Anyone see College Football Live on ESPN last night?

You guys always take things as hate and they are picking on us. Reality is they have been pretty close to correct since the 2001 season.

Said Missouri was the cream of the crop this past year, all said no way we would beat them easily. I was there, we lost, and it was not even close.

No QB, no top running back, no proven Oline, no tigh end, no break away WR.

Defense has a running back be touted as our best LB. Yea that breeds confidence.

I think we get 7-8 wins, but what they are saying is what everyone else in the country would say.

No hate, not craziness by any means. Honest straight forward evaluation of what we have.

Many have felt we were recruiting great with BC. But we got som kids, but our ranking had more to do with numbrs than quality. Of the top 10 clase we were normally the last in star average, but had way more than others.

Our talent has proven on the field to be less than loyal, dedicated or motivated. Pelini reverses that scenario we have a chance to be a good team. If he can not, we will be a 7-5 at best team. I think he can, but I will not buy into it until I see how they play against VaTech. There was no heart on this team last year, hopefully the wizzardry of Oz and his man Bo can give this character a heart, but I have my doubts.

I don't really think ESPN hates on us (with the exception of a few), I just think that half the time they have no idea what they're talking about. If you go up and ask one of them to list possible starters for the 2008 season for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, I can almost guarantee you they would only be able to name the main starters, if they could even handle that (i.e., Ganz, Lucky, maybe Swift, etc.). If you only know a select few of the players, how could you possibly decide how good the team is going to be?

So for them to sit on their little shows they have like this and talk about how NU is going to do is hilarious to me. They barely know our main players let alone the rest of the team. To make a prediction on how our year is going to go based on that alone is just a horrible analysis; especially for a media outlet totally dedicated to sports and this show specifically was dedicated to COLLEGE FOOTBALL. How pathetic...

I don't really think ESPN hates on us (with the exception of a few), I just think that half the time they have no idea what they're talking about. If you go up and ask one of them to list possible starters for the 2008 season for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, I can almost guarantee you they would only be able to name the main starters, if they could even handle that (i.e., Ganz, Lucky, maybe Swift, etc.). If you only know a select few of the players, how could you possibly decide how good the team is going to be?

So for them to sit on their little shows they have like this and talk about how NU is going to do is hilarious to me. They barely know our main players let alone the rest of the team. To make a prediction on how our year is going to go based on that alone is just a horrible analysis; especially for a media outlet totally dedicated to sports and this show specifically was dedicated to COLLEGE FOOTBALL. How pathetic...

While I do agree with you that ESPN's analysis is terrible, I don't think the reason is because they haven't done their research. We only see these guys for the hour they are on TV, but this is their entire career. I would like to believe that they put work in and research the teams, and could at least name the starting line-ups of the teams that they discuss.

While I do agree with you that ESPN's analysis is terrible, I don't think the reason is because they haven't done their research. We only see these guys for the hour they are on TV, but this is their entire career. I would like to believe that they put work in and research the teams, and could at least name the starting line-ups of the teams that they discuss.

I guess I can't totally dismiss the chance they might do their homework. But I still stand by what I said. If you were to go up to one of these individuals and ask them to name possible starters for the 2008 season for the Cornhuskers, they wouldn't have a clue, or they would only be able to name the real obvious players.

You guys always take things as hate and they are picking on us. Reality is they have been pretty close to correct since the 2001 season.

Said Missouri was the cream of the crop this past year, all said no way we would beat them easily. I was there, we lost, and it was not even close.

No QB, no top running back, no proven Oline, no tigh end, no break away WR.

Defense has a running back be touted as our best LB. Yea that breeds confidence.

I think we get 7-8 wins, but what they are saying is what everyone else in the country would say.

No hate, not craziness by any means. Honest straight forward evaluation of what we have.

Many have felt we were recruiting great with BC. But we got som kids, but our ranking had more to do with numbrs than quality. Of the top 10 clase we were normally the last in star average, but had way more than others.

Our talent has proven on the field to be less than loyal, dedicated or motivated. Pelini reverses that scenario we have a chance to be a good team. If he can not, we will be a 7-5 at best team. I think he can, but I will not buy into it until I see how they play against VaTech. There was no heart on this team last year, hopefully the wizzardry of Oz and his man Bo can give this character a heart, but I have my doubts.

<_<

blasphemer!!!

Nebraska was brutal last year. Period. Why would an analyst have any reason to believe they're going to win 9 games this year? Because the coaching staff changed? That might help, but it's not going to produce 4-5 more wins in 1 year. Just being realistic..........

I guess I can't totally dismiss the chance they might do their homework. But I still stand by what I said. If you were to go up to one of these individuals and ask them to name possible starters for the 2008 season for the Cornhuskers, they wouldn't have a clue, or they would only be able to name the real obvious players.

How hard would it be for them to just print off the rosters of all the teams and prove you wrong?

All they get paid to do is look nice in front of the camera. They always have guys bringing up stat sheets and stuff. i bet those guys could tell you most of the roster.

It's hard for me to look at next season objectively.

I fully expect us to win at least 8 games, but that could be said of most teams.

In next weeks ESPN poll, there's going to be the question of who's more likely to have a Cinderella season, and we'll probably win it if "Everyone in Lincoln is online tonight".

If there's a good time to underestimate us, it's now.

Imagine all the teams we can sneak up on.

ISucks = W

Bwhahaha...that's very humorous Mr Bendover15.... <_<

I dont get you Cy. Are you an NU fan or ISU fan, or one of those wierdos that roots for whoever is better, and in most cases that would be NU. I see you on here posting positive NU things but when someone takes a run at ISU, you seem to be a little testy. Please enlighten me.

Don't forget the other guy was like, "What?! Come ON! It's Nebraska! Of COURSE they'll turn it around! Nine wins this season!"

A REAL guitar player don't need all those silly foot pedals

...which has nothing to do with NU or even football. I'm just saying it....

See, I'm actually NOT a real guitarist. :koolaid2:

Okay, I am. I just like my weird noises. And I don't actually own ALL of those (yet). :P

Don't forget the other guy was like, "What?! Come ON! It's Nebraska! Of COURSE they'll turn it around! Nine wins this season!"

A REAL guitar player don't need all those silly foot pedals

...which has nothing to do with NU or even football. I'm just saying it....

See, I'm actually NOT a real guitarist. :koolaid2:

Okay, I am. I just like my weird noises. And I don't actually own ALL of those (yet). :P

Is that a Washburn? Those old Washburns rock!

as most have said, we have a lot to prove....a lot. 7-5 or 6-6 are unfortunately very realistic goals. if we don't finish better than that please don't complain. Bo has a lot of work to do here, the LB's alone have zero experience together, so once again our defense will struggle mightily, any other expectation is just plain unrealistic. we can certainly hope for more, but to definitely expect more is just plain unreasonable.

hard play and hustle yes, great results.....not just yet.

Sure thing ESPN, because lets look at how far Talent got us in the Callahan era.

Talent only gets you so far. It's the will and intensity that helps you win. Nebraska has the desire they were lacking while Callhan was in charge. Personally I think we'll shock a lot of people in not only how many wins we get, but our win margin.