Paul Johnson to visit Lincoln after Army game

Dang, Wikipedia already says:

"Johnson is set to interview with interim Athletic Director Tom Osborne for the Nebraska head coaching vacancy on Sunday, December 2, 2007."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_...football_coach)

:LOLtartar You put that in there yourself, didn't you!!? :LOLtartar

No, actually I did not...but I knew I would be accused of it and I almost added a note to that effect! I've never edited anything in Wikipedia, since I know all of the information in there is completely trustworthy already. :-)

"Johnson is set to interview with interim Athletic Director Tom Osborne for the Nebraska head coaching vacancy on Sunday, December 2, 2007."

And we all know how accurate wikipedia is. (NOT) It is all speculation right now. Fun speculation, but still.....

Michael Scott says Wikipedia is accurate: "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information"

Typical guy on Navy's D would be playing 1AA ball if he weren't there. The offense works because Johnson has an awesome offensive mind and their scheme isn't really seen anymore so it is hard to really prep for in a couple practices. If Navy was a lopsidedly offensive team with real talent on D I'd be more pessimistic.

No, actually I did not...but I knew I would be accused of it and I almost added a note to that effect! I've never edited anything in Wikipedia, since I know all of the information in there is completely trustworthy already. :-)

For a long time I added the phrase, "Fremont has long been known as the Armpit of Nebraska" on the Fremont Wiki page. I'd put it on the page, then someone would come erase it. Then I'd put it back up, and someone would erase it. Over and over, until they banned me from editing that page anymore.

Losers.

Fremont really is the armpit of Nebraska.

For a long time I added the phrase, "Fremont has long been known as the Armpit of Nebraska" on the Fremont Wiki page. I'd put it on the page, then someone would come erase it. Then I'd put it back up, and someone would erase it. Over and over, until they banned me from editing that page anymore.

Losers.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I find it a bit strange that someone would interview for a position that will probably already be filled, but to each his own.

Losers.

haha that is hilarious!

No question Paul Johnson has had his share of success. I'm just not excited about a predominately running game offense. Even the read option. He runs the ball all the time, not just at Navy, but everywhere he is been at.

That means, it would strike me odd to bring in someone who has to change the offense all over again, recruit different style of players. I just dont believe if you hire someone they will change what gave them success their entire career.

If Dr. Tom thinks that's the way to go, then okay I guess.

I like a mobile QB and the way an offense can pass and run. Not a fan of a running QB that occasionally throws the ball. My opinion that is.

Losers.

Nope that would go to Norfolk...smells like cow sh*t all the time Wait maybe they're not the armpit but the "taint" of Nebraska haha

Losers.

Nope that would go to Norfolk...smells like cow sh*t all the time Wait maybe they're not the armpit but the "taint" of Nebraska haha

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Addison.....I truly understand your concern about becoming 3 yard/cloud of dust team..... I just believe that PJ has shown the ability to coach different philosophies to fit the athletes he has....If he comes in, I just see him using our athletes to the best of their ability...meaning I bet you would see a "spread" offense with some read option thrown in to off-set pass rushes and to utilize Ganz-Lee.....

Personally, I really think a team needs to be able to run the ball 60%-40% in order to give themselves a chance to be successful at the National level......I too, at times enjoyed watching the WCO whenever those crossing routes would sprin open, but for the life of me, I would get tired of watching BC throw 8-9 consecutive passes because we could NOT run the ball effectively or the fact that he just didn't want too.

I still think that if he would have run the ball on 2nd - 3 from the CU 27 yard line in the 1st qtr. , in the 1st half, instead of throwing 8 consecutive times, we would have had scored on that drive instead of coming up empty after 4-3 delay of game....incompetion....

If you look at the teams at the top...they run the ball very effectively...... When you can line up- run the ball- the weather doesn't nearly play a factor....and it demoralizes the defense..... Goes back to the philosophy: "When you throw a pass, only 4 things can happen, and 3 (sack, inc., int) are BAD.".....

Whether or not people like it...the option is fun to watch and is very, very difficult to defend.....I am not talking about the NU of "glory days"....although it was tough to stop then....but I am speaking of the spread and read options that WV has taken to the title game, Florida took to the NC last year, and many teams used to gash our D this year.

I am with you all the way about "regressing" backwards, but I really don't have a problem with a run 1st coach....and I think PJ will do both and do them well at NU.

And we all know how accurate wikipedia is. (NOT) It is all speculation right now. Fun speculation, but still.....

Oooo a "NOT" burn! Garth would totally high-five you right now. ;)