is Husker Trev Alberts Right About Kansas being for Real? Can they contend with Nebraska?

KU vs. NU in the next 5 years...  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mangino definitely changed the attitude at KU. I just wonder if they can keep it up. Getting a tougher non-conference schedule will help me give them more respect. Also, Mangino needs to get a little healthier and lose some weight. When I see him freaking out on the sidelines, I am waiting for him just to keel over.....I hope it does not happen, but it has to be on the minds of others too.

I have to disagree. NU is only one year removed from the Big XII championship game. A lot of what was lacking last season was effort, scheme, and most importantly belief. I believe the staff we have now is addressing these needs first and foremost. Granted, we have our weaknesses but who doesn't. Im not saying that we will win the Big XII championship, but contending for it yes. We will not be a push over for anyone next season.

Delusional is putting CU ahead of Nebraska.

It's so early right now. I mean, the season hasn't even started yet. But you know, I get it. It's fun to make predictions.

Well, I don't think Kansas will suck, but I also don't think they will have as good of a record as last year either. Their 2008 schedule looks way tougher than their 2007 schedule. I see 5 games that wouldn't surprise me if they lost this season. In the same breath, I could see them winning some of those games too. Like I said, it's hard to tell right now. I would have to watch them play - same with just about any team.

But for the purposes of this thread, and based largely on the way both teams ended the season (because I have nothing else to go off of), I could see Mizzou doing really well in the North, and Texas Tech doing really well in the South.

Nobody quote me on that though (unless I am proven to be right).

Being a KU student and watching my beloved Huskers get murdered last year was one of the toughest saturdays of my life!!!

I can tell you for a fact that KU will be good this year if Todd Reesing can manage to stay out of the Lawrence Bars. I was on Mass St after the KU Basketball National Championship game and once again ran into Mr. Reesing drunker than balls basically crawling for his life down the sidewalk. It was a time for celebration, but he should leave that to guys like me if they plan on making noise like they did last year!

Im a Husker 4 Life, but our defense has a long way to go! Bo is the man to bring us back though. And Tom needs to get them in the weight room (or put them all on steroids) like the old days when we used to scare the piss out of our opponents!

Cant wait for this season to start, The North will be an even more competitive division this year with Colorado picking up speed! Iowa States defense showed flashes of life last year as well. The Pussie Cats in Manhattan will continue to move backward (hopefully). Its going to be an interesting year for sure.

I was suprised by the fact that three different choices got a lot of votes. I see all them involve Nebraska getting better, but I would say that is a decent bet to make, I would.

Cy even got his cousin to vote, so that was nice to see. :koolaid2:

KU needs to make the jump to where they are not a stepping-stone job. KSU could never do that, but then coaches didn't tend to love working for Snyder. After the biggest year ever for KU we and Miami were able to raid the KU staff. It is hard to stay good if others can cherry-pick your coaches away.

But KU has definitely turned a corner. The players and the state now really believes in Mangino and the way he does things. Fortunately for them Mangino already makes a nice wad of cash, I think they'll stay a winner as long as Mangino is around. Maybe not a power but a winner.

KU needs to make the jump to where they are not a stepping-stone job. KSU could never do that, but then coaches didn't tend to love working for Snyder. After the biggest year ever for KU we and Miami were able to raid the KU staff. It is hard to stay good if others can cherry-pick your coaches away.

But KU has definitely turned a corner. The players and the state now really believes in Mangino and the way he does things. Fortunately for them Mangino already makes a nice wad of cash, I think they'll stay a winner as long as Mangino is around. Maybe not a power but a winner.

I thinkMangino will all ways be round.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

• Haha 1

I thinkMangino will all ways be round.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

Bada-BING!