RB David Oku

Some of Dr. Toms player had issues in college, but I have never seen evidence that he recruited players with character issues out of high school. Its not like college coaches have access to psychiatrists, like they do in the pros to evalulate them. So I say false. Are you saying we should go after kids we know are thugs just to win?

How does one make this assessment when the internet/college recruiting sites weren't invented yet when TO coached?? Unless you were a previous member of TO's coaching staff then I'll take you word on it.

Questioning a recruits character is a touchy subject.

For TO's godly status, he still coached football players and he had his fair share of prima donna players that people on today's message boards either label them as such or have character issues.

I'm 19, and definitely wouldn't. But I live for God so I have no desire to.. :dunno

So what exactly does this statement mean?

You're 19 and haven't hit puberty yet and still find girls icky?

God has taken away any sex drive that you have/had?

You think having premarital relations is wrong?

I just want a clarification so if it is number one or two I can make fun of you and if it is number three I can help you express that thought better the next time the subject arises.

According to the bible, it is wrong. So if you are going to bash his religon, you can take you're crap elsewhere. So tell us, how are you going to help him express it ? Yeah kid, just go out and bang every chick you can, and don't worry about you're Christian faith. I'm sure you would bash Tim Tebow as well.

The bible is a bunch of FAIRY TAILS, There's scientific proof that a lot of the so called events happened but they are scientificly explained. One thing science, doesn't LIE. I was brought up catholic and I figured out around 5 or 6 years old it was make believe and a way to keep CONTROL over the weak minded.

I'm 19, and definitely wouldn't. But I live for God so I have no desire to.. :dunno

I just want a clarification so if it is number one or two I can make fun of you and if it is number three I can help you express that thought better the next time the subject arises.

For clarification, the third one is about correct, but it doesn't mean that I don't have any fleshly desire, I still struggle like anyone else. Another thing I was implying (sorry I didnt' clarify more) was that if I had to guess by looking at her pictures, she isn't the type of person I would want to be close with in a relationship standpoint and not a sexual one :P but I don't know that, because I don't know her, I can only speculate.

Just clearing myself up, if someone wants to continue asking me questions or making fun of me or whatever make a thread in BS Forum! :)

Edit: Forgot to say this, Pelini and Co. have NOT made contact with Oku, at least not that anyone knows about. The original poster who said that was misled by a Rivals link that said 'Contact made with Oku?' but if you can view the thread it just says that the Lincoln East coach said nobody from the university has contacted him or Oku.

Are we still going after any other prospects for this class? I noticed that Lester White a safety from Cali and Joshua Brown a corner/safety from Texas still havent signed LOI. White is currently committed to UCLA and Brown hasnt committed to anyone. I know Brown has some grade issues but could we be waiting to see what happens with his grades and go after him since we lost Byrd? IMO I think White would be a better LB seeing as how he is already 6'2 and over 200 lbs.

According to the bible, it is wrong. So if you are going to bash his religon, you can take you're crap elsewhere. So tell us, how are you going to help him express it ? Yeah kid, just go out and bang every chick you can, and don't worry about you're Christian faith. I'm sure you would bash Tim Tebow as well.

The bible is a bunch of FAIRY TAILS, There's scientific proof that a lot of the so called events happened but they are scientificly explained. One thing science, doesn't LIE. I was brought up catholic and I figured out around 5 or 6 years old it was make believe and a way to keep CONTROL over the weak minded.

one of the funniest thing i have heard in a long time

QUOTE(BigRedMan @ Feb 26 2009, 03:39 PM)

So we contacted him right?

No we haven't.

Well, we don't know that for sure....do we? I mean, whose to say that contact has been made or not? Oku? I'll bet anything that he gets an invite to the Spring game. Time is on his side. He's not in a hurry. Any team can make room on their roster for him if push comes to shove. In regards to the rumored promise that Burkhead was promised that he would be the only running back recruit.....I don't buy it. There is no foundation to this whatsoever. I'm not saying that Oku is going to be a Husker. I'm just saying that there's a talented kid that is blocks away from Memorial stadium and that, you can be assured, Pelini and company are looking into it.

Cally rolled the dice on both Brandon Jackson and Marlon Lucky in the same arena that BO would be rolling the dice on Oku, both Jackson and Lucky were extreme long shots to qualify academically. Brandon Jackson was not a diamond in the ruff, he was a highly rated RB that Blake pulled out of MS. So what difference would Bo be rolling the dice on the nations's number 2 rated running back, Oku, like Cally did with Lucky??

Nothing about Oku's character should be criticized by some anonymous BBS poster on any site. This is exactly the correct comparison in comparing Oku to Lucky/Jackson as all 3 have academic issues and all 3 were highly recruited players.

Look at the Houston Nutt, he signed 37 and still possibly counting if Oku signs with Ole Miss.

Nebraska isn't in a position not to be going after these type of talented players, they to have to roll the dice with them to since there are no longer prop 48s, which TO took advantage of.

My apologies TMul, I did not realize we were talking about academics. I have no knowledge on the acceptance status of said athletes in that regard. Your point of prop 48 students is well taken.

I'm so sick of hearing everyone rant about how "this kid is a prima donna and doesn't derseve a phone call from Bo".

1.) We're in no way, shape, or form at a position right now where we can turn away top talent like this. Our team has One, yes, ONE, UNO, home run threat offensively. (Helu) Our offense doesn't scare anybody because of our lack of speed. I'm real disappointed in the recruiting of our WR's, we need a real playmaker. (a Maclin, Crabtree, Bryant, Iglesias, Cosby/Shipley, Briscoe, Jordy Nelson)...I kinda got off topic, but my point is, we need all the playmakers we can get, and we should be pushing hard for Oku to be N.

2.) True or False, Dr. Tom recruited players to win, and didn't shy away from players who had character issues.

Not a fan of reality? Stick with Survivor.

What does UNO have to do with this thread. I'm thinking not "uno" damn thing.