6-6 08' Season acceptable???

Kansas and Missouri will be in the top 10 most likely. Both have Hypsman hopeful QB's. Both return a good portion of what got them there last year. Missouri fans, my son lives near and works in Columbia, actually feel they will be much better than last year.

Who knows, but I just do not buy into this talent load we are suppose to have. Below Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri, most likely Texas Tech. Va Tech is the game that really means something. If we can give them a good game at home and win or at least appear to be in the game then things have changed.

Football requires heart, dedication, loyalty and relentless motivation. These are things we very rarely saw last year for what ever reason. Coaching caused is the current theme. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. I do not know. What I saw was a large majority of quitters. Can Bo change this? Most likley, but will it be quick enough?

He is doing everything right as far as I am concerned, so I really am not going to be to terribly concerned with wins and losses. 6-6 and in every game with a never say die attitude, give it to me, I can deal with it. I want an attitude change more than I want wins. With the attitude change comes wins.

No way Kansas makes the Top 10, Top 25 maybe, but they lost some of the coaching staff, and I think people will be gunning for them this year, so they are not going to have it as easy as last year. I don't even think they finish in the Top 15. Missouri could be for real this year....I expect them to give everyone they play some trouble....they will be in the Top 10 for sure...hopefully a couple of spots behind us. :clap:corndance

Mark May just showed his intelligense...

:clap

I hope that was intentional..Funniest thing I've read all day.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

... He has always questioned our talent, and some of us still do to.

I think we have a coach that is going to make a difference, but if some said you have to pick between 12-0 or 6-6 or you lose your house, my guess is 6-6 is where I would put my money.

... What we know for fact is we, do not have a proven QB, a to the house running back. A prove reciever, a tigh end a O line. We do not have a prove Dline...8-4 is as good as it is going to get this year is my guess, and I will be damned happy with it.

Skers..

I think I'd agree with your post, but is Tuff Tiger writing this for you and slurring your words, or are you texting?

(jgyaht) :)

And when did he (Bo?) question our talent?

I'm going to try my best not to pay too much attention to the record this year..just like a few of you have stated, I'll be more interested in HOW we play.

Still..I say at least 8 wins.

I'd forgotten Stoops and Carrol had such rough starts..

Given that Stoops was 7-5 in year one at OU and Pete Carroll was 6-6 in year one at USC

Ya we are homers. But we also know more about the program. We know how many problems from last year that are quite fixable. We underachieved BIGTIME in '07 because meh S&C, no motivation, crappy D-schemes/position-coaching, lack of husker-pride and BC being pigheaded. That can't be completely reversed in a year but major headway can be made. We have talent and should win in '08, not win big but win.

I'm coming up on saturday, I will report to Bo and let him know that HSKERPRID is back and I wont leave

the team again!!! :LOLtartarchuckleshuffle:horns2

Mark May just showed his intelligense...what a dumb a$$. There is no way that Nebraska is 6-6 this year...and if we were to, thousands of Nebraskans will be having heart attacks and seizures.

Once again ESPN has shown just how anyone can be a commentator and know nothing...I never put too much credence in anything that they have to say. Most of us have a better handle on Big 12 football than anyone at ESPN does most of the time.

I think May is spot on on his prediction. How is 6-6 not realistic for a team that finished 5-7 a year ago?

Seems pretty darn realistic to me!!! :clap LOL

Kansas and Missouri will be in the top 10 most likely. Both have Hypsman hopeful QB's. Both return a good portion of what got them there last year. Missouri fans, my son lives near and works in Columbia, actually feel they will be much better than last year.

Who knows, but I just do not buy into this talent load we are suppose to have. Below Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri, most likely Texas Tech. Va Tech is the game that really means something. If we can give them a good game at home and win or at least appear to be in the game then things have changed.

Football requires heart, dedication, loyalty and relentless motivation. These are things we very rarely saw last year for what ever reason. Coaching caused is the current theme. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. I do not know. What I saw was a large majority of quitters. Can Bo change this? Most likley, but will it be quick enough?

He is doing everything right as far as I am concerned, so I really am not going to be to terribly concerned with wins and losses. 6-6 and in every game with a never say die attitude, give it to me, I can deal with it. I want an attitude change more than I want wins. With the attitude change comes wins.

No way Kansas makes the Top 10, Top 25 maybe, but they lost some of the coaching staff, and I think people will be gunning for them this year, so they are not going to have it as easy as last year. I don't even think they finish in the Top 15. Missouri could be for real this year....I expect them to give everyone they play some trouble....they will be in the Top 10 for sure...hopefully a couple of spots behind us. :clap:corndance

Just because KU lost a few coaches doesn't mean they won't be good. They do return 9 of 11 on defense...plus a host of others who saw significant time. They return 7 starters on offense, with more talent coming in. It helps having Reesing back (3500 yd passer, 12-1 as a starter) and Desmond Briscoe, Dexton Fileds (who always has a big game against Nebraska), and Kerry Meir at receiver.

KU's schedule does become tougher, but with that said, this is not the KU teams from the late 90's to early 2000's. They do get Texas and Texas Tech in Lawrence. 10-2 is a possibility for this squad, but 9-3 is more likely. Coach mangino is a great coach, and Offensive Coordinator Ed Warriner has competely resurected this offense!! I see the same explosive offense as they had last year.

No way Kansas makes the Top 10, Top 25 maybe, but they lost some of the coaching staff, and I think people will be gunning for them this year, so they are not going to have it as easy as last year.

We lost some of our coaching staff too...

But I agree that top 10 will be unlikely for Kansas. Just because sustained success at that level is unlikely.

No way Kansas makes the Top 10, Top 25 maybe, but they lost some of the coaching staff, and I think people will be gunning for them this year, so they are not going to have it as easy as last year.

We lost some of our coaching staff too...

But I agree that top 10 will be unlikely for Kansas. Just because sustained success at that level is unlikely.

I see KU finishing anywhere from 12-22. They'll stay in the top 25, especially with a good record against that tough schedule they have. A 9 win season would be looked at as a success with that schedule. But I like KU at home. I just don't see anyone coming to Lawrence and winning next year.

To answer the question it only takes one word

NO

KU had a cake schedule last year and was lucky that the North stunk. There is no way they match that this year. You can take that to the bank, quote me, write it down, take a photograph I don't care it isn't going to happen. Top 25 maybe Top 10 not a chance. Didn't they only have 1 good win last year? VA Tech and that was it. NU? ISU? KSU? CU? Didn't they play Baylor, OSU, and A&M from the south? If so that is a complete joke.

And Mark May is a complete Butt-Crack as well.

If the last guy was almost burned at the stake for going 5-6 and 5-7, I'd say 6-6 isn't much better and probably isn't acceptable either. Hopefully Pelini has higher goals or an ear to the ground for a job with lower expectations.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think it was in Bo's spring press conference were he said "I told the players if you don't beleive we can win every game this year then you don't belong on this team."

I'd say he has a little higher goal then 6-6. :woo

Mark May just showed his intelligense...what a dumb a$$. There is no way that Nebraska is 6-6 this year...and if we were to, thousands of Nebraskans will be having heart attacks and seizures.

Once again ESPN has shown just how anyone can be a commentator and know nothing...I never put too much credence in anything that they have to say. Most of us have a better handle on Big 12 football than anyone at ESPN does most of the time.

I think May is spot on on his prediction. How is 6-6 not realistic for a team that finished 5-7 a year ago?

Seems pretty darn realistic to me!!! :clap LOL

well you clearly didnt watch the games. there is no way our D will be as bad as last year, and we gave several games away( TU, CU to name a few) and we have a much easier schedule. so it is reasonable to say "unreasonable" :clap

Have to agree with skersfan. Like it or not, we are coming off a 5-7 season. We have a new coaching staff that is relatively unproven. The collapse last year was pretty much total - both players and staff. Our recruiting - while very good given the circumstances - was by no means top notch.

Folks, that's a lot to overcome.

Are the coaches the right ones for the task - possibly. Perhaps even definitely. But can they change the mind-set and the motivation of the team in one off-season? Who knows? I certainly think they will do as much as humanly possible in that regard, but it's all too easy to put forth less than top effort once you get used to slacking off.

Can one off-season correct all the problems with strength and conditioning for all the players? Again, possible - but only if the players buy in to the program not only during the spring, but in the off-season when there are no coaches around. Will every player have the level of motivation? Certainly when Bo has had an opportunity to fully stock the team with his players. But until then, we simply don't know.

Is 6-6 acceptable? Yes and no. Yes, if the team displays the traits we're looking for - effort, heart, the willingness to sacrifice for the team, constant improvement from the begining of the season to the end, a never-say-die attitude. If they show that, and they go 6-6, then they've bought into the culture that is needed, and the issue is aquiring better talent and continuing to develop the talent we have.

No, 6-6 is not acceptable in the sense that we should be "satisfied" - Nebraska not only aspires to a better standing, it demands it.

But like skersfan, show me that the team is improving and giving 100% effort at all times, and record be damned. If we get that, each year will see us climb the ladder back to the Huskers' of old.

Give me that.