Do You Want To Go Bowling?

huskerguy

Do you want to go to a bowl game or just get the season over with and move on?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's assume OU wins the Big 12 . . .

Fiesta: OU

Sugar/Orange: Texas (at-large)

Gator: Kansas

Cotton: Mizzou

Holiday (forgot about this one): Texas Tech

And that leaves NU/CU, Texas A&M, and probably Okie State. Here are the order of picks after the Holiday:

Alamo

Insight

Independence (forgot about this one, too)

Texas

Between the three choices, I think the Alamo Bowl would be more likely to choose us than the other two. If CU wins, then I bet the Alamo would take A&M (for proximity). But the Alamo Bowl loves NU. And NU loves the Alamodome (never lost a game there, after all).

^^So VA Husker, you're right, it doesn't apply. :P I out-thought myself. Plus, I remembered the Holiday Bowl.

So in short, yeah, I'd really like us to go to a bowl. The Alamo Bowl, if we can swing it. :P

The conference is almost assured of getting an at-large BCS bid, so remove OU (NC game - they will pick OU over a 12-1 Oregon) and Mizzou/KU. The pecking order for Big XII tie-ins - other than BCS - is

Cotton (conference #2) Mizzou/KU - whoever doesn't get the at-large BCS

Holiday (conference #3) Texas

Gator (option to take the #4 team) OSU

Alamo (#4/#5) OSU if the Gator doesn't take the #4, Tech if they do

Insight (#6) Tech if the Gator doesn't pick, A&M if they do (A&M has the tie-breaker over us amongst 3-5 conference teams)

Independence (#7) A&M if the Gator doesn't pick from our conference - us if they do

Texas (#8) us if the Gator doesn't take OSU, otherwise this could be left open because if we become bowl eligible, that means that CU isn't, and KSU won't win another game this year, so they are out. With 8 bowl eligible teams, and the BCS taking two, that leaves 6 to fill 7 tie-ins

Sun (#?) this bowl also has the option to pick from the Bix XII - doubtful since we will either fill our max or leave one empty

cmb23...... I disagree with the "hypothetical" thought that many of us would have voted NO about bowling prior to the KSU game........ Obviously, in order to go bowling, NU must beat KSU and CU......probably the 2 most "hated" current rivals of our program........ I would venture a guess, no matter how disgusted we all are at the season, no one would have said that they wanted NU to lose to either one of these two rivals.....meaning, yes, most of us would want this team to win out, thus becoming bowl eligible......once agian, anyone wanting anything less is not a die-hard fan....they are call "fair-weather" and band-wagon.....We all stick together in all kinds of weather (yes, piss poor seasons too.... NU fan for life)

I do agree what a win can do for a fan base.....You are absolutely correct....but, I do say that I believe that most Husker fans are taking this win with a grain of salt....meaning, yes, the win was great, the possible bowl "eligibiltiy" is nice, but one win doesn't change the big picture....... changes will be made.

Is it time for the Spring game yet? Get this season over....that is what I want...the way we have played we don't deserve a bowl....the only reason we might get one if we beat Colorado is because Nebraskans will travel, and the bowl committee knows that.

My firm belief is that this team does not deserve a bowl....thanks to the disaster that has been called a defense this year. Just because we have one good game does not change my attitude at all...this defense has been the demise of this team.

Is it time for the Spring game yet? Get this season over....that is what I want...the way we have played we don't deserve a bowl....the only reason we might get one if we beat Colorado is because Nebraskans will travel, and the bowl committee knows that.

My firm belief is that this team does not deserve a bowl....thanks to the disaster that has been called a defense this year. Just because we have one good game does not change my attitude at all...this defense has been the demise of this team.

ok, then stay home and hide. if we beat CU, i would love to see us play another game. the kids need it and the new coach will benefit from it as well. damn, get positive for once, no reason to not finish with 3 wins at the end of the season if it can be done. this team needs to turn the corner before next year if possible, get it?

I voted no and, without drooling on my computer, I'll tell you why:

Though I've looked forward to Husker bowl games for decades, I don't think this team deserves to go to a bowl. The defense still sucks regardless of the blow-out against KSU...they gave up tons of yards and 30 points to a team that was supposed to have rolled over and played dead. What will they do against a bowl-eligible team.

Look at the opponents we've beaten: Ball State by !, Iowa State, Kansas State....need I go on? Just looking in the conference, we've only beaten Iowa State and KSU...a team that ISU beat! We win against Colorado and we've beaten ISU and the two teams they managed to beat! The best we can do is finish next to last in the Big 12 North. Think the Huskers are a laughing stock now? Just wait till they pull into San Antonio or whereever with their 6-6 record trailing behind them.

The team gave up during some of the blow outs...like Missouri. Do you want to reward a team that gives up during a game?

Too many bowls as it is. I've already been embarrassed by ISU getting bowl bids after crappy seasons and then getting blown out by teams like Boise State in the Humanitarian Bowl...If you want to take a mediocre team to a rinky dink bowl that's only being played in some rinky dink town against some other rinky dink opponent that doesn't belong there be my guest. I won't watch...after four decades of Nebraska supremacy in major bowls against big time opponents, I can't stoop to the level where I would enjoy it this year. You all talk about tradition and the Husker way...taking this team to a bowl is NOT the Husker way.

ILook at the opponents we've beaten: Ball State by !, Iowa State, Kansas State....need I go on?

yes, you do. Wake Forest and Nevada, both with winning records. And no, if we beat CU, we will NOT be next to last in the north. ISU will have a worse record, and we will be tied with CU and KSU, with the tie-breaker over both of them. That makes us 3rd behind KU & Mizzou

If anybody votes NO you are NOT a fan. You are a boob.

A couple of weeks ago, I would've said "NO"

I'm against anything that can possibly bring this coaching staff back for more.

It at least gives the team a couple of more weeks to practice.

Yep - important practice time for the younger players.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't want the team in a bowl game.

Not sure practicing with this staff would be a good thing.

(Unless we start working on fundamentals?) <_< (Doubtful)

Then I thought.."I'd go to see us in the Insight Bowl just to finally see BOB (Chase Field, now) but just remembered they're moving it to Sun Devil Stadium, this season.

I'd hate to see us get embarrassed by someone just to say we were in a Bowl, but I have faith our Defense will show up against Colorado and give me a little more faith.

Plus I'd enjoy having more Husker Fans in the Valley to keep me company.

I'll vote "yes" but will retain my right to play with Boobs!