RB Dalton Hilliard

Player: Dalton Hilliard

Hometown: Honolulu, HI

Position: RB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 183 lbs.

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Colorado, Notre Dame, Stanford, UNLV, Utah

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Teammate of five-star recruit Manti Te'o.

DALTONHILLIARD2_13200A.JPG

• 1 month later...

Noticed the Scouts Inc. wrap-up of the Cal-Berkeley Regional Elite 11/Nike camp mentioned Hilliard:

Top Performer NFTC: Dalton Hilliard (6-0, 190), Running Back

It's very rare for Hawaii to boast two top-tier football prospects in a given year -- even more exceptional when they play on the same team. While Hilliard may not be in the same elite category as his Under Armour All-American teammate Manti Te'o, head coach Kale Ane certainly has a special player on offense worthy of his ESPN 150 Watch List label.

Hilliard performed well, and his stock went up in our eyes due to the well-rounded skills we saw in person. He showed Saturday he was more of complete runner than we saw on film, capable of carrying the load at the next level and being an every-down back. His thickness and overall compact body structure was impressive, and he demonstrated the strength and toughness to pick up the blitz and absorb the big blow. Hilliard's hands out of the backfield were also impressive.

Overall, his decisiveness as a runner and good burst out of his cuts should allow him to be an effective in-line college back, a facet we questioned on film.

From the picture with the article he certainly looks the part.

I'm liking the targetting of the islands

get him!

"son, how would you like move some place where it snows, in winter 20 degrees with a wind chill of 5 is considered a warm day and cow tipping is the state's number two pass time?"

(recruit's eyes go wide) "you mean such a paradise exists? for i am sick of all these beaches, beautiful tanned women in their bikinis, 80 degree weather and blue sky from here to the horizon!"

"commit to nebraska and you'll find out!"

"deal! where do i sign!?!"

Believe it or not, I had a lot of players from Florida and Hawaii on my college team and I always asked them the same question (Why Nebraska?) the number one answer I heard from them is that they can see all the stars in the sky at night and the fresh Nebraska air. Not what I expected to hear....

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Rivals either. I know he has visited and talks very highly of them.

Kind of forgot about this guy, but Rivals (via Recruiting Planet) says he is still interested in Nebraska and still doesn't have a scholarship from UCLA. Kind of sounds like he's holding out for one from UCLA or Cal. Washington is added to the top 5 previously mentioned: UCLA (no offer), Cal (no offer), Nebraska, Stanford, Colorado, and Washington.

Apparently also a prospect as a DB. Not sure which schools are recruiting him for that or RB.

Rivals either. I know he has visited and talks very highly of them.

Kind of forgot about this guy, but Rivals (via Recruiting Planet) says he is still interested in Nebraska and still doesn't have a scholarship from UCLA. Kind of sounds like he's holding out for one from UCLA or Cal. Washington is added to the top 5 previously mentioned: UCLA (no offer), Cal (no offer), Nebraska, Stanford, Colorado, and Washington.

Apparently also a prospect as a DB. Not sure which schools are recruiting him for that or RB.

lots of competition in California for this kid .......