Biggest Rival?

Biggest Rival  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just take a look at the records and see who is actually the biggest rival:

From 1970 Season to Present...and I'm only counting the original Big 8 schools...not those pretenders from down south....

Nebraska

vs Missouri: 31W 7L 0T

vs Kansas: 37W 2L 1T

vs OK State: 30W 3L 0T

vs Colorado: 31W 7L 1T

vs Iowa State: 33W 5L 1T

vs Kansas State: 32W 5L 0T

vs Oklahoma: 15W 18L 0T

Looks like OU is the only school that have consistenly been able to give NU a ballgame and are the natural rivalry. But, since the Big 12 has f*cked all that up, it appears there are no rivalries left...just total domination.

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

Nice bit of research Cy.

Put that in your doggy dish and lap it up, Boxer. 37-7-1 Against CU, more like a Mexican Chihuahua than a Boston Boxer if you ask me. Course you just want to look at the last 8 years, what's up with that?

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

This is actually kind of cool

NU is 3-0 against Creighton (beat them the last time 102-0...no wonder they gave up the sport)

NU once defeated some place called Omaha Balloon back in 1918 (a team full of Manginos I would imagine)

NU is undeated when playing high schools

NU's first win was against Lincoln High School

NU's first loss was against Minnesota

NU's first tie was against Nebraska Alumni

NU's first away game was against KC Medical College

In 10 games in NU's first season they allowed only 20 points - all of them to Minnesota on the last game of the year.

NU once beat Haskell 119-0

NU once went through an entire season without allowing the opponent a single point (going 10-0 in the process)

Lot's of good stuff!!

NU once defeated some place called Omaha Balloon back in 1918 (a team full of Manginos I would imagine)

the US Army had Signal Unit of Fort Crook (it's now the North Omaha Campus for Metro Tech) and i know for a fact that there was a balloon unit posted there around that time; back in ye days of old, colleges, high schools, YMCA organizations would play against each other.

NU's first loss was against Minnesota

and for the longest time minnesota was nebraska's oklahoma, if you can believe that.

OU isn't our rival their Texas' rival. I and just about everyone i know like OU ( that in itself eliminates them as a rival) I hope OU wins every game... except against us ( not something you'd wish for a rival). OU is our "traditional" rival (no one is arguing that) but with the birth of the Big 12 that rivalry died ( I know it's SHOCKING :o ), but you can't keep living in the past.... please move forward. I know some of you like to preserve our traditions, but in the process your preventing our program from developing NEW traditions (like rivalries with sCUm and Mizzou and black jersey's :) )

I know rivalries with sCUm and Mizzou can't compare to OU, but their as close as it can get.

PLEASE "TRADITIONALIST" HUSKER FANS MOVE FORWARD!!

Holy crap is bugeater on vacation or something?..........No comments to this?

well, that story is two minutes of my life i wont get back...thanks for waisting my time. Of course your Hunsker friend dodged it and returned a blow to the head. All Husker fans are Chuck Norris likes. The next time you tell the story are you going to add a heal kick or something cool like that? asshat

Boston, you're on thin ice on this board - you've been warned twice already. A third infraction results in a permanent ban. I won't increase the warning this time, as there was some name-calling directed toward you earlier in the thread - but this is your last warning, period. Another infraction and you're gone.

Follow the rules. If you can't, find another place to post.

From 1970 Season to Present...and I'm only counting the original Big 8 schools...not those pretenders from down south....

Nebraska

Looks like OU is the only school that have consistenly been able to give NU a ballgame and are the natural rivalry. But, since the Big 12 has f*cked all that up, it appears there are no rivalries left...just total domination.

Let's just say I don't go around celebrating for weeks if Nebraska beats Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma, but I do get depressed when those teams other then Oklahoma beat Nebraska. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 70's and 80's where you could listen to the games on the radio go away and comeback to hear how many points Nebraska put up to beat those teams. For the people who think it's Colorado, then explain how Nebraska fired a coach right after his team beat them.

Nebraska

Let's just say I don't go around celebrating for weeks if Nebraska beats Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma, but I do get depressed when those teams other then Oklahoma beat Nebraska. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 70's and 80's where you could listen to the games on the radio go away and comeback to hear how many points Nebraska put up to beat those teams. For the people who think it's Colorado, then explain how Nebraska fired a coach right after his team beat them.

Avenging the sodomy that took place 12 months before. :lol:

Unless something changes, and we can play Oklahoma every year, then they are out of the picture as a rivalry, unless you want to count them as a rivalry part time....which kind of defeats the purpose.

I wish we could play them every year....used to live for the one game every year, heck, it was bigger than the bowl game some years.

If I can't have OU as our rival, and since I don't want the wanna be hippie sCrUb's be our "rival", here's my choices...

Middle Tennessee State

East Carolina

or

Utah state

heck, why don't we just show up at Chadron State College and make them our in-state rival?

If I can't have OU as our rival, and since I don't want the wanna be hippie sCrUb's be our "rival", here's my choices...

Middle Tennessee State

East Carolina

or

Utah state

heck, why don't we just show up at Chadron State College and make them our in-state rival?

Or maybe just make the last team that beat Nebraska as their Rival. Why does Nebraska need a rival anyway?

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

Not sure that the rivalry thing needs to be a two way street. CU may look at us as their big rivalry game even if we don't. Kansas and Missouri may look at us as a rivalry game. Notre Dame is lucky in this way in that they are not restricted in scheduling by belonging to a conference. I'm sure they look at USC and BC as two rivalry games. At this point in time we, as Nebraska Fans, may not recognize anyone as a true rival. It can, and probably will, change in the future. CU probably has the inside track at this point in time but I think the games need to have some meaning. I could see a 4 way rivalry building over the course of the next 20 years with Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas being dominant in the North and South and then doing battle in the Conference Championship game. I hope it happens, I hope I'm around to see it.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

The same year our fans threw WATER bottles (not whiskey bottles, dude) your fans threw water bottles all over the field when you were losing to Oklahoma. And unless you missed it, we beat you 65-51 this year, and the series is tied 4-4 this decade, so unless your definition of "year in, year out" is "except for this decade," you're a little off. Of course, you used to beat the crap out of is year in year out, but that is the past. As in, the past you keep living in.

Congatulations! You guys beat the worst husker team to come through Lincoln in over 60 years!! That being said, Colorado is still sh#t!! As i said earlier, your proudest moments in football history are No.1- beating undefeated NEBRASKA in 2001 at folsom and No.2- winning a tainted national championship on FIVE downs! That to me sounds like tradition. no matter how much you dont want to think about it we will always be the measuring stick, and you guys will all come up short! Maybe we could take a page out of your recruiting tactics and try and salvage our class by offering them women to rape??? This aint intramurals brutha!!

If we beat you, we didn't come up short. The series is dead even this decade, so, again, if you're talking about the present and not the increasingly distant past, if we're sh#t, so are you. And considering that we played a boatload of freshmen and you guys we supposed to have "restored the order", I'm feeling pretty good about where CU is at. And really, our biggest win this year was against Oklahoma, and anytime you beat third-ranked Oklahoma starting two freshmen on the offensive line and another at qb, that's a good year.

And as for tainted national championships, are your national titles in 71-72 tainted by Johnny Rodgers holding up a gas station and Bob Devaney getting him out of jail? Are your titles in 94-95 tainted by Lawrence Phillips beating the crap out of his girlfriend in front of witnesses and only getting suspended from the spring game, or Christian Peter raping Miss Nebraska? Are you sure you want to go there? CU football isn't the only program that hasn't always been as clean as it should, to say the least. But please, be my guest, keep living in the past and imagining that any program that is passing you by must be cheating, or that its still 1983 and Turner Gill is pitching to Mike Rozier. I'm sure that will fix your program. Keep it up and we will have to start considering Kansas our big rival, and silly threads like this one will be superfluous.

PLEASE!!! dont replace us with kansas we really need you guys to put our program on the map!!lol. 4-4 in the decade huh? congrats now you only have like 30 sum more wins and you guys will be close so if by some miracle that nebraska doesnt win a single game against sCUm in the next 30 years you guys will be nipping at our heels, so i think if i were you i would just stick to sCUm's skiing program. You know, up in the mountains....kinda romantic.....i'm sure you and your boyfriend would enjoy something like that....hell maybe even invite ralphie over and you guys could have a good ol fashion sCUm SAUSAGE FEST!!!

THIS AINT INTRAMURALS, BRUTHA!!!

well, that story is two minutes of my life i wont get back...thanks for waisting my time. Of course your Hunsker friend dodged it and returned a blow to the head. All Husker fans are Chuck Norris likes. The next time you tell the story are you going to add a heal kick or something cool like that? asshat

Boston, you're on thin ice on this board - you've been warned twice already. A third infraction results in a permanent ban. I won't increase the warning this time, as there was some name-calling directed toward you earlier in the thread - but this is your last warning, period. Another infraction and you're gone.

so, i cant say ass hat but others can post a picture of a smilie wearing an ass for a hat. Hypocritical board if you ask me. You should just re name the forum Husker circle jerk.

so, i cant say ass hat but others can post a picture of a smilie wearing an ass for a hat. Hypocritical board if you ask me. You should just re name the forum Husker circle jerk.

I think you probably are going to get your wish to be banned...................... <_<