So what are your thoughts on Mo's comments

His comments surprised me...we had his back when he was arrested twice and this is how he repays us?

i agree, i guess he wanted it both ways, all his way too.

look, as some have already said, callahan totally mishandled and dragged the attitude and pride of this team down the shitter for 4 long years.

sure we all wanted wins, but hell, what pissed EVERYONE off were the goddamn blowouts! there were way too many games in which we just laid down and flat ass gave up.

i don't know how else any fan or player could see it any other way. what the hell was that all about?? :wtf

i think we all expect a little more than that from this team or any other team, the problem was systemic, just like TO said.

those with low expectations of themselves (Purify and McKeon) tend to see it this way.

Bo will have his work cut out for him, changing the attitudes left behind by Clownahan.

good luck Queen and Mo, the NFL will be a rude awakening for you!

MO has such a great relationship with BC cause after his stupid mistakes he had to kiss BC's a$$ so much to get back on the team... I figured there had to be a reason why he was playing jr college football and no one wanted him.. I agree we had this guys back when he was down and out, so why make stupid comments... IF he makes it to the NFL I cant wait till someone lays his a$$ out!!!

Well, the handwriting was on the wall long ago. Does anyone remember Barrett Ruud's nice comments after his NFL combine? Asked how he shaved over a tenth of a second off his 40, he replied "I worked a lot harder and laid off the booze". I don't think anyone should be surprised by Mo's comments especially after hearing things like this come from one of Nebraska's own. We've been soft for 4 years now. I've been ridiculed for some time comparing Nudeheisel to Clownahan. They both were unsuccessful at the collegiate level because both had extremely soft teams both physically and mentally.

I think you guys are reading too much into his comments. It is crazy, we do expect excellence. Was he frustrated when he said the comments? How was his tone? You can't read too much into a story unless you understand the true context. I am not defending him, but not criticizing either. Good grief. With everything he has been through give the guy a break.

As for the "we backed him when he was arrested". I am paraphrasing. Get a life.

You guys are like friggin sharks. Pounce on everything. Kinda like biting on a play action pass.

I agree that Callahan knows his stuff and is a very good offensive coach, in particular--and is a quality human being. But at NE, you just can't go 5-7 in year 4(or any year, ftm); 6 of those games being ridiculous blowouts. I didn't feel there was ever any real sense of accountabilty among coaches and players for those types of losses. As OZ said, "something was missing".

Maybe he could have made a go of it with a BO P type D coordinator, but the lack of further support in Husker Nation would have made next year, "dicey" at best.

Now there is renewed energy, optimism, and unity in Husker Nation and I think it's a beautiful thing.

Calli will land on his feet. I wish him the best.

Also wish MO was here for another year, but then again, I agree the team attitude is rather soft and so maybe MO and the like won't want to get reemed by BO.

:restore

BO-rn Supremacy!

On Sept. 4, Nebraska head football coach Bill Callahan signed a five-year contract extension with the Cornhuskers, voiding his old deal that ran through 2008 for a new one through 2012.

Apparently he didn’t read the fine print.

Two-and-a-half months later he was fired.

And it wasn’t so much due to the fact that he was a bad coach, according to Nebraska senior wide receiver Maurice Purify at least, but rather, a crazed Husker Nation that finds a 5-7 record unacceptable.

What a horrible misrepresentation of the state. 5-7 is the tip of the iceberg.

I think you guys are reading too much into his comments. It is crazy, we do expect excellence. Was he frustrated when he said the comments? How was his tone? You can't read too much into a story unless you understand the true context. I am not defending him, but not criticizing either. Good grief. With everything he has been through give the guy a break.

As for the "we backed him when he was arrested". I am paraphrasing. Get a life.

You guys are like friggin sharks. Pounce on everything. Kinda like biting on a play action pass.

Well, I feel sold out.

Either the article was meant to be a smear attack, or the reporter just got that impression from Purify and ran with it. What part about "they only care about winning" do you really think is accurate, or even appropriate coming from a (former) representative of the University of Nebraska? That's a very spiteful and ingrateful thing to say. Sticking up for your coach is one thing, but making insulting generalizations about the Nebraska fan base is cheap.

What a terrible article. That was as far from balanced as legitimate journalism can get. She only reported the side of the story that was conveyed to her by a frustrated college senior.

His comments surprised me...we had his back when he was arrested twice and this is how he repays us?

What the hell are you talking about? When I looked on this board during the summer, there were several page threads, with a majority of the posts saying "What an idiot, no room for him here...". Even if WE (whoever that means) DID back him, how the hell is he supposed to know that? Is he expected to check up on his status with the fans via the most accessible husker messageboards? Or is he supposed to listen to the 85,000 on gamedays...

What part about "they only care about winning" do you really think is accurate, or even appropriate coming from a (former) representative of the University of Nebraska?

Um, pretty much all parts of it are accurate. You guys can talk all you want about it being about "the way in which we play", but last year we were very competitive with four top 10 teams, and people were still calling for Callahan's job. No matter how tough your teams are, and how close you get in big games, you aren't going to stay at Nebraska if you don't win, because that is what everyone cares about more than anything else.

It's a shame really.

Um, pretty much all parts of it are accurate. You guys can talk all you want about it being about "the way in which we play", but last year we were very competitive with four top 10 teams, and people were still calling for Callahan's job. No matter how tough your teams are, and how close you get in big games, you aren't going to stay at Nebraska if you don't win, because that is what everyone cares about more than anything else.

It's a shame really.

Exactly.

To some extent, Purify was guilty of hyperbole. Winning isn't the only thing we care about, but it is the most important thing. It's pretty to easy to see where he is coming from with that comment. Didn't anyone listen to Osborne talk about how he was almost fired after his fourth season? That is just what we demand.

Winning isn't everything to Nebraska fans, but it is about 90%. I'm not ashamed of that, and other Nebraska fans shouldn't be either.