If Osborne keeps Callahan, are we all going to complain?

Landlord

i really think osborn is the middle man,,,that the president of nu will eventually make that decision of keeping or letting callahan go...and the decision is probably allready made, i don,t look for him back...otherwise they would have kept pederson.

Who?

Harvey Perlman, I think.

I mean who is this "osborn" fellow? ;)

disagree, Osborne didn't come back to be Pearlman's boy......no way in hell!

Perlman asked Osborne to come back. Why would he do that if they have a poor relationship?

It doesn't mean TO is Perlman's "boy," it means that TO will act on suggestion(s) from Perlman. I triple-dog guarantee you that the hire won't be ONLY TO's show.

disagree, Osborne didn't come back to be Pearlman's boy......no way in hell!

Perlman asked Osborne to come back. Why would he do that if they have a poor relationship?

It doesn't mean TO is Perlman's "boy," it means that TO will act on suggestion(s) from Perlman. I triple-dog guarantee you that the hire won't be ONLY TO's show.

No way in hell because everyone wants to make sure this next coach is the right one. There will probably be some type of committee type decision.

I would be really pissed if Callllllahan is back. Common sense tells me that Bill is gone. Bill and Tom don't like each other, and Bill keeps making back-handed comments about Tom. Bill has ruined alot of our traditions and has caused much turmoil and strife to Husker fans. He has pretty much destroyed Husker football.

But something in my gut tells me that Tom has been in Bill's position before and has empathy for him. I'm really scared that if NU wins in Boulder, Bill is back next year with a retooled coaching staff. I don't know if I could go through another season like that. Keeping Callllllahan would make me question my belief in TO.

I'll only complain to my hubby! Will still support the team no matter what -- once a husker, always a husker.

Seriously though, has there truly been any improvement during Callahan's tenure?? I guess I just expected iprovement more quickly. When TO resigned it was a given that who followed in his footsteps would be watched closely -- BIG SHOES TO FILL for sure, but I honestly haven't seen any improvement in the program since BC took over.

If Osborne keeps Callahan, are we all going to complain?

Complain?

more likely....

Rant, throw a fit, hold breath, jump off high places, beat the wives/children...

Personally, I think a head coach should get SIX years like Frank did.

My favorite example is Mangino-

2-10

6-7

4-7

7-5

6-6

10-0

If KU didn't wait SIX years, they never would have sniffed 10-0. Mangino's record SUCKED until year six.

But if a revolving door policy (four years or less) is going to be in place from now on..... I hope TO gets PJohnson for the next HC.

Solich would have been 10-0 under Kansas Schedule even Callahan might have been 8-2.

Central Michigan 6-4 113. Central Mich. 10 775 4783 6.17 49 478.30

SE Louisiana 2-8 Not ranked?

Toledo 5-6 100. Toledo 10 711 4440 6.24 53 444.00

Florida International 0-9 99. Florida Int'l 9 644 3987 6.19 44 443.00

Kansas State 5-5 61. Kansas St. 10 720 3831 5.32 35 383.10

Baylor 3-8 106. Baylor 11 858 4994 5.82 48 454.00

Colorado 5-6 51. Colorado 11 752 4063 5.40 37 369.36

Texas A&M 6-5 88. Texas A&M 11 793 4635 5.84 36 421.36

Nebraska 5-6 112. Nebraska 11 860 5204 6.05 51 473.09

Oklahoma State 5-5 108. Oklahoma St. 10 754 4564 6.05 37 456.40

Total ------

Drum Roll please 42-62

I guess NU could schedule those teams and claim they're back. To tired to look up their offensive stats.

PS. Anyone notice that the team that held Nebraska system offense scoreless for a half is rated 108 in total defense?

Good point 8-2 and we'd never be having this discussion.

With a KU type schedule instead of playing 5 ranked teams, two that are currently in the top 5, USC that was #1 when the huskers played them and Texas still #13.

NU had the sixth toughest schedule in CFB.

If I were Cally, I'd have used that excuse all day long. But you know what? he hasn't.

The schedule is seldom brought up.

Too much cally hate out there to look at things objectively.

-brutal schedule

-huge defensive losses to NFL/graduation

-inexperienced D line

-injuries

-it's only year four folks-- even Solich got six!! Many think he should have gotten a year or two more.

Now the revolving door begins.

PJ for HC. Hopefully he gets more than 2-3 years, it would mean reversing the current trend.

BEAT CU!!

Nice try to turn it around. The only thing is Nebraska doesn't schedule that many creampuffs every year. The two teams Nu probably would have lost would have been blowouts so yes there would still be calling for his head.

I love how everyone keep whinning about how this will turn into revolving door. If Osborne was the AD back in 2003 he probably have kept Solich and these same people would be crying that we need a new coach and not one word of a revolving door.

I cannot see one major program that would keep a coach after having two years of not even making a bowl out four or those years.

I'll only complain to my hubby! Will still support the team no matter what -- once a husker, always a husker.

Seriously though, has there truly been any improvement during Callahan's tenure?? I guess I just expected iprovement more quickly. When TO resigned it was a given that who followed in his footsteps would be watched closely -- BIG SHOES TO FILL for sure, but I honestly haven't seen any improvement in the program since BC took over.

Callahan's tenure:

2004: 5-6

2005: 8-4

2006: 9-4

2007: 5-7 :flush or 6-6, still craptastic...but better than 5-7, I guess.

Until this season started to go into the crapper...I thought we were making great improvements.

:leghump: