"We will use Marlon much like Philadelphia uses the Westbrook kid"

Anyone else see him say this on the Big Red Wrap-up show? It only makes sense to use him like this more. It sounds like we will have a lot of 2 back formations with one scat back in and another power back. He even pointed out that you won't see guys like Cody (Glenn) and Q (Castille) in at the same time.

So I imagine we will see Marlon come in and possibly motion out of the backfield and line up as a WR. I see this being highly effective! Also it seems like we will see the option at least a little bit so I was wondering how many of you can see Marlon getting the pitch and just having to make one guy miss and going for huge gains. All Marlon needs is a little space which I see the option giving him a lot of.

Anyone else see him say this on the Big Red Wrap-up show? It only makes sense to use him like this more. It sounds like we will have a lot of 2 back formations with one scat back in and another power back. He even pointed out that you won't see guys like Cody (Glenn) and Q (Castille) in at the same time.

So I imagine we will see Marlon come in and possibly motion out of the backfield and line up as a WR. I see this being highly effective! Also it seems like we will see the option at least a little bit so I was wondering how many of you can see Marlon getting the pitch and just having to make one guy miss and going for huge gains. All Marlon needs is a little space which I see the option giving him a lot of.

I like that we will finally be playing to ML's strengths as well as not telegraphing our plays based on personnel packages. D's will not know if we are going with power or finesse (2 back set). Throw in a bit of play action and we will keep Defenses guessing even more.

I figure it wouldn't hurt either to run the fullback a little to keep the defense honest. USC ran theirs a little, but Callahan never did except a couple of times when he experimented with Glenn and Castille. But then of course the fullbacks were in the game less than half the time. I would think that could help Lucky and the other RBs.

I thought this is what we should have been doing all along... expecially if we weren't going to utilize a true WC FB...

The only thing I wish he didn't say was that Q and Glenn wouldn't be out there together, I'd like to see some plays with Q at FB and Glenn at HB or vice versa in goal line or short yardage situations once in a while for some extra muscle.

Other than that it seems we may actually have a coach that isn't a total idiot when it comes to offensive personnel.