If its Bo NU messed up

If it's not Gill TO has his reasons. He's not going to pass up a friend and someone who would excel here just because. I trust TO to make the decision that needs to be made.

Oh no! The posters on here know way more than TO! He is making the wrong choice! TO should be listening to people on a message board to pick the coach. Using his best judgement is not the right thing to do. Afterall , he only won 3 national titles and is only one of the winningest coaches ever. I would much rather he pick the HC based on what some shmoe with 700 posts thinks. :sarcasm

NU is gonna be kicking itself in a few years when Gill is at a major BCS school. I dont get how anyone could think Pelini is the better candidate.

It wouldnt matter if they raised Vince Lombardi from the grave to be our HC. Some of you people will never be happy. Afterall , you guys are much more intellegent about football than Dr. Tom Osborne. :sarcasm

Making plays on an Chalk board is dead, just let it go man, just let it go. :)

NU is gonna be kicking itself in a few years when Gill is at a major BCS school. I dont get how anyone could think Pelini is the better candidate.

pregunta por favor? Are you going to support the new coach if it is Pelini or are you going to be an asswipe like half of the husker fans the last time a head coach was hired? Because a coach might bebetter if he has the fan support behind him. Or are you going to be a little bitch and whine that your precious wasn't hired. FYI, I'm not a Pelini fan either but I'm sick and tired of little stupid sh*ts bitching if they don't get their way. If you are going to bitch and moan go support Iowa St.

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow a guy questions a hire and gets called(indirectly) a "little bitch". Clearly an example of one of the "greatest fans in America" label being lived up to. :bonez

It wouldnt matter if they raised Vince Lombardi from the grave to be our HC. Some of you people will never be happy. Afterall , you guys are much more intellegent about football than Dr. Tom Osborne. :sarcasm

And this is the point. We either trust TO or we don't. You have to trust leadership and if Osborne hasn't earned that from the Husker faithful then I don't know who has. He was the only one in on the interviews so I suspect he knows more about each candidate than ANYONE. And we don't know what will happen. Turner Gill may be brought in as Asst Head Coach. He could make more money in that position at NU than as Buffalo'S HC ($185,000 is what I read). But Gill has more integrity than to make it all about money.

Bottom line is we all applauded the decision to put TO in charge of the is process. Now let's be prepared for what he decides.

I believe along with a couple others in here that Pelini is going to be hired because of the defense. We need somebody who can motivate, somebody with FIRE. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say Gill will be at a bigtime BCS school anytime soon solely based on his performance at Buffalo. Hell the next thing I'm going to hear is Craig Bohl is going to be the next big thing becuase of what he has done at NDSU. Gill is a good guy and has a lot of coaching experience but I don't think he is the right person for NU right now.

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow a guy questions a hire and gets called(indirectly) a "little bitch". Clearly an example of one of the "greatest fans in America" label being lived up to.

Do you have anything else to add to any conversation other than to bag on someone if they don't meet your definition of the "greatest fans in America?"

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow a guy questions a hire and gets called(indirectly) a "little bitch". Clearly an example of one of the "greatest fans in America" label being lived up to.

Do you have anything else to add to any conversation other than to bag on someone if they don't meet your definition of the "greatest fans in America?"

From what I've seen of his posts, he hasn't adding anything to any of the conversations.

I'm not dissing Turner, but I can't see him being the next big thing when Kelly hasn't been hired by a big time school and he has been successful for far longer. I think Turner would be further towards being a HC of a big time program sooner if he were to become a coordinator at a big time program that is successful. I definitely don't think that 2 or 3 years at Buffalo will do it.

I would be very excited to see Turner come back to the Huskers in some capacity.

Whoever the choice ends up being, why don't we actually let them get started and see how they do before the ragging begins. Gill could come in and completely suck...who knows what will happen and how they will be. Let's just be happy a coaching change is being made.

Are we even sure that Bo will be the coach? ESPN has Les Miles going o Michigan based on sources...now he is staying at LSU. I'll admit that I would rather see Gill, but Bo should be a good hire also -- it's just that I am not sure I believe any of these sources at the moment. Until I see the Press Conference...I will still have some doubt.

I believe along with a couple others in here that Pelini is going to be hired because of the defense. We need somebody who can motivate, somebody with FIRE. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say Gill will be at a bigtime BCS school anytime soon solely based on his performance at Buffalo. Hell the next thing I'm going to hear is Craig Bohl is going to be the next big thing becuase of what he has done at NDSU. Gill is a good guy and has a lot of coaching experience but I don't think he is the right person for NU right now.

You are IN trouble on this one. I think Gill stays at Buffalo and gets a BCS team after next year. Bohl could move to a non-BCS team after next year. Its about moving up accordingly to progress where you are at.

Only the lead dog sees the change of scenery first.