Problems with Pro guys coaching college

I just hit the link and I think Charlie Weiss looks like one of these characters below

1) http://www.prisonflicks.com/madmax1.htm scroll mid way -- Master Blaster unmasked

2) http://melissa.vox.com/library/photo/6a00b...1c9c90549d.html --Sloth from Goonies or http://www.munkeygames.com/shop/bmz_cache/8/8798c8a6...

You decide.

Please forgive my lack of cut and paste skills. Maybe one of the masters of the board can refine. Love to have the action figure on my profile. If anyone figures it out, let me know.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

One point was forgotten; 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 and 11-5 can get you into the playoffs. 10-6 and better are considered good seasons. In college 2 losses and you are out of the picture as far as the national championship and on your way to the Garbage Can Bowl in early December that is shown on Lifetime, the Women's Channel. College is pressure football, every game means something. You can't afford to lose and you can't afford to beat Ball State by one point. BC just didn't get it.

...T_O_B

That article is spot on. Everything in there sums up why ex-NFL coaches dont work in college. They are so used to dealing with players that are fully developed and can turn on the intensity like a light switch. College players need to be developed and coached up so they can eventually get to that point.

The article could just have easily been about Cally, with the exception of the part where Weis blames himself. Cally routinely fails to accept any blame ("I've done an excellent job in all areas"). Failure to develop the younger talent, failure to make in-game adjustments, failure to motivate the team, failure to adapt are all reasons he won't be back.

• In a philosophy straight out of the NFL handbook but practically unheard of in college, Weis limited full-contact preseason practices to keep his players "fresh" for the season opener and limited "live" action during the first few weeks of in-season practices. Never mind that many of his key contributors had never played in a live college game.

Only after watching Michigan push his team around in a 38-0 loss the third week of the season did Weis institute more full-contact practices, but there's still an evident lack of physicality when watching their games.

<_<

or

To his credit, a purportedly humbled Weis has not hesitated to accept the blame for Notre Dame's woes, criticizing his own job performance on multiple occasions.

"Rather than sit there and make excuses and talk about the volume of numbers in the upper classes, you just have to say you didn't do a good enough job of putting them in a position to win," he said after the Navy game. "I take all the responsibility."

:thumbs

One point was forgotten; 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 and 11-5 can get you into the playoffs. 10-6 and better are considered good seasons. In college 2 losses and you are out of the picture as far as the national championship and on your way to the Garbage Can Bowl in early December that is shown on Lifetime, the Women's Channel. College is pressure football, every game means something. You can't afford to lose and you can't afford to beat Ball State by one point. BC just didn't get it.

...T_O_B

Beat Ball State? Hell they beat themselves by missing the tying extra-point and dropping the winning TD. Just think, is anyone pimping keeping BC if Ball doesn't piss that game away? I think not.

Ya in pro-ball you can afford slumps as long as you make it into the playoffs and are clicking when you get there. In college every game means something. Several losses doesn't get it done, not at Neb anyway.

BC not adapting to the college game-teaching technique and hitting regularly, is a big culprit in our inconsistency and defensive mediocrity. Like Sarkisian said you have to approach practicing in college differently.

...T_O_B

Beat Ball State? Hell they beat themselves by missing the tying extra-point and dropping the winning TD. Just think, is anyone pimping keeping BC if Ball doesn't piss that game away? I think not.

Ya in pro-ball you can afford slumps as long as you make it into the playoffs and are clicking when you get there. In college every game means something. Several losses doesn't get it done, not at Neb anyway.

BC not adapting to the college game-teaching technique and hitting regularly, is a big culprit in our inconsistency and defensive mediocrity. Like Sarkisian said you have to approach practicing in college differently.

:yeah so true, our guys play on game day like they never expected to have to make tackles. something is terribly wrong with the practice/coaching routine. there is no fire in the D, it has been missing for a long time now, last seen when Pelini was here.