311 to do next tunnel walk

KCMOHUSKER

heck, if you guys are throwing out music, just add this to the list...

R0sVcWbqpug

Instead of the wave we will all dance around the stadium like they are at the 1:33 mark. Thats good stuff.

Just once I would like to see something like Bolt Throwers, Devil Driver, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Dismember....Etc......

I would get my season tickets sooner. Somebody wouldn't be coming back. May some kind of contest is in order! Have a drawing and one lucky fan gets to pick the tunnel walk music for one game.

Just once I would like to see something like Bolt Throwers, Devil Driver, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Dismember....Etc......

I enjoy metal and hardcore (particularly Snapcase) from time to time, but do you honestly think that would go over well at all? Good God, I think the stadium would react better if you played Tiny Tim or Raffie when the team was taking the field - Cannibal Corpse would have 99.5% of the stadium throwing up on themselves, and the other .5% thinking "OH MAN, THIS IS AWESOME!!! WOOO!!!"

When choosing music for a stadium, it's always better to side with the 99.5% majority - I say the Huskers should just put on some Merle Haggard so EVERYONE in Nebraska will be happy :lol:

Now, if you want some metal stuff that could POSSIBLY work, you'd be better off looking at In Flames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu3DvBaDAY8

That's a little strange. I just got back from picking up my pizza and I threw In Flames in on the way back.

I understand what your saying about the stadium music. That's why I want them to do it just once. I want my season tickets sooner!

I enjoy metal and hardcore (particularly Snapcase) from time to time, but do you honestly think that would go over well at all? Good God, I think the stadium would react better if you played Tiny Tim or Raffie when the team was taking the field - Cannibal Corpse would have 99.5% of the stadium throwing up on themselves, and the other .5% thinking "OH MAN, THIS IS AWESOME!!! WOOO!!!"

When choosing music for a stadium, it's always better to side with the 99.5% majority - I say the Huskers should just put on some Merle Haggard so EVERYONE in Nebraska will be happy :lol:

While I agree that it wouldn't go over in our stadium well at all, I must say it is quite refreshing to see some Husker fans who have a great appreciation for true metal. Far too many people these days seem to think that "breaking benjamin totally pwns d00dz!!!!111!!" or "slipknot is the heaviest band ever."

Ridiculous.

As far as the tunnel walk goes, I would love to see some metal thrown in there, but its just not realistic. 'Sirius' still gets my blood pumping just as much as any metal song, partly because of the memories I associate it. It's been our tunnel song for years, through thick and thin. We should all think back to the great teams that have walked through our iron gates and touched The Horseshoe to that song. It's great how it is, in my humble opinion.

As far as the Blackshirts highlights during the game go, that's another story. Some crushing riffs and death vo-kills would fit the bill perfectly. I mean, what's more metal than black shirts, brutal hits and skulls? Anyone?

We should get TOOL though. They F#$%in' rock!

I like Tool, but their music doesn't fit in something like the tunnel walk. No way IMO.

I agree. Just because they rock doesn't mean they will get you pumped for husker football.

Nothin wrong with what we had. I liked the mikey bo remix with sirius. Even just sirius is fine. Something simple like that with limited animation, maybe like when they had the animated video flying around the various parts of the state. Trophies and memorable highlights are the only other things needed.

We should get TOOL though. They F#$%in' rock!

I like Tool, but their music doesn't fit in something like the tunnel walk. No way IMO.

I agree. Just because they rock doesn't mean they will get you pumped for husker football.

Nothin wrong with what we had. I liked the mikey bo remix with sirius. Even just sirius is fine. Something simple like that with limited animation, maybe like when they had the animated video flying around the various parts of the state. Trophies and memorable highlights are the only other things needed.

Tool doesn't fit all too well at all. I was just saying they are awesome. Seemed fitting because everyone else is just throwing around band names. Man in the Box from AIC would be a cool song to play during a timeout or something.

Tool doesn't fit all too well at all. I was just saying they are awesome. Seemed fitting because everyone else is just throwing around band names. Man in the Box from AIC would be a cool song to play during a timeout or something.

I've gotta say, the lyrics to Man in the Box fit with the current situation at Nebraska PERFECTLY! :lol:

Most Tool songs wouldn't fit the bill, but they've got a few that would work just fine. Prison Sex would mesh pretty well with a defensive highlight reel, as would most of the tracks off of Opiate.

This should piss off some of the "metal" fans here on the board, but Devildriver, etc, pretty much suck. They try entirely too hard, like so many "metal" bands today trying to sound angrier, etc. There's only about 4 or 5 bands that are worth a damn.

Go with something simple like Pantera's "Walk" or even Black Sabbath's "Iron Man"...

311 is by far the coolest band to ever come from Nebraska! Granted, they are quite different than what people think of when they think Husker football, but they are definitely musically talented enough to make something cool of the tunnel walk. They have far superior talent the Mikey Bo. By the way, that sh**ty tunnel walk he did drained energy from Memorial! I loved the old one and I would be just fine sticking with it!

I totally agree about the effect that Mokey Bo's music had on the stadium. Killed it, and not in a good way. It was quiet, slow, and did not rock.