Watson staying put!

There are rumors floating around that he will interview for the Offensive Coordinator job at Alabama next week

I really hope this isnt true

Well if you saw the video of the halftime game when they announced the coaches, he was the only one not wearing Husker gear. I know we speculated about this with Crapahan. It could be someone making up rumors to screw up the recruiting........oh well we can get Turner Gill no biggie.

Scott

Oh lord....here we go watching what everyone is wearing all the time....again.

I noticed BO always seems to be wearing black instead of red, does this mean the rumors of Huskers wearing black uniforms might be true? :lol:

Why would they bring in Gill for OC?

I will sit back and see what happens and not make a judgement yet. I hope Watson denies this or says he staying at Nebraska. If he does jump ship, I would be very disappointed in him. This is something you wouldn't think he would do to NU when signing day is getting closer and Bo just announced his staff.

Well if you saw the video of the halftime game when they announced the coaches, he was the only one not wearing Husker gear. I know we speculated about this with Crapahan. It could be someone making up rumors to screw up the recruiting........oh well we can get Turner Gill no biggie.

Scott

I noticed the same thing, man. It's not like I'm looking to "judge" our coaches on what they are wearing...sometimes one doesn't even have to "look." Such is the case with Watson at NU/KU halftime.

I did think it was a little odd.

Gill just got an extension. He's not coming here anytime soon.

the *only* way turner would come back would be i a] coach osborne made personal appeal to turner and b] UNL would play all the costs for bringing him back. tho i think turner returning any time soon would be improbable, but not impossible.

just as i think that it is unlikely watson will for 'bama. i just don't think he'd fit in down there.

link

I could care less. His offenses have been mediocre, and anybody with a West Coast Offense background is better off gone. Bring in someone who wants to play college football in the current century.

and how do you back this up?

The fact that we scored 33.4 points per game last season? (28th Nationally)

The fact that we averaged 468.3 yards per game last season? (11th Nationally)

but you're right.. thats pretty mediocre.. i mean, and team with those stats and a defense wouldn't do great...

watson hasn't done poor at all as OC.

maybe if our defense didn't give up 37.9 points per game or 476.8 yards per game we would of won more than 5....

even with this as a rumor it can damage our recruiting even further if possible. i hope that even with more $ watson would say no to stick with his team and he already has his o in place and would not have to start from scratch with 'bama. if he stays i cant wait for him to actually call his own plays not just call a few scripted plays in a couple games.

i just don't see it.

seriously... now that billy c. is gone, watson is the undesputed master of the offense. sure, bo is HC but his thing right now is defense. for this year at least, bo is really going to rely on his offensive coordinator.

so, after he's retained by bo (on osborne's advice, i would suspect) he's going to dump *everything* and work for a tool like saban who is suspect is *more* of a micromanager than callahan?

i'm not saying it's impossible, i'm just saying it's improbable.