Congrats to Huskerboards Own

David, I remember when your Dad walked on. Everyone thought he was crazy and he proved them wrong.

Ended up being a co-captain and still holds the NU record for most tackles in a game (31 for those of you who don't know). Unrelenting pursuit to the ball. (still in the top 10 for most career tackles too)

Your uncle Jim was no slouch either.

both your Dad and your Uncle made me the Husker fan I am (I'm related by the way). They used to take me to games, down to the locker room, etc. Unbelievable experience.

I know as a Pillen, you have the work ethic, desire and genes to be successful. Live the dream and good luck.

Work hard and I look forward to watching you on Saturdays.

Ended up being a co-captain and still holds the NU record for most tackles in a game (31 for those of you who don't know).

I have the radio call of this game...1976 Oklahoma State, right?

My dad was a native of Monroe, NE...so we were always fans of the Pillens.

I'd call Clete Pillen, the "Randy Gradishar" of Nebraska.

The guy seemed to make EVERY tackle!

Aw man, I missed the circle jerk for the future Husker. j/k

Congrats, David!

Make us all proud by continuing the proud Husker tradition of walk-ons. Just because guys may have came in with more recruiting attention to you, don't let that detour your goal. Make them earn that spot every single day, man!

Thanks guys. Today has truly been an amazing day as well as a dream come true.

Fantastic, my Man....I am sure that I speak for all of us on this board when I say that we are really proud to have you as a member. Don't forget us here, we will all be rooting not only for the Huskers, but for one of our own. Good job!! And I hope the experience is everything that you have ever dreamed it would be.

Godspeed.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:yeah

GBR!!!