SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

Here is a link to a video profile The Dallas Morning News did on Rex Burkhead about a month ago.

Enjoyed this two minute video ... and it speaks "loudly" about the kind of player we have in Rex and his family. Reminded me of myself growing up, except I didn't have his talent, but my room looked alot like his.

This is the kind of "intangible" that you can't put in "stars". The guys mentality reminds me of Wes Welker ... now with the Patriots ... he knows how to score and will do anything for the team.

I'm excited to have Rex on our team.

SheepdogMark

The guys mentality reminds me of Wes Welker ... now with the Dolphins ... he knows how to score and will do anything for the team.

Uhh, dude, Wes Welker has played for the Patriots for two seasons now...

Man, you are fast, I just posted that and caught it, and before I made the change you had made this post.

Wow, we need to get you a job DeathCultAmraggedon ... glad you are N and not an OU or Horn fan.

SheepdogMark

Burkhead commitment: Hey Rex, what took you so long?

It's fitting that Plano RB Rex Burkhead waited until it got snowy and icy to announce his commitment, and not just because the weather is like this all the time up at his future destination, Nebraska.

Rex took so long to commit, and publicly said he was considering a dozen or more schools, that it seemed like you-know-what would freeze over before he made his announcement.

So Rex, what took so long?

"I just wanted to make sure," he told me on his way to basketball practice.

It turns out Nebraska was the frontrunner all along but Burkhead, unlike some recruits on their first visit to a faraway place, didn't want to make a knee-jerk decision. He even visited Nebraska three times to be sure it was the place for him.

And yes, Nebraska plans to play him at running back, although Burkhead could contribute just about anywhere but the trenches.

"I took some visits to other schools after I took that first visit to Nebraska," Burkhead said. "I'm going to be there the next four years of my life so I wanted the decision to be the right one."

Burkhead said Nebraska running backs coach Tim Beck was at his school yesterday, then Huskers defensive ends coach John Papuchis visited his home last night. After Papuchis left, Burkhead called head coach Bo Pelini and gave him the good news.

"He was excited," Burkhead said. "It was kind of cool. He was kind of surprised at the time."

Pelini told Burkhead he had been having a bad day until Rex's call, mainly because he was sick. Guess that's the new cure for the common cold: Have a star recruit commit to you.

dallasnews.com

Burkhead commitment: Hey Rex, what took you so long?

It's fitting that Plano RB Rex Burkhead waited until it got snowy and icy to announce his commitment, and not just because the weather is like this all the time up at his future destination, Nebraska.

Rex took so long to commit, and publicly said he was considering a dozen or more schools, that it seemed like you-know-what would freeze over before he made his announcement.

So Rex, what took so long?

"I just wanted to make sure," he told me on his way to basketball practice.

Pelini told Burkhead he had been having a bad day until Rex's call, mainly because he was sick. Guess that's the new cure for the common cold: Have a star recruit commit to you.

dallasnews.com

just goes to show football can cure even the most common ailments

I am sooo happy about this committment. And I can't say it enough times.

Not only because he will help us out big time. Also becuase with his attitude and work ethic, he will really benefit from being at NU as well as develope into a good leader later in his career. He will love playing for the Big Red. NU is all about the same things he is. It sounds like he has the "walk-on attitude" and that is hard to find in a scholy athlete.

Good Choice Rex! WELCOME to NU!

Is this official ? If so, this would be awesome..... Is McBurse out then, or are we after both? A lot of people wanted Rex more than any other recruit besides Green......

Yes. And yes.

N

Willie, what kind of player are we getting in Burkhead? Is he light years better than Al-Terek? Is it a loss not to be getting both?

Kid is a leader. Not as much vocal as he is just leading by example. Team is in the dumps? Hand it to Rex. Let him smoke someone or churn out a hard earned 5-6 yards to give you a little spark.

I said it a couple months ago, Rex will be Pelini's wet dream of what a player should be.

, but give me a few more Rex Burkhead's and I will have a damm good squad full of quality players and just flat leaders.

:yeah

WELCOME TO BIG RED NATION REX!

We have 9 guys from TX, 4 from CA, 1 FL, 2 NE. Have moved up to #s 20/25(scout/rivals) rated class in the country.

About 3/4 of the class has under 4.6 40 time. The other 1/4 are linemen.

Seems like we could use another WR or so, only have Kinnie so far.....

They were talking about Burkhead on 1620 and mentioned that his play has garnered cult worship status from many younger players in the Dallas area and he is referred to as SUPERMAN. There is the possibility this could pull in future commits in next years class. That would be a nice pipeline to have going. A special thanks goes to Tim Beck also.

They were talking about Burkhead on 1620 and mentioned that his play has garnered cult worship status from many younger players in the Dallas area and he is referred to as SUPERMAN. There is the possibility this could pull in future commits in next years class. That would be a nice pipeline to have going. A special thanks goes to Tim Beck also.

I agree the future recruiting just by getting this guy here is going to be a big help with Texas kids same with Williams. The more texas kids we have on the team the better the pipline will be. There where other backs that I saw that looked more talented then this kid but from what has been said about his work ethics and Beck teaching him he should turn out to one hell of a back for us. I think more then anything that this staff can coach and mold the kids into better players then they ever thought they could be if they are willing to work hard stay out of trouble you will see some great football over the next couple of years.