Grades and No Class Time for Auburn Players" DEBACLE... IMO... TOMMY WILL LEAVE WHILE THE GETTIN IS STILL GOOD AND HEAD BACK TO A PLACE WHERE HE WAS LAST AN ASSISTANT... A&M

I DEFINITELY AGREE ABOUT PELINI PREFRRING THE NORTH... HE IS A NATIVE OF YOUNGSTOWN, OH... PLAYED AT OHIO STATE... PLUS COACHED AT NEW ENGLAND AND GREEN BAY... I HAVE A FEELING HE PREFERS THE NORTHERN CLIMATE...

FRANCHIONE WAS AWARE OF MIKE DUBOSE'S MESS AND PUBLICLY CLAIMED HE WOULD ACCEPT ALL NCAA SANCTIONS AND WOULD NOT LEAVE... BUT HE WAS OFFERRED OVER 2 MILLION REASON TO LEAVE BY BYRNE... AND HE DECIDED TO LEAVE THE COOP AND HEAD TO GREENER PASTURES... ALBEIT VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE...

TUBERVILLE COULD GET SIMILAR TREATMENT... AND LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT 2006's "Top Grades and No Class Time for Auburn Players" DEBACLE... IMO... TOMMY WILL LEAVE WHILE THE GETTIN IS STILL GOOD AND HEAD BACK TO A PLACE WHERE HE WAS LAST AN ASSISTANT... A&M

I DEFINITELY AGREE ABOUT PELINI PREFRRING THE NORTH... HE IS A NATIVE OF YOUNGSTOWN, OH... PLAYED AT OHIO STATE... PLUS COACHED AT NEW ENGLAND AND GREEN BAY... I HAVE A FEELING HE PREFERS THE NORTHERN CLIMATE...

I think this is the button you were trying to hit

caps_2Dlock.jpg

I Bleed Red probably new what he was talking about. However something happened as reported on another board at http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=44690&page=8

The sources were reliable according to John Fricke. It's possible Callahan and company are holding out for a bigger buyout offer and won't resign until they get what they want. Personally the faster things are done the better it will be for recruiting. NU is already potentially losing key recruits. Osborne wants to run a spread offense similar to what Meyer is doing at Florida which requires a mobile QB if you have listened to any of his interviews the past few days. Personally I have nothing against Callahan and wish he had the strength to fire Cosgrove but he wouldn't do it which is going to cost the jobs of many on his staff except for a few.

I think this is the button you were trying to hit

caps_2Dlock.jpg

Please for the love of all this is decent in this world, stop it with the all caps BS...

I'm in Birmingham (displaced Nebraskan originally from Lincoln), and was here during Fran and Tubberville's arrivals at UA & AU. I'm not an AU or UA fan, but I do follow both programs pretty closely. Here's my perspective:

Fran didn't get a huge pay increase going from UA to A&M. While he did go into the job with an understanding that NCAA sanctions were imminent, their ruling had not yet been handed down when he came to the program (the violations were committed during Mike Dubose's tenure). The full gravity of the violations were not made clear to Fran prior to his arrival in Tuscaloosa. When it became clear to him that things were far more serious and that the penalties would be much more severe than he was led to believe, he was pretty upset and let his agent know that he'd be interested in other options. This is why there were so many delays in finalizing his contract at UA. When A&M expressed interest, he jumped quickly. I don't blame him for leaving the situation at UA given the circumstances, but the manner in which he left (e.g. letting the players know via video conference) was pretty abhorrent.

As for Tubberville, He's making more money currently at AU than Fran is at A&M. If they come after him, it will certainly include a big pay bump for him, but I don't think that's the reason he'll accept the offer. After the Bobby Lowder fiasco a couple years ago (when Lowder, AU's biggest money man, was secretly working to hire Petrino to replace Tubberville), Tubberville negotiated a very secure contract. I suspect he still harbors a certain amount of animosity for his treatment, and will move on as soon as the right opportunity presents itself.

By the way... As someone that was also here during Terry Bowden's years at Auburn, I'd like to say "no thanks" to those folks mentioning his name :)

post-340-1190936879.jpg

bo bo bo bo bo.

enough bo. let's talk about paul johnson.

this guy has built a winning program... out of NAVY.

that's the football equivalent of MacGyver building a cold-fusion nuclear reactor with two paperclips, a bicycle pump and jar of out-dated mayonnaise.

and he runs the triple option flexbone. i dont' know what that is, but it sounds HOT.