6-6 08' Season acceptable???

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

'The Old Bull' is back.

Mark 'May I please carry your dirty laundry Coach Carrol' May is a Di-k!

6-6 OK? Acceptable? In a word, "NO!"

Could we live with it? Yes, after all we lived with Callahan and Cosgrove for 4 years.

But if you accept mediocre you become just another college that settles for the "Mrs Butterworth Pancake Syrup Bowl" that gets played on a Tuesday night in mid-December. That's NOT NEBRASKA FOOTBALL and I for one am too old to even think about changing my style.

T_O_B

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

I believe that while 6-6 is probably a good prediction as long as I see improvement on defense and that our offense picked up where it left off last season we could have a chance for 7 or 8.

I've got a sneaky feeling that our Defense will rank higher than our Offense next season. <_<

A lot of what was wrong in '07 was quite fixable, we have talent.

Plus if you look at our sched how can you consider 6-6 good? We have three gimmies noncon plus Baylor in Lincoln. That is four you can pencil-in. ISU and KSU we should beat again. With ANY D we'd have beaten CU in Boulder, I like our chances in Lincoln. That is seven wins. If we beat just only one of the five better teams on the sched that is 8-4. 8-4 is what I predict. Maybe we lose to CU or KSU but maybe we step-up and beat a couple of the better teams. I see us no worse than 7-5 unless bad-luck really hits, with good luck I can see 9-3.

If the last guy was almost burned at the stake for going 5-6 and 5-7, I'd say 6-6 isn't much better and probably isn't acceptable either. Hopefully Pelini has higher goals or an ear to the ground for a job with lower expectations.

After watching Pelini's intensity on the field the last few years and seeing his results, I can safely state he has much higher goals than 6-6. He may or may not reach those goals this year, next year, or even the year after... but he will reach them. I would rather see consistent improvement than a few years of success at the expense of long term dominance. After all, as fans of traditional powerhouse teams, what else should we expect?

Welcome to the board Georgia!!!! Look forward to your posts......... :thumbs

You guys need to go back and see what Nebraska has done on the field. He is normally pretty spot on with his predictions. He may or may not like Nebraska, but he calls a spade a spade.

He and Kirk both have stated that Pelini was a great hire and that he should return us to where we once were. But some on here drink so much cool aid they can not see anywhere near the truth. The truth hurts guys and my guess is we will be a lot closer to 6-6 than we are 12-0.

Anyone not thinking that Bo is a god, with a realistic eye, and no giant life long love for Nebraska would guess about 6-6 is where we are at.

We could do better, I doubt worse. He has always questioned our talent, and some of us still do to. I think we have a coach that is going to make a difference, but if some said you have to pick between 12-0 or 6-6 or you lose your house, my guess is 6-6 is where I would put my money.

National Champions, 12-0, Lucky for Hypsman. 5-7 is reality, the rest is pie in the sky. Play the games, then talk. What we know for fact is we, do not have a proven QB, a to the house running back. A prove reciever, a tigh end a O line. We do not have a prove Dline, our best linebacker just became one. Think about what you are saying. If you heard a KState fan or Colorado fan say these things you would be balistic. Wishiing hoping and wanting are not going to get it done. We have proven players that have not gotten it done. What makes all so certain they can flip a switch and be All Americans this year.

8-4 is as good as it is going to get this year is my guess, and I will be damned happy with it.

fair assessment, although 8-4 would be tough. 7-5 and a minor bowl would be a start for Pelini's first year.