The Search is Over!

If you're going to give us "Brian from the Weight Room" why not just give us his last name, too? What's that? It's like saying, "I'm not going to tell you what direction they drove off in, but if you face North it's to your right."

People think they're being clever, but all they're doing is mucking up their posts.

:yeah

We need spies to get out in Lincoln to confirm or deny the validity of the info I just received. Turner Gill is in Lincoln.

(I am skeptical, will not reveal my source, and wish to remind you all - - this is a RUMOR board)

If he is he came in on a commercial flight, there are no executive planes that have come in from the Buffalo area to either Lincoln or Millard today.

This is uncomfirmed but from a rivals.com source:

Pelini has resigned at LSU at will be named coach at Nebraska late this afternoon

Take it for what it's worth. I'm thinking it's solid. I am a bandwagon poster on this site and not a regular but comsumed with all the talk.

That's fine. I can live with that, but why is Gill in town?

Or it could be that Pelini blew this interview as he has blown others before. Overconfidence can kill you in an interview. And after the interview TO and HP decided to go onto Atlanta and see what the search firm had found.

:bonez

Just a thought in view of the fact that the NU job isn't the only one out there.

:dunno

It could be that Bo said No thanks. After all, Miles appears to be headed back to Michigan and with Bo's rep in Baton Rouge, he may already be a shoo in for that HC job, especially if they take the SEC championship and their bowl game.

If Pelini turned down the NU job, it wasn't to become the LSU HC. As someone else just stated, LSU fans are very unhappy with him and there's speculation that he could even be fired if NU doesn't hire hiim. That's an encouraging thought, eh?

Why because FANS think that he will be fired?

I don't know how closely you've been following all of this, but it's been talked about on the radio numerous times. I heard a Baton Rouge journalist interviewed the other day who said this was a very real possibility since the LSU fan base and administration feel Pelini has vastly underperformed with the talen he has this season. If you look into it you'll find plenty of talk on this. But I'm not saying this will definitely happen, which is why I used the word "speculation." But the fact that there is speculation about Pelini getting fired after this season suggests that LSU probably won't promote him to HC (and if you remember, that was the original context of my post).

I don't know if I'm really thrilled with any of the candidates, now that I think about it. I would probably be just as skeptical of Pelini being hired as I would be with Gill.

I could get behind either, but I would do so very cautiously and with low expectations. What a terrible season this was.

Neither of these guys are a shoe in to win (either is Kelly, or Grobe, or even Dr. Tom if he came back), but they both bring good experience and traits. Regardless who is hired, we need to support the new coach!

Or it could be that Pelini blew this interview as he has blown others before. Overconfidence can kill you in an interview. And after the interview TO and HP decided to go onto Atlanta and see what the search firm had found.

:bonez

Just a thought in view of the fact that the NU job isn't the only one out there.

:dunno

It could be that Bo said No thanks. After all, Miles appears to be headed back to Michigan and with Bo's rep in Baton Rouge, he may already be a shoo in for that HC job, especially if they take the SEC championship and their bowl game.

If Pelini turned down the NU job, it wasn't to become the LSU HC. As someone else just stated, LSU fans are very unhappy with him and there's speculation that he could even be fired if NU doesn't hire hiim. That's an encouraging thought, eh?

Why because FANS think that he will be fired?

I don't know how closely you've been following all of this, but it's been talked about on the radio numerous times. I heard a Baton Rouge journalist interviewed the other day who said this was a very real possibility since the LSU fan base and administration feel Pelini has vastly underperformed with the talen he has this season. If you look into it you'll find plenty of talk on this. But I'm not saying this will definitely happen, which is why I used the word "speculation." But the fact that there is speculation about Pelini getting fired after this season suggests that LSU probably won't promote him to HC (and if you remember, that was the original context of my post).

Maybe this is why Miles says he would recommend Pelini to any school looking for a coach -- saves him from having to fire anyone. :sarcasm

This is uncomfirmed but from a rivals.com source:

Pelini has resigned at LSU at will be named coach at Nebraska late this afternoon

Take it for what it's worth. I'm thinking it's solid. I am a bandwagon poster on this site and not a regular but comsumed with all the talk.

this is also unconfirmed but here is the story that i have heard BP head coach. TG is OC LSU linbackers coach is DC marvin sanders is back as secondary coach.

again take it for what it is worth. I think that it is also solid and has come from two different sources. most probably wont believe until actual confirmation but disect this one. makes some sense if this does happen.

It is not the fans so much in BR as it is the Administration. From the info that I get from Josh, the fans absolutly love the guy. But the Administration at LSU thinks he is too crass and does not like his attitude.

And he does not get along to well with Miles

As much as I hate to disagree with "Josh" ( :wtf ), mosey on over to your favorite LSU message board. A random sampling will tell you that around 80%-90% of LSU fans want Nebraska to hire Pelini just to take him off of their hands. Fans are even offering to drive Pelini to Lincoln. Pardon me if my Bogasm is becoming impotent.