Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

I will be absolutely astonished if Kansas wins more than 6 games next year, their schedule is absolutely murderous after their typically laughable ooc games (though they do have to play at South Florida, a game that was undoubtedly intended to be another cupcake when they scheduled it... oops).

oh, south florida is a cupcake... with freakin' razorblades baked inside!

I think you have KU nailed down pretty good. I can see them 9-3 to 8-4. With a little luck, they'll be better than that. If Reesing gets put out for the season, then I guess 5-7 is conceivable.

They're going 5-7...bank on it. Reesing goes down in game 5 of the season....broken leg when he is "accidently" tripped by the yard marker.... :dunno

Let us have our day, Cy, don't hurt the Todd. Let the sun shine on our ass for a while...

LOL. Cy is still mad over the 45-7 beat down we gave ISU last year. I just tune him out. Alot of people are saying 9-3 or 8-4, but I just don't see us losing to either Texas squad, and USF doesn't scare me. Reesing is undefeated in the state of florida. :lol: I hope we beat Missouri this year, but it will be tough. If we're healthy then we have a chance, if we're not, then it will be tough. I'll stick by 10-2...heck, I was the only Hawk fan to predict 9-3 last year and I was ridiculed and laughed at on every board. I guess I was wrong...I didn't have them going 12-1.

Kansas will go down at USF, bank on it.

Well, I had to look to see if USF has Grothe back, which they do. Plus it's in their house. That being the case I say USF wins a close one. KU is a well coached and probably more disciplined team, but I think USF is out to really substantiate their legitimacy, moreso than KU, and they have a load of talent on that team.....USF wins.

I have a tough time getting a read on KU. I think they CAN win any of their tough games, though they probably won't. They will also drop a game they shouldn't--say CU--plus I think Big Red will whoop 'em outta revenge. So I put the Manginos in the 8-9 win category.

I think you have KU nailed down pretty good. I can see them 9-3 to 8-4. With a little luck, they'll be better than that. If Reesing gets put out for the season, then I guess 5-7 is conceivable.

They're going 5-7...bank on it. Reesing goes down in game 5 of the season....broken leg when he is "accidently" tripped by the yard marker.... :dunno

Let us have our day, Cy, don't hurt the Todd. Let the sun shine on our ass for a while...

LOL. Cy is still mad over the 45-7 beat down we gave ISU last year. I just tune him out. Alot of people are saying 9-3 or 8-4, but I just don't see us losing to either Texas squad, and USF doesn't scare me. Reesing is undefeated in the state of florida. :lol: I hope we beat Missouri this year, but it will be tough. If we're healthy then we have a chance, if we're not, then it will be tough. I'll stick by 10-2...heck, I was the only Hawk fan to predict 9-3 last year and I was ridiculed and laughed at on every board. I guess I was wrong...I didn't have them going 12-1.

Well, I had to look to see if USF has Grothe back, which they do. Plus it's in their house. That being the case I say USF wins a close one. KU is a well coached and probably more disciplined team, but I think USF is out to really substantiate their legitimacy, moreso than KU, and they have a load of talent on that team.....USF wins.

I have a tough time getting a read on KU. I think they CAN win any of their tough games, though they probably won't. They will also drop a game they shouldn't--say CU--plus I think Big Red will whoop 'em outta revenge. So I put the Manginos in the 8-9 win category.

I think we get USF, but I am not going to say I am sure of it. They have done a lot with their program, they have some good players and they are at home. I think they have done way too much themsleves for me to do more than just say I think we will probably win. They showed last year, they are good and can beat really good teams, so it will be what it will be.... I would predict we will be a slight favorite, by a couple of points at most, and that is probably a fair spread.

I think we get USF, but I am not going to say I am sure of it. They have done a lot with their program, they have some good players and they are at home. I think they have done way too much themsleves for me to do more than just say I think we will probably win. They showed last year, they are good and can beat really good teams, so it will be what it will be.... I would predict we will be a slight favorite, by a couple of points at most, and that is probably a fair spread.

We'll beat USF. We have the right mind set and experience back to get the job done. KU will be 6-0 before their trip to Norman. You can count on that. I guess I'll just have to come back on here and tell everyone told ya so when it happens.

JGS30 Out! :box

We'll beat USF. We have the right mind set and experience back to get the job done. KU will be 6-0 before their trip to Norman. You can count on that. I guess I'll just have to come back on here and tell everyone told ya so when it happens.

All of USF's losses last season were to teams that had very good downhill running between the tackles, and IMO, Kansas won't have that this year.

All of USF's losses last season were to teams that had very good downhill running between the tackles, and IMO, Kansas won't have that this year.

KU will rank in the top 3 for rushing in the Big 12 this year- We have Jake Sharp back and taking BMac's place is the #1 Juco RB. Next response please. :koolaid2:

KU will rank in the top 3 for rushing in the Big 12 this year- We have Jake Sharp back and taking BMac's place is the #1 Juco RB. Next response please. :koolaid2:

Top 3? I doubt it: NU, OU, TX, CU, and probably OSU will be ahead if them...Oh, yeah, aTm too.

Pick #25 of round 1, Mike Jenkins, might have had something to with that:

Regarded as one of the nation's premier shutdown pass defenders, Jenkins teamed with Trae Williams to give the Bulls an outstanding cornerback combination.

Along with free safety Nate Allen and strong safety Carlton Williams, South Florida's secondary combined for 131 starts at USF.

The Bulls ranked eighth in the nation in passing efficiency defense (105.27 rating) in 2007 after ranking 11th nationally in 2006 (104.26) and 16th (109.38) in 2005, thanks largely to the performance of their right cornerback.

It was tough to throw on them last year, but they lost both starting CBs. Trae Williams is now with the Jaguars.

OTOH Both the safeties are back, and at least one expert has USF in the top 10. (KU is missing thus far. I'm not sure why folks think USF will have an easier time replacing their All-American CB than Kansas will.)

Regarded as one of the nation's premier shutdown pass defenders, Jenkins teamed with Trae Williams to give the Bulls an outstanding cornerback combination.

Along with free safety Nate Allen and strong safety Carlton Williams, South Florida's secondary combined for 131 starts at USF.

The Bulls ranked eighth in the nation in passing efficiency defense (105.27 rating) in 2007 after ranking 11th nationally in 2006 (104.26) and 16th (109.38) in 2005, thanks largely to the performance of their right cornerback.

It was tough to throw on them last year, but they lost both starting CBs. Trae Williams is now with the Jaguars.

OTOH Both the safeties are back, and at least one expert has USF in the top 10. (KU is missing thus far. I'm not sure why folks think USF will have an easier time replacing their All-American CB than Kansas will.)

Yes Williams and Jenkins are gone, but they also got Nate Allen back at safety/nickel and with Ben moffit gone, Tyrone McKenzie will blow it up at MLB. If, and I mean IF, they can get a decent running attack from Ben Williams or Mike Ford, Grothe won't be required to run as much and take the beating that he does. They do that, and they'll win the Big East.

Yes Williams and Jenkins are gone, but they also got Nate Allen back at safety/nickel and with Ben moffit gone, Tyrone McKenzie will blow it up at MLB. If, and I mean IF, they can get a decent running attack from Ben Williams or Mike Ford, Grothe won't be required to run as much and take the beating that he does. They do that, and they'll win the Big East.

I'm really looking forward to the KU VS USF match up. It will be a great game either way. Two experienced top 20 teams on primetime. Couldn't ask for anything more. :koolaid2:

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Florida International- Win

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

Sam Houston State- Win ( Is Rhett Bomar still their?)

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Missouri ( Kansas City)- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

Just saw on Kansas City TV that a defensive lineman quit the team because of a bad back and a cornerback was kicked off the team for "violating team policy" (which is often code for 3rd offense positive drug test, though I have no knowledge that this is true in this case) So Jayhawks are down 4 underclassmen in addition to __?__ seniors no longer elligible

what-are-they-up-to-Betty-White.jpg

Barry White?

At least MY Whites are clickable (links provided)

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

I'm going to be a KS fan for at least a couple more seasons just because of my cousin's Son and Daughter competing there, but also because it makes our conference stronger.

They could be better next season and still have a worse record..I'm guessing 3-4 losses prior to Bowl season.

I hope they continue to improve in the long run.

My SON goes to KU (in state tuition and academic scholly) and WE BOTH are Husker fans forever. Three years ago he went to the game in red body paint. (Last year he was fortunately out of town)

How many top 25 teams does mizzou play this year? KU? I think NU's schedule is very tough, and probably the toughest of any team in the North Div.

I would have to say that Colorado has the toughest schedule of any team of the North Division:

West Virginia, Florida State, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri...just to name a few of the really tough teams. Seems like a tough schedule to me!

Throw in Montana State and it would be a killer. :rollin

Reesing is a solid QB, but I wasen't blown away with how he played in the two games that I watched (Missouri and Virginia Tech). I know he had way better games that year, but you are talking about those two games as the toughest two that your team played all year. I respect Kansas but they will not go 10-2 this year. 5-7 may be a little harsh, but since the Big 12 is probably going to be two BCS teams this year, Kansas will not get one over Missouri or Oklahoma. Missouri deserved a bid more than your team last year. Heck, I wasen't so sure if my team deserved a bid until I learned that instead of preparing for the bowl, we were playing around on Jetski's and goofing off. If you don't think I'm serious, play us in a few years when Glennon is gone, and Tyrod Taylor is not a freshman. I would rather play Kansas in a few years instead of the home and home with Kansas State. Except for in basketball, our team couldn't stay on the floor with your team.

Well, those 2 games you refer to Resing in were vs. 2 of the top 8 teams in the country, and he was a first time starter and a Sophmore. I would look for improvement in those sorts of games. Also, he was hurt pretty good vs. MU, and less, but still hurt vs VA tech, his speed was way down from normal (which he needs to escape). We probably won't outdo MU this year, almost everyone back and they really good, but that is why they play the games. I think in 2 years it is our time, when we will be at our best. No question Reesing can get better, but he was pretty good for a Sophomore in his first year starting, as he was a redshirt last year who got his shirt yanked and was thrown out there (Beat the Buffs for us)...

Anybody else notice that the Hokies and Jayhawk fans "flock" the the NEBRASKA discussion board to talk smack to each other?

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Florida International- Win

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

Sam Houston State- Win ( Is Rhett Bomar still their?)

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Missouri ( Kansas City)- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Just saw on Kansas City TV that a defensive lineman quit the team because of a bad back and a cornerback was kicked off the team for "violating team policy" (which is often code for 3rd offense positive drug test, though I have no knowledge that this is true in this case) So Jayhawks are down 4 underclassmen in addition to __?__ seniors no longer elligible

Let me go ahead and set the record straight:

Two Kansas University football players have left the program, the school announced Tuesday.

Senior defensive lineman Todd Haselhorst said he left the program for "health reasons." Junior cornerback Anthony Webb was dismissed for violation of team policy, according to KU football spokesman Mike Strauss.

Haselhorst said: "I've always had stomach issues since I've been here. I've been throwing up every day during conditioning. It's that and I've been having back pain recently and I decided to hang it up."

Haselhorst said he plans to attend classes at KU during the fall semester to complete the 12 credits he needs to graduate. He said he will attend all home football games "to support the team."

"I've had a lot of fun in the program and they've given me some great memories," Haselhorst said. "It's a great bunch of guys and great coaches and there is no doubt in my mind they'll have success again this year if they do the right things, if they practice hard, work hard and do everything 100 percent all the time, like we did last year."

Here is the deal haters-CB Anthony Webb doesn't even play and was barried on the depth chart and Todd Haselhorst sucks. He wasn't listed as the starter according to the coaches because a Redshirt freshman (Richard Johnson Jr.) beat him out. No worries from Jayhawk nation. This is for the best.