Do You Want To Go Bowling?

huskerguy

Do you want to go to a bowl game or just get the season over with and move on?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's assume OU wins the Big 12 . . .

Fiesta: OU

Sugar/Orange: Texas (at-large)

Gator: Kansas

Cotton: Mizzou

Holiday (forgot about this one): Texas Tech

And that leaves NU/CU, Texas A&M, and probably Okie State. Here are the order of picks after the Holiday:

Alamo

Insight

Independence (forgot about this one, too)

Texas

Between the three choices, I think the Alamo Bowl would be more likely to choose us than the other two. If CU wins, then I bet the Alamo would take A&M (for proximity). But the Alamo Bowl loves NU. And NU loves the Alamodome (never lost a game there, after all).

^^So VA Husker, you're right, it doesn't apply. :P I out-thought myself. Plus, I remembered the Holiday Bowl.

So in short, yeah, I'd really like us to go to a bowl. The Alamo Bowl, if we can swing it. :P

Yes, if after the Buff win we get invited to any bowl we must accept for the above reasons. But also for recruiting....every bowl is televised and gives us exposure.

We are going to be (already are) national fb news regarding our coaching situation so might as well win going out and put a positive spin on the season.

Yes, if after the Buff win we get invited to any bowl we must accept for the above reasons. But also for recruiting....every bowl is televised and gives us exposure.

We are going to be (already are) national fb news regarding our coaching situation so might as well win going out and put a positive spin on the season.

explode...

woops....

I was trying to quote that 2011 Husker guy...

Now remember guys, Texas played against Iowa at the Alamo bowl last year and Iowa was 6-6 last year and they went to a bowl and lost to end up 6-7 that year. I'll be honest with you guys, I voted No mainly because I'd hate to see our defense play like crap. The only reason why we beat KSU so bad is that is was senior day and it was about our players and it wouldn't surprise me if Shawn Watson was calling the plays. I would love to see us beat Colorado and making it to the bowl game but I'm just more worried about our defense than anything and to keep our bowl streak active at 2 years in a row, 3 years in a row if we make it this year. Believe me I want us to make it to a bowl game but I just don't think that'll happen but we could only hope.

I want us to kick CUs ass so bad so that we'll make it through this season at 6-6 but I don't think that we'll get a bowl bid. I listen to 1620 about everyday and they had a debate on this and both Mike and Kevin agreed that if we beat both KSU and CU that we wouldn't make it to a bowl game.

Now some people are saying that we would be in the Alamo bowl with a crappy big 10 school. Lets see here there is Indiana, Michigan State, Iowa, and Northwestern which all are 6-5 with Purdue at 7-4. Now out of that list I can see us beating Indiana and Iowa maybe Northwestern but we couldn't beat Michigan State or Purdue. Whatever happens in the next two weeks will be interesting. Keep up the faith and GO BIG RED!!!!

I still think we might be aiming a little high to hope for the Alamo Bowl. The Texas Bowl? Maybe. Don't forget, as much as we love our Huskers, they will still be, at best, 6-6. Last year Florida State and UCLA had similar records and ended up in the Emerald Nut Bowl. So just because we are a big program with a long storied tradition, doesn't entltle us to a higher bowl.

Now, that being said. Nothing would make me happier than to screw a team like OSU, K-State, or aTm, out of a higher bowl. :nutz

GO BIG RED!!!

I still think we might be aiming a little high to hope for the Alamo Bowl. The Texas Bowl? Maybe. Don't forget, as much as we love our Huskers, they will still be, at best, 6-6. Last year Florida State and UCLA had similar records and ended up in the Emerald Nut Bowl. So just because we are a big program with a long storied tradition, doesn't entltle us to a higher bowl.

Now, that being said. Nothing would make me happier than to screw a team like OSU, K-State, or aTm, out of a higher bowl. :nutz

GO BIG RED!!!

Iowa ended up in the Alamo Bowl last year at 6-6, primarily because they travel well. San Antonio loves the Huskers. The Big 12 is top heavy and everyone else is close to the same after that.

KSU- 5-5, but 2 games left that they will probably lose.

CU- 5-6, with 1 game left against NU to decide bowl eligibility

NU- same predicament as above

Texas Tech 7-4, playing OU next week, probably ends up 7-5

Texas A&M 6-5, with 1 game to play against UT, probably end up 6-6

Okie St 5-5 with 1 game left against OU and Baylor, probably end up 6-6

The other 3 teams are ranked in the top 5. What a wacky year in the Big 12. If the Huskers win against CU and KSU loses to Missouri, Nebraska finishes 3rd in the north. It wouldn't surprise me if the Alamo Bowl picked the Huskers, but it seems that the Independence Bowl is interested. Gotta take what we can get at this point.

A very LOUD YES....on going bowling......... Makes zero sense for not wanting this team to go to a bowl....

1st: Beating CU (along with KSU) takes a little of the sting out of a horrible season.

2nd: Remember, CU is on NATIONAL TV..... exposure, exposure, exposure....needs to be POSITIVE !!! (WIN)

3rd: Additonal practice time for the young guys..... not worried about "scheme" issues....just playing football

4th: Fire BC, interim coach takes over, hire new HC soon...... no questions left hanging

* not sure if the right HC is hired, that they may come to NU immediately to begin recruiting

and getting to know players....Yes, even if it is Pelini....wouldn't surprise me to see him

step away from LSU (even in a BCS situation and NC) because that would show his

commitment to NU..

5th: Being on TV for the bowl is more exposure....exposure.....exposure

6th: If we go to a bottom tier bowl (only option), our opponent shouldn't be able to blow us up.

* This team isn't "horrible".....get over the KU "image" and realize that they are GOOD !!! KU and MU in top 5-6 teams in country.....and we played them on the road...... USC....better than us.....no doubt.... Texas will be in top 15 and played them on the road....... A-M and OSU losses suck, because they aren't terrific and they were in Lincoln....... If we can beat CU, this team should deserve a chance to play in a bowl, and to say otherwise just doesn't make sense to me.

A very LOUD YES....on going bowling......... Makes zero sense for not wanting this team to go to a bowl....

1st: Beating CU (along with KSU) takes a little of the sting out of a horrible season.

2nd: Remember, CU is on NATIONAL TV..... exposure, exposure, exposure....needs to be POSITIVE !!! (WIN)

3rd: Additonal practice time for the young guys..... not worried about "scheme" issues....just playing football

4th: Fire BC, interim coach takes over, hire new HC soon...... no questions left hanging

* not sure if the right HC is hired, that they may come to NU immediately to begin recruiting

and getting to know players....Yes, even if it is Pelini....wouldn't surprise me to see him

step away from LSU (even in a BCS situation and NC) because that would show his

commitment to NU..

5th: Being on TV for the bowl is more exposure....exposure.....exposure

6th: If we go to a bottom tier bowl (only option), our opponent shouldn't be able to blow us up.

* This team isn't "horrible".....get over the KU "image" and realize that they are GOOD !!! KU and MU in top 5-6 teams in country.....and we played them on the road...... USC....better than us.....no doubt.... Texas will be in top 15 and played them on the road....... A-M and OSU losses suck, because they aren't terrific and they were in Lincoln....... If we can beat CU, this team should deserve a chance to play in a bowl, and to say otherwise just doesn't make sense to me.

You do realize that no one Kansas has played this year has had a record better then 6-4 and that was a MAC team who has gone 5-0 in their conference.

No matter how much you want to rewrite history this Nebraska team is terrible.

Why would you just want to end. So Callahan is gone sooner. Yep lets not go to a bowl game so we can fire someone and loose out of the some of the players not getting into a bowl situations. Would be good experience for alot of them, and there isn't a coach out there that supposedly we are looking at that isn't going to a bowl game, so we couldn't have them until after January anyway.