Rank Your Potential Candidates

I'm still not convinced Shawn Watson's name shouldn't be thrown into the hat as well. For whatever reason, my gut keeps telling me he's being looked at by Osborne. I have this feeling Watson is on the sideline not because Callahan wants him there, but because Osborne wants to evaluate him and ability to coach along with his interaction with the players. Having him as HC would give us some continuity within the program and possibly current recruits. Just a hunch I have but it's probably a bad hunch :hmmph

Bo Pelini- not only does husker nation love him but if you talk to jsut about any person who covers college football for a living about Pelini being a head coach and they will tell you he will probably be a HC next year, so it isnt just NU fans who like him, a lot of analysis think he can be a great HC

Turner Gill- deserves to be atleast the 2nd choice if not the 1st choice, because of what he did for the program and what he has done at Buffaloe.

My next candidates i kinda jsut lump into third place cause i think we will get number 1 or 2 and if we dont all these guys i think could do a good job and the are:

Gary Patterson- good denfensive minded coach

Joe Glenn- dont know why someone said he is too old, he is only 58 and has done a good job at Wyoming

Paul Johnson- Can adjust great to his players, ran spread at Haiwii, then runs triple option at Navy, so he definetly knows how to use his players.

Jim Grobe- has also done a great job with a little program at wake forest.

I dont know much about Kevin Steele or Brian Kelly and the otehr guys Greg Schiano, Jim Leavitt and Bobby Petrino probably wont leave their current jobs for Nebraska.

Out of guys I think we'd have some shot at getting:

Brian Kelly-proven winner as a HC

Bo-Great D-mind that players go thru walls for

Chris Peterson-Supposed to a tough-get due to personal-ties to Boise but would be a quality hire. Schooled Bob in the bowl and has run one of the nation's best offenses for years.

June Jones-Hard to get anyone other than Samoans to Hawaii but they still win a lot

Gill-has turned Buffalo around way ahead of schedule

Muschamp-Great D-guy, though I think he takes Auburn job when ATM goes for Tuberville

Bud Foster-Multiple #1 defenses aren't an accident.

Do any of you remember the problems he caused when he left here. He tried to destroy this team and program. He went behind our coaches backs and convinced them that nothing would work, to rebel. We do not need this type of person. He is a low life no matter how much you think he did for us. It was absolutely nothing but mirrors with average talent. He is now getting lit up with some of the best talent in the country.

He is not the answer for Nebraska. He could not be farther from the Nebraska way.

1. Pelini - I love coaches with a chip on their shoulders. He's definitely one of them.

2. Will Muschamp - Anybody tired of the lack of passion on this team? Not any longer!

3. Brian Kelly - All his teams do are get better...

4. Turner Gill - He clearly would get the home folk excited. I'm not sure he's ready, however.

5. Chris Peterson - I love his offense, have questions about his teams' defense. He'd have to pick one heck of a DC.

Do any of you remember the problems he caused when he left here. He tried to destroy this team and program. He went behind our coaches backs and convinced them that nothing would work, to rebel. We do not need this type of person. He is a low life no matter how much you think he did for us. It was absolutely nothing but mirrors with average talent. He is now getting lit up with some of the best talent in the country.

He is not the answer for Nebraska. He could not be farther from the Nebraska way.

Are you talking about Bo?

I'm confused :hmmph

I have not heard much since he ended up at LSU.

Honestly, do some research before you embarass yourself.

Here's the rankings for scoring defense for his defenses since 2003:

Nebraska (2003) - 2nd

Oklahoma (2004) - 11th

LSU - (2005) - 3rd

LSU - (2006) - 4th

LSU - (2007) - 10th

Total Defense:

Nebraska (2003) - 11th

Oklahoma (2004) - 13th

LSU - (2005) - 3rd

LSU - (2006) - 3rd

LSU - (2007) - 2nd

He may have been quiet, but his defenses sure haven't...

I have not heard much since he ended up at LSU.

Honestly, do some research before you embarass yourself.

Here's the rankings for scoring defense for his defenses since 2003:

Nebraska (2003) - 2nd

Oklahoma (2004) - 11th

LSU - (2005) - 3rd

LSU - (2006) - 4th

LSU - (2007) - 10th

Total Defense:

Nebraska (2003) - 11th

Oklahoma (2004) - 13th

LSU - (2005) - 3rd

LSU - (2006) - 3rd

LSU - (2007) - 2nd

He may have been quiet, but his defenses sure haven't...

I think he meant he hasn't heard him bashing NU since he arrived at LSU. It least that is what I got out of his statement. I don't think he meant it the way you took it.

Who knows though.

My list

1. TO

2. Jamie Hunt

3A. Craig Bohl #1 team in the Nation and isn't it at the same level that Paul Johnson got his start?

3B. Bo Pelini

3C. Turner Gill

3D. Barry Alveraz

4. Anybody but Paul Johnson, Jim Grobe, Joe Glenn, or ANY OF THE BIG EAST GUYS

I wonder if we have a chance to lure Rich Rodreguiz (sp) away from from West Virginia.......He was ready togo to Alabama, but changed his mind at the last minute.....probably becuase of guys by the name of Slaton and White..... West Virginia runs a great offense, with a lot of spread/read option from shot gun.... fun offense and a very good coach..

# 2 Bill Cowher.....not a chance in the world, but I am a life-time Steeler fan.....

#3 From the original list on this thread..... Johnson from Navy.... bring in the triple option to a power like Nebraska with all of our $$ backing.....look at what his offense does with guys that are truy "students' first... His hands are tied with the admission requirements...what if he had "athletes"..... He would need to get a huge D-coord...

#4 Shawn Watson....... OC at CU during a number of Big 12 title runs.... I just like this guy.