SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

wes welker? maybe?

You gotta admit, it is funny every time a white kid is compared to another white kid. :)

Haha, I think it's hilarious too. Even ESPN media personalities do it. It's exactly like how people are comparing Marlowe to Tim Dwight.

I agree with the assessment of Burkhead - I feel like he is the type of guy that would trade a touchdown reception for a de-cleating hit on a receiver over the middle any day of the week. Hopefully he ends up on defense.

Yeah it is funny....but would you rather someone compare Tim Marlowe to Devin Hester? :dunno

If he deserved that comparison, then yes, why not?

Yeah I agree if he deserved it....but as for physical attributes, I can see maybe why he could be Tim Dwight-like being that he didnt look to "shifty" on film and then someone else saying his speed is "unmatched" at practice. Not to mention he isn't the biggest person either. It had nothing to do with them both being the same race......I hope later on I can compare him to Devin Hester.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I agree if he deserved it....but as for physical attributes, I can see maybe why he could be Tim Dwight-like being that he didnt look to "shifty" on film and then someone else saying his speed is "unmatched" at practice. Not to mention he isn't the biggest person either. It had nothing to do with them both being the same race......I hope later on I can compare him to Devin Hester.

I can see where you are coming from, but any comparison for Tim Marlowe would be difficult. Kid would be lucky to be 160lbs and he is more quick than fast. Tim Dwight would even be a tough comparison for that kid.

However, the main point is that too often we are quick to compare races more than we are players. If a white kid can run, get into space and put a move on someone, then why can he not be compared to someone of a different race? Why does he automatically become a Wes Welker?

It's more funny than offensive, because I know that nothing is meant by it. It's just weird how people are so quick to do it.

For those interested, I am going to watch Rex play this Friday vs. Irving MacArthur High School.

His high school, Plano Senior High, comes into the season state ranked at #2 in class 5A (Texas' largest classification).

I'll come back with a report for yall if you're interested. :bonez

I would enjoy reading about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully Rex and his mother made it out of the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport this morning. This boy is a STUD, Wes Welker/Tim Dwight hybrid. I'd give my left nut for this kid to play in scarlet and cream

A little taller than Welker, but if he plays anything like Welker he'd be a nice addition. Anyone know if he made into Lincoln?