Just how good was...

T_O_Bull

:):):hellloooo:hellloooo:):)

Just how good was Tommie Frazier? The week before the '96 National Championship Game Number 15 was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Oh no! The SI Cover Curse, not so fast my friend. Tommie went out and put on a Heisman Trophy winning display of football prowess. Too bad the vote was already in, but still Tommie Frazier was way too good to be cursed by the SI cover or anything else for that matter.

>>>T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:clap:clap:corndance:corndance

Just how good was Tommie Frazier? The week before the '96 National Championship Game Number 15 was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Oh no! The SI Cover Curse, not so fast my friend. Tommie went out and put on a Heisman Trophy winning display of football prowess. Too bad the vote was already in, but still Tommie Frazier was way too good to be cursed by the SI cover or anything else for that matter.

>>>T_O_B

Hands down the greatest option qb to EVER play the game.

An SI writer (Cory McCartney) recently did a column evaluating the last 20 Heisman winners. He wrote who won that year, and who SHOULD have won that year, and his column made me laugh because he said George deserved to win, then went on in his description to say that Frazier ran for 199 yards in a rout of #2 Florida while Eddie George and Ohio State went on to lose to Tennessee in the Citrus Bowl.

An SI writer (Cory McCartney) recently did a column evaluating the last 20 Heisman winners. He wrote who won that year, and who SHOULD have won that year, and his column made me laugh because he said George deserved to win, then went on in his description to say that Frazier ran for 199 yards in a rout of #2 Florida while Eddie George and Ohio State went on to lose to Tennessee in the Citrus Bowl.

In the words of Red Forman, "Dumbass!!!". Not you Papersun the SI writer. I would have loved to see George go up against our D that year. And have Frazier run circles around Ohio St.

>>>T_O_B

Darian Hagan, just look at the clip from the '88 game against you guys, that pitch was sick......

OU might nominate Jamelle Holieway, that guy was a freak as well

How about Air Force's Dee Dowis, set a career rushing record for QB's and then flew A-10's not too shabby if you ask me...

There are some great option QB's that have played, it is too bad that we no longer see as many as we saw in the 80's but all these guys, including Tommy deserve the recognition of not only guys that lead their teams but also endured a lot more phsyical contact then our guys today like Keller, Ganz, and little Hawk. I pine for those days, there is nothing finer then watching the triple option ran to perfection.

>>>T_O_B

Darian Hagan, just look at the clip from the '88 game against you guys, that pitch was sick......

OU might nominate Jamelle Holieway, that guy was a freak as well

How about Air Force's Dee Dowis, set a career rushing record for QB's and then flew A-10's not too shabby if you ask me...

There are some great option QB's that have played, it is too bad that we no longer see as many as we saw in the 80's but all these guys, including Tommy deserve the recognition of not only guys that lead their teams but also endured a lot more phsyical contact then our guys today like Keller, Ganz, and little Hawk. I pine for those days, there is nothing finer then watching the triple option ran to perfection.

And being a Buffs fan you got to witness it once every year when we played ya too! ;) I do agree though, I also loved watching the option.

>>>T_O_B

I'm assuming you meant the 95 NC game? We didn't play in the 96' NC game as Texas ended our hopes for that. Tommie was a great QB for Nebraska. Was he the best option QB ever to play the game? Very debateable at best. Right now, Florida would more than likely tell you that Tebow is the best option QB to ever play the game. It would be hard to debate this against the likes of Tommie Frazier also considering their stats. Frazier never had any season stats that just jumped out and wowed anyone except for in the wins/losses column. He was a gamer, but he was surrounded by outstanding talent.

Truly a great player, and deserving of the 1995 Heisman, but does anyone remember that Frazier threw 5 INTs in 43 attempts in those 3 championship games? Plus another 2 INTs in the post '92 bowl game.

The post 93 Orange Bowl named an MVP for each team, Ward got it for FSU. While it's true Frazier got 3 MVPs, in that game he was just the MVP of Nebraska. He probably outplayed Ward, but Ward did have a few more total yards, and got the W.