Watson staying put!

i just don't see it.

seriously... now that billy c. is gone, watson is the undesputed master of the offense. sure, bo is HC but his thing right now is defense. for this year at least, bo is really going to rely on his offensive coordinator.

so, after he's retained by bo (on osborne's advice, i would suspect) he's going to dump *everything* and work for a tool like saban who is suspect is *more* of a micromanager than callahan?

i'm not saying it's impossible, i'm just saying it's improbable.

:yeah

What ever he is doing, be needs to come public about it and shut down the rumors. Then if he is going to stay here, be needs to make a commitment to Nebraska and keep his name out of the rumors at other schools. Either your a Husker, or your not....which is it Shawn? Uh? Speak up boy! :bang

I could care less. His offenses have been mediocre, and anybody with a West Coast Offense background is better off gone. Bring in someone who wants to play college football in the current century.

and how do you back this up?

The fact that we scored 33.4 points per game last season? (28th Nationally)

The fact that we averaged 468.3 yards per game last season? (11th Nationally)

but you're right.. thats pretty mediocre.. i mean, and team with those stats and a defense wouldn't do great...

watson hasn't done poor at all as OC.

maybe if our defense didn't give up 37.9 points per game or 476.8 yards per game we would of won more than 5....

Let's not point out that the k-state, Colorado games helped along with the crap points they put up on USC helped keep this offensive stats higher they they actually were. Some jaded person could point out the high scoring offense did little against Okie St in the first half and Missouri game of only scoring 6 points. If you're going to bring up stats lets see what the 3rd down completion % along with red zone percentage. You can make believe that the defense was the reason this team lost all those games, but the offense contributed their share of folly.

I could care less. His offenses have been mediocre, and anybody with a West Coast Offense background is better off gone. Bring in someone who wants to play college football in the current century.

Mediocre??

Bowl Subdivision (FBS) National Team Report

Total Offense

Year: 2007 Thru: 01/07/08 Minimum Pct. of Games Played

Rank Name Games Plays Yds Avg TDs Ydspgm Wins Losses Ties

1 Tulsa 14 1126 7615 6.76 79 543.93 10 4 0

2 Texas Tech 13 1009 6885 6.82 70 529.62 9 4 0

3 Hawaii 13 942 6657 7.07 76 512.08 12 1 0

4 Houston 13 1036 6525 6.30 59 501.92 8 5 0

5 Missouri 14 1112 6864 6.17 70 490.29 12 2 0

6 Louisville 12 909 5856 6.44 55 488.00 6 6 0

7 Oklahoma St. 13 978 6322 6.46 60 486.31 7 6 0

8 Kansas 13 988 6237 6.31 72 479.77 12 1 0

9 Nebraska 12 898 5619 6.26 53 468.25 5 7 0

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ff&site=org

If Watson leaves, you can say goodbye to this knd of mediocrity!!

It would be a BAD thing. The huskers have spent FOUR YEARS learning this offense.

OPEN THE WALLET AND KEEP HIM AT NU!!

Should Watson leave, and I hope he doesn't, one guy to look at would be Gus Malzahn from Tulsa. If anyone watched Tulsa play this year, they had one of the most explosive and exciting offenses in the country and they installed it in one year using an experienced senior quarterback which we already have in Joe Ganz.

Just to add a little stat, Tulsa became the first team in NCAA history to have a 5,000 yard passer, a 1,000 yard rusher, and 3 1,000 yard receivers this year.

Should Watson leave, and I hope he doesn't, one guy to look at would be Gus Malzahn from Tulsa. If anyone watched Tulsa play this year, they had one of the most explosive and exciting offenses in the country and they installed it in one year using an experienced senior quarterback which we already have in Joe Ganz.

Just to add a little stat, Tulsa became the first team in NCAA history to have a 5,000 yard passer, a 1,000 yard rusher, and 3 1,000 yard receivers this year.

...but can they beat New England? :sarcasm

Watson to interview at Alabama?

Shawn Watson has been approached by Nick Saban for Alabama's vacant offensive coordinator position and might interview as soon as this week, The Birmingham (Ala.) News reported in Monday's editions.

The Tide's offensive coordinator position became available Wednesday when Major Applewhite left to become the University of Texas running backs coach.

As of Sunday night, Watson hadn't informed Bo Pelini of any contact between Watson and Alabama or of a possible interview, Pelini said. Pelini said he spoke with Watson on Sunday about other matters.

and now, a graphic representation of the huskers' offensive hopes for 2k8 if this is true.

burn.jpg

Watson to interview at Alabama?

Shawn Watson has been approached by Nick Saban for Alabama's vacant offensive coordinator position and might interview as soon as this week, The Birmingham (Ala.) News reported in Monday's editions.

The Tide's offensive coordinator position became available Wednesday when Major Applewhite left to become the University of Texas running backs coach.

As of Sunday night, Watson hadn't informed Bo Pelini of any contact between Watson and Alabama or of a possible interview, Pelini said. Pelini said he spoke with Watson on Sunday about other matters.

and now, a graphic representation of the huskers' offensive hopes for 2k8 if this is true.

burn.jpg

:yeah isn't that the truth....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Watson really didn't have much control of the offense until the last few games of the year. I think it started against Kansas, where he was brought down onto the field to call the plays. I think the last few games showed more creativity from Watson than Callahand showed in 4 years. I was really looking forward to how Watson would run the offense. I truly believe he won't bolt, not this late, not with the responsibility he has been given. If he does, Norvell is out there, I'd feel better about him running our offense than Cotton.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Watson really didn't have much control of the offense until the last few games of the year. I think it started against Kansas, where he was brought down onto the field to call the plays. I think the last few games showed more creativity from Watson than Callahand showed in 4 years. I was really looking forward to how Watson would run the offense. I truly believe he won't bolt, not this late, not with the responsibility he has been given. If he does, Norvell is out there, I'd feel better about him running our offense than Cotton.

Well he has said he going back up in the booth next year. Lets not forget that K-State team quit in that game and Colorado was pretty bad on defense at the end of the year. Which shows why Alabama scored that many points on them in the first half of their bowl game.

I heard T.O. might be willing to fill in and help as OC if he's needed.

:laughpound

I heard T.O. might be willing to fill in and help as OC if he's needed.

:laughpound

... saaaay... hasn't TO mentioned that he's been studying-up on that new fangled 'spread option' thing?

man, wouldn't that be a trip... a three-time national champion HC as the offensive coordinator? talk about back to the future...