SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

From what I gathered from a very, very reliable poster on HI, if McBurse still wants to come to NU and announces on Wednesday there is a spot for him. Take it for what it's worth. There's still a very real possibility that D. Robinson doesn't qualify.

Burkhead could play multiple positions at NU on the offensive side of the ball. If need be he could be an excellent slot receiver finally breaking the mold that the NU staff is infatuated with the tall/big possession receiver.

I hope your right. The more weapons the better.

The primary advantage of Burkhead is that he can play safety, OLB or RB. It seems clear that he'll get his shot at whatever position he thinks he likes best --- but the versatility he has is outstanding. Based upon that versatility, he might not even compete with McBurse were he to come. Should not necessarily be one or the other.

Burkhead is gonna be on offense. No defense in store for that kid.

And we are done at RB. The only way we would not be is if some freaky garbage happened like Tray waking up with a USC offer and decides he wants to play there instead.

The primary advantage of Burkhead is that he can play safety, OLB or RB. It seems clear that he'll get his shot at whatever position he thinks he likes best --- but the versatility he has is outstanding. Based upon that versatility, he might not even compete with McBurse were he to come. Should not necessarily be one or the other.

And we are done at RB. The only way we would not be is if some freaky garbage happened like Tray waking up with a USC offer and decides he wants to play there instead.

Yea, I think your right. Sorry, I got the cousins things messed up. Robinson's cousin is good as gone/gradewise, E. Norman, the LB at Euless Trinity. I guess there's no way in heck he has a chance at qualifying. That's the scoop anyways.

So looks like maybe another LB target and still left are the BIG TIME MONEY positions in college football, the D-LINE prospects. Everyone has to cross their fingers on Heimuli. And hopefully we can get Ankrah(doubtful-imo) or B. Logan from Louisiana.

Yea, I think your right. Sorry, I got the cousins things messed up. Robinson's cousin is good as gone/gradewise, E. Norman, the LB at Euless Trinity. I guess there's no way in heck he has a chance at qualifying. That's the scoop anyways.

So looks like maybe another LB target and still left are the BIG TIME MONEY positions in college football, the D-LINE prospects. Everyone has to cross their fingers on Heimuli. And hopefully we can get Ankrah(doubtful-imo) or B. Logan from Louisiana.

We have a GREAT shot at Ankrah. Getting him qualified is a whole other beast though.

Well, Purdue fans may be celebrating this tonight. It was reportedly between us and them for McBurse.

I've never been considered a talent evaluator, but if we could only take one of the guys?: Based on the ten minutes of youtube I just watched, I'd say with total confidence that we got the best player. Seems to be more than a step quicker, better lateral movement and is clearly playing against better competition. Not to mention the intangible things I have read.

If the coaches still want and have a shot at McBurse after this, I'll root for him :)

Well, Purdue fans may be celebrating this tonight. It was reportedly between us and them for McBurse.

I've never been considered a talent evaluator, but if we could only take one of the guys?: Based on the ten minutes of youtube I just watched, I'd say with total confidence that we got the best player. Seems to be more than a step quicker, better lateral movement and is clearly playing against better competition. Not to mention the intangible things I have read.

If the coaches still want and have a shot at McBurse after this, I'll root for him :)

Too me it was kind of a flip of the coin, but having said that the last long strider RB I've seen in this conference having any success was Bobby Purify at Colorado. There's a reason why you don't see many long striders at the RB position in the NCAA/Pro Ball because they're moved to WR or secondary.

And again I'll call it, and probably get bashed for it, Burkhead being a white RB. Let me know who the last good one was, E. Crouch?? Hopefully the staff red shirts Burkhead and doesn't throw him to the wolves like McGuffie was treated at Michigan=3 Concussions and fractured his ego. Burkhead will need the red shirt to get stronger and acclimated to the speed of college ball.

Too me it was kind of a flip of the coin, but having said that the last long strider RB I've seen in this conference having any success was Bobby Purify at Colorado. There's a reason why you don't see many long striders at the RB position in the NCAA/Pro Ball because they're moved to WR or secondary.

And again I'll call it, and probably get bashed for it, Burkhead being a white RB. Let me know who the last good one was, E. Crouch?? Hopefully the staff red shirts Burkhead and doesn't throw him to the wolves like McGuffie was treated at Michigan=3 Concussions and fractured his ego. Burkhead will need the red shirt to get stronger and acclimated to the speed of college ball.

Burkhead can physically play next year. Besides Kinnie and Gomes, he is by far the most likely to play next year.