SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

correct me if Im wrong but he is now the highest rated player of our class according to Rivals...?

As far as I can see hes the only one in the nation top 250

Ya, I believe hes the only one in the 250 right now.

I've heard when they redo it again in January you can expect Cody in the 250 also

correct me if Im wrong but he is now the highest rated player of our class according to Rivals...?

As far as I can see hes the only one in the nation top 250

Ya, I believe hes the only one in the 250 right now.

I've heard when they redo it again in January you can expect Cody in the 250 also

:yeah

Is this official ? If so, this would be awesome..... Is McBurse out then, or are we after both? A lot of people wanted Rex more than any other recruit besides Green......

Yes. And yes.

N

Willie, what kind of player are we getting in Burkhead? Is he light years better than Al-Terek? Is it a loss not to be getting both?

A hard nosed SOB. Rex is playing against the best competition weekly in Texas and put up some of the best all-around numbers of anyone. Rex can do it all. He could be in the backfield taking the handoff one play, lined up wide the next. His ability to play multiple positions will come in handy, especially when he can go in motion so much to get mismatches. Put him in the backfield, motion him out wide and let a LB try to keep up with him.

Kid is a leader. Not as much vocal as he is just leading by example. Team is in the dumps? Hand it to Rex. Let him smoke someone or churn out a hard earned 5-6 yards to give you a little spark.

I said it a couple months ago, Rex will be Pelini's wet dream of what a player should be.

He's a good one. A damm good one.

Compared to Al-Terek, it is tough. Reason being Al-Terek's competition isn't that good, so how much value do you put in what he did? He killed his competition, but so did Rex.

I really think it just came down to intangibles. That and Rex gives you a little more than Al-Terek in the fact you know exactly what you will be getting.

I think Al-Terek will be a good player as well, but give me a few more Rex Burkhead's and I will have a damm good squad full of quality players and just flat leaders.

Just watched a few more youtubes of him. Looks awesome vs talented competition. This has been a very good week or two for recruiting. Now, hurry up signing day and get here with these guys still in.......

Good job Bo and Company....

Welcome aboard Rex.

Is this official ? If so, this would be awesome..... Is McBurse out then, or are we after both? A lot of people wanted Rex more than any other recruit besides Green......

Yes. And yes.

N

Willie, what kind of player are we getting in Burkhead? Is he light years better than Al-Terek? Is it a loss not to be getting both?

A hard nosed SOB. Rex is playing against the best competition weekly in Texas and put up some of the best all-around numbers of anyone. Rex can do it all. He could be in the backfield taking the handoff one play, lined up wide the next. His ability to play multiple positions will come in handy, especially when he can go in motion so much to get mismatches. Put him in the backfield, motion him out wide and let a LB try to keep up with him.

Kid is a leader. Not as much vocal as he is just leading by example. Team is in the dumps? Hand it to Rex. Let him smoke someone or churn out a hard earned 5-6 yards to give you a little spark.

I said it a couple months ago, Rex will be Pelini's wet dream of what a player should be.

He's a good one. A damm good one.

Compared to Al-Terek, it is tough. Reason being Al-Terek's competition isn't that good, so how much value do you put in what he did? He killed his competition, but so did Rex.

I really think it just came down to intangibles. That and Rex gives you a little more than Al-Terek in the fact you know exactly what you will be getting.

I think Al-Terek will be a good player as well, but give me a few more Rex Burkhead's and I will have a damm good squad full of quality players and just flat leaders.

The primary advantage of Burkhead is that he can play safety, OLB or RB. It seems clear that he'll get his shot at whatever position he thinks he likes best --- but the versatility he has is outstanding. Based upon that versatility, he might not even compete with McBurse were he to come. Should not necessarily be one or the other.

From what I gathered from a very, very reliable poster on HI, if McBurse still wants to come to NU and announces on Wednesday there is a spot for him. Take it for what it's worth. There's still a very real possibility that D. Robinson doesn't qualify.

Burkhead could play multiple positions at NU on the offensive side of the ball. If need be he could be an excellent slot receiver finally breaking the mold that the NU staff is infatuated with the tall/big possession receiver.