Anyone see College Football Live on ESPN last night?

ISucks = W

Bwhahaha...that's very humorous Mr Bendover15.... <_<

I dont get you Cy. Are you an NU fan or ISU fan, or one of those wierdos that roots for whoever is better, and in most cases that would be NU. I see you on here posting positive NU things but when someone takes a run at ISU, you seem to be a little testy. Please enlighten me.

hes both and a very funny guy to boot. One of the reasons I come in here and I bet a lot of other people would agree.

Scott

You guys always take things as hate and they are picking on us. Reality is they have been pretty close to correct since the 2001 season.

Said Missouri was the cream of the crop this past year, all said no way we would beat them easily. I was there, we lost, and it was not even close.

No QB, no top running back, no proven Oline, no tigh end, no break away WR.

Defense has a running back be touted as our best LB. Yea that breeds confidence.

I think we get 7-8 wins, but what they are saying is what everyone else in the country would say.

No hate, not craziness by any means. Honest straight forward evaluation of what we have.

Many have felt we were recruiting great with BC. But we got som kids, but our ranking had more to do with numbrs than quality. Of the top 10 clase we were normally the last in star average, but had way more than others.

Our talent has proven on the field to be less than loyal, dedicated or motivated. Pelini reverses that scenario we have a chance to be a good team. If he can not, we will be a 7-5 at best team. I think he can, but I will not buy into it until I see how they play against VaTech. There was no heart on this team last year, hopefully the wizzardry of Oz and his man Bo can give this character a heart, but I have my doubts.

Now while I am in the 7-8 win camp,the listed listed analysis has some holes.

Ganz has better numbers in his last 3 starts than many QBs had all last season, and everyone knew we were going to throw it.

Lucky is the top returning rusher in the Big 12.

The Oline has a ton of starting experience.

Sure, the whole defense is something to worry about, but hell, without even playing defense last year we had 5 wins, and we couldnt keep people under 30. I dont think the defense goes top ten this year, but I also dont think there will be anyone hanging 40 or more on em.

Most of the experts also picked KU to miss a bowl last year.

The idea that A&M is going to do anything this year is just stupid. They are taking an option offense to a west coast. McGee is a good option QB, but make him throw it 25 times a game, and he is subpar.

On the show last night, they used Vegas' odds on number of wins each team would get and the experts??? guessed for several teams. Nebraska's over/under number is 6.5. Ed Cunningham was very against Nebraska, saying he covered the Big 12 and Nebraska has no talent to get 7 wins and get over their number. He said A+M, on the other hand, was loaded with talent and would get above their number of 6.5.

Todd McShay said they should get above, but also wasn't very enthusiastic.

Also, they had a poll done during the show asking fans which new coach would increase wins the most in his first year. Pelini won, and the panel laughed, saying people in Lincoln were busy on their computers.

Thoughts?

I predict 9.

If I lived in Vegas I'd put some money on it to break 6.5.

We have plenty coming-back on O. Ganz move the ball like a muther when he finally got his chance. Lucky, Castille, and Helu are a hell of a trio. The line is talented and fairly experienced. We just need a couple of the younger receivers to step-up in the playmaking dept.

The D will be unproven of-course. It can only be better considering how bad we were last year. It will be motivated and Bo is a proven DC. I don't think it will be killer but should be decent anyway with much improved aggressiveness, gang-tackling, and turnover-forcing.

With a quality O and respectable D(not great, respectable) I see us at 8-4.

I was a little swept up in the attitude change and thinking 8-9 Wins minumum..But after the Spring game, I'm beginning to think our Offense will struggle more this season.

Not a knock against Watson, just seems this Offense still isn't geared up to run your grandfather's WCO and it appears we will try to transition/transform it into something else (Player er Offense to be named later) <_<

And it's almost alarming how many on this thread are already counting KSU/ISU/Colorado as "Gimmies"..Have you guys been playin' hookey the last few seasons?

Colorado almost ALWAYS starts up the season getting beat by NAIA types, then mysteriously peaking the very same weekend that we SHOULD be playing OU and trying our hardest not to memorize the words to that insessant "Boomer Sooner" song...

Really, have you ever seen a team more in need than the Butts of having a pre-season like the NFL where the game only counts to your consessions people?

ISU usually peaks against IOWA, but they also occasionally have something left for us..and with fans like CY, you just know they are getting inside information from us here on this board..You know..the "Experts" we have working on the state of Husker Football. :moreinteresting

KSU?..Well, OK..You can probably start writing them off..A couple years ago, I thought they could've had something by now, but I think Prince needs to go back to being known as the "Artist Formerly Known as a Head Ball Coach.

yeah, what he said was we have no talent. I'm sorry but i just can't fully agree with that. Talent is what Solich got fired for (right or wrong). If he's right and we really do have no talent then he is right there saying himself ESPN's recruiting analysis is bogus as we finished ranked pretty high each year under Callahan! He can say we aren't gonna win 7 games, fine, but back it up with saying "first year struggles" or that the North is gonna be really tough this year, not some bullcrap.

The flaw in relating talent to recruiting ranking is that the recruiting ranking is suspect to begin with, but more to the point, was evaluated before the kids arrive on campus. The "great recruiting class " of Callahan's that ranked #5 at the time had less than 50% of those recruits end up on the team and less than 50% of those that remained have contributed.

We rag on ESPN -- but they are right, the talent at NU is not top 40 nationally, is middle conference talent, with mid conference speed, mid-conference strength and mid-conference production. Place NU in any major conference and talent wise they would not be in the top 3 or likely the bottom three either, but somewhere in between. Given the schedule NU has, a 7 win season will be very good.

Western Mich = W

SJSU = W

NMS = W

VTech = L

Missouri = L

TTech = L

ISucks = W

Baylor = W

Oklahoma = L

Kansas = L

Ksucks = W

Colorado = W

This is a very conservative outlook on next year and there is 7 wins. I have to believe we can steal a couple of these losses as well. Especially TTech and Kansas. At the very worst we have 7 wins and best 9. ESPN = douche bags

The schedule is probably the main thing here and that's what an odds maker would be looking at. There are 5 top 25 teams and probably 3 top 10 teams. (I'm including TTech based on this.) The odds maker marks all of those games down as losses. So in the remaining 7 games does NU go undefeated? Considering the results last year, that seems unlikely to the odds maker.

Now I think VTech and possibly TTech are overrated, and I think we should be able to compete with Kansas, so I would be disappointed with anything less than 7 wins.

Western Mich = W

SJSU = W

NMS = W

VTech = L

Missouri = L

TTech = L

ISucks = W

Baylor = W

Oklahoma = L

Kansas = L

Ksucks = W

Colorado = W

This is a very conservative outlook on next year and there is 7 wins. I have to believe we can steal a couple of these losses as well. Especially TTech and Kansas. At the very worst we have 7 wins and best 9. ESPN = douche bags

The schedule is probably the main thing here and that's what an odds maker would be looking at. There are 5 top 25 teams and probably 3 top 10 teams. (I'm including TTech based on this.) The odds maker marks all of those games down as losses. So in the remaining 7 games does NU go undefeated? Considering the results last year, that seems unlikely to the odds maker.

Now I think VTech and possibly TTech are overrated, and I think we should be able to compete with Kansas, so I would be disappointed with anything less than 7 wins.

Pete: Consider this from an outside perspective. A fan of Team A says that they can compete with team B next year. Now, last year Team B beat Team A by hanging 73 points on them in a blowout that could have been worse. Team B went to a BCS Bowl, won and finished in the Top 5 winning 12 games. team A was 5-7. Team B this year returns far more of its talent than does Team A, including its star QB and team B returns a QB with three games experience.

Based on this, as an impartial third party, does it make sense for the fan of Team A to think that they can compete (and maybe beat Team B)? The answer is, of course, no. Equally obvious is that team A is NU and team B is Kansas. Kansas this next season will (and should) be prohibitive favorites over NU and if NU even plays close that would be a great improvement for the Huskers.

The Huskers will be underdogs in more than 1/2 their games --- as would be and should be the case for a squad that was so bad last season. A seven win season would be great for next year.

You guys always take things as hate and they are picking on us. Reality is they have been pretty close to correct since the 2001 season.

Said Missouri was the cream of the crop this past year, all said no way we would beat them easily. I was there, we lost, and it was not even close.

No QB, no top running back, no proven Oline, no tigh end, no break away WR.

Defense has a running back be touted as our best LB. Yea that breeds confidence.

I think we get 7-8 wins, but what they are saying is what everyone else in the country would say.

No hate, not craziness by any means. Honest straight forward evaluation of what we have.

Many have felt we were recruiting great with BC. But we got som kids, but our ranking had more to do with numbrs than quality. Of the top 10 clase we were normally the last in star average, but had way more than others.

Our talent has proven on the field to be less than loyal, dedicated or motivated. Pelini reverses that scenario we have a chance to be a good team. If he can not, we will be a 7-5 at best team. I think he can, but I will not buy into it until I see how they play against VaTech. There was no heart on this team last year, hopefully the wizzardry of Oz and his man Bo can give this character a heart, but I have my doubts.

Now while I am in the 7-8 win camp,the listed listed analysis has some holes.

Ganz has better numbers in his last 3 starts than many QBs had all last season, and everyone knew we were going to throw it.

Lucky is the top returning rusher in the Big 12.

The Oline has a ton of starting experience.

Sure, the whole defense is something to worry about, but hell, without even playing defense last year we had 5 wins, and we couldnt keep people under 30. I dont think the defense goes top ten this year, but I also dont think there will be anyone hanging 40 or more on em.

Most of the experts also picked KU to miss a bowl last year.

The idea that A&M is going to do anything this year is just stupid. They are taking an option offense to a west coast. McGee is a good option QB, but make him throw it 25 times a game, and he is subpar.

very much so agreed.. look what our transition was like....

and i was gonna ask how we have no running back? when we have a VERY talented group of running backs...

Pete: Consider this from an outside perspective. A fan of Team A says that they can compete with team B next year. Now, last year Team B beat Team A by hanging 73 points on them in a blowout that could have been worse. Team B went to a BCS Bowl, won and finished in the Top 5 winning 12 games. team A was 5-7. Team B this year returns far more of its talent than does Team A, including its star QB and team B returns a QB with three games experience.

Based on this, as an impartial third party, does it make sense for the fan of Team A to think that they can compete (and maybe beat Team B)? The answer is, of course, no. Equally obvious is that team A is NU and team B is Kansas. Kansas this next season will (and should) be prohibitive favorites over NU and if NU even plays close that would be a great improvement for the Huskers.

The Huskers will be underdogs in more than 1/2 their games --- as would be and should be the case for a squad that was so bad last season. A seven win season would be great for next year.

I thought Team A was ASU and Team B was NU the last time I saw them play (1996).

1995, we won 77-28

1996 we lost 0-19

68 point turnaround?

I thought Team A was ASU and Team B was NU the last time I saw them play (1996).

1995, we won 77-28

1996 we lost 0-19

68 point turnaround?

Such turnarounds do happen --- about one out of every 10 times or less. Kansas will be and should be heavy favorites. In fact, the Kansas players likely do see NU as a real threat. In and of itself, that is good for NU.