New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

Andy Roddick was born in Omaha too...the only reason he even pretends that he's from Nebraska is the free Husker tickets now and again.

Mark Richt grew up in the South and attended Miami...other than knowing where Omaha is on a map, there's probably not a whole lot of Nebraska in him anymore. Would be a great hire though...

Ok I know alot of you are getting sick of all of this Head Coaching talk but we really need to be discussing Head Coaches. There have been a lot of people throwing out names but there are really three names that people should be looking at which are 1. Bo Pelini, 2. Paul Johnson, and 3. Jim Grobe. Now by now everybody knows that i'm rooting for Bo but if we don't Bo (even though LSU fans are saying that we've got him next year) I think that Paul Johnson is ten times better than Jim Grobe. I believe Mike on 1620 really like Jim but Kevin doesn't think that he'll be a good fit. After looking at Jim Grobes background with Wake Forest my peter never got hard but after looking at Paul Johnsons resume it was pretty damn good. His previous 5 years are amazing....so in my opinion if we don't get Bo which I think we will (e.g. his picture was on bigredreport.com under recruits and now Simi is coming to NU) I think Paul should be our next choice. Anybody else like Paul Johnson over Jim Grobe and i'm sorry if this is old news and the type of news that's getting old real fast but we need to start talking about HC jobs.

Would love it........tutored under norm Chow.........played at BYU.......was a great quarterback........beat Kjuco in the cotton bowl.......tutored under Carroll...........what is not to like..........I would neck choke my neighbor if we hired him.................... QB recruits galore strong ties to California.........it would be huge IF we got him..........thanks for uplifting my spirits , but I would be totally shocked..........IF WE GOT HIM.

MANCRUSH= Sarkisian MANCRUSH#2= Bo Pelini

Not a Gill fan for HC, but why is it that Sarkisian is getting a bye for never being a HC but it was always used against Turner Gill.

Turner Gill wasn't qualified. and now that he is head coach we can see why. He cant even turn a LOW level team around. I understand his ties to nebraska, but we need a solid coach.

Ok I know alot of you are getting sick of all of this Head Coaching talk but we really need to be discussing Head Coaches. There have been a lot of people throwing out names but there are really three names that people should be looking at which are 1. Bo Pelini, 2. Paul Johnson, and 3. Jim Grobe. Now by now everybody knows that i'm rooting for Bo but if we don't Bo (even though LSU fans are saying that we've got him next year) I think that Paul Johnson is ten times better than Jim Grobe. I believe Mike on 1620 really like Jim but Kevin doesn't think that he'll be a good fit. After looking at Jim Grobes background with Wake Forest my peter never got hard but after looking at Paul Johnsons resume it was pretty damn good. His previous 5 years are amazing....so in my opinion if we don't get Bo which I think we will (e.g. his picture was on bigredreport.com under recruits and now Simi is coming to NU) I think Paul should be our next choice. Anybody else like Paul Johnson over Jim Grobe and i'm sorry if this is old news and the type of news that's getting old real fast but we need to start talking about HC jobs.

uhm...why should we be talking about head coaches?...dont get me wrong but im as interested as the rest of you are about it, but what goes on in this message board dont matter down in lincoln....so i say we just sit back and watch the team implode th rest of the way, and see what happens as soon as TO decides what he should do

Look at what he is doing with the best talent in college football? The huskers won't be able to land USC's talent, yet they were beat by Stanford at home and nearly lost to Washington and Arizona! We need a better HC than that!

FWIW, USC does its recruiting out of magazines. I would not say they have the best talent neccesarily. Hell, if you need any more proof that 5 star ratings are crap, look at our merry bunch of Cornhuskers

Would love it........tutored under norm Chow.........played at BYU.......was a great quarterback........beat Kjuco in the cotton bowl.......tutored under Carroll...........what is not to like..........I would neck choke my neighbor if we hired him.................... QB recruits galore strong ties to California.........it would be huge IF we got him..........thanks for uplifting my spirits , but I would be totally shocked..........IF WE GOT HIM.

MANCRUSH= Sarkisian MANCRUSH#2= Bo Pelini

Not a Gill fan for HC, but why is it that Sarkisian is getting a bye for never being a HC but it was always used against Turner Gill.

Turner Gill wasn't qualified. and now that he is head coach we can see why. He cant even turn a LOW level team around. I understand his ties to nebraska, but we need a solid coach.

Are you kidding?!? :wtf

Gill has turned Buffalo from a cream-puff bottom 10 to a team that has a 3-1 record in his conference and recently beat Solich's Ohio team. He has proven he can coach. Might not be right for Nebraska, but he can coach.

I am impressed with what Grobe has done in the ACC with Wake Forest, but I still lean to Johnson. Navy is respectable most years. IF Johnson can put together a staff that can recruit well for his system, I lean towrds him.

Grobe on the other hand has to do recruiting, so he has a track record to look over.

Either is probably a good choice, but I will take Johnson.

Glad to know that Jim Grobe didn't do anything for your peter! On a serious note though I like Paul Johnson more and more. I am leaning towards Bo myself, but I am starting to warm up to Paul. Long story short for now if it's not Bo then I would certainly take Paul Johnson!

Is our program at the point where we need to be the testing ground for "possible" future great coaches. The guy may know qb's and offense, but can he lead. Sound like right now he has all of the same qualifications Callahan had when hired.

I believe Tom Osborne was an Offensive Coordinator that was hired in as a first time Head Coach.

FWIW, Dr Tom was Assistant HC/OC when he got hired

Look at what he is doing with the best talent in college football? The huskers won't be able to land USC's talent, yet they were beat by Stanford at home and nearly lost to Washington and Arizona! We need a better HC than that!

You left on one critical element of your analysis, 13 starters missed at least one game in that stretch. When your talent is on the bench its hard to play top level football. Blame the trainer for not getting them back on the field, not Sark!