June...1982....my house gets flooded out in SW Iowa. Aside from what I looted out of the town bar, everything was shot.

June....1993....my house gets flooded out in Des Moines. No bar close by. All my stuff got ruined

June...2008...work two night filling up and laying sandbags in Des Moines to "save the city" (and get free beer). Go home and discover no one bothered to save the part of the city I live in. House got flooded...all my stuff is ruined.

I'm out of stuff God....knock it off! :angry:

Anybody know how I can talk the insurance guy into thinking the 1997 Suzuki Sidekick in my garage is actually a Ferrari???

Tough luck Cy, but a great sense of humor. Most of us fail to see the reasoning behind these things, but it has obviously made you a wiser man, your part Husker fan to say the least.

I hope you are going to be at the VaTech or Missouri game, I would love to buy you a beer.

Dang, Cy..I hope you're insured more better.

FLOOD SURVIVAL KIT

Mustard.............................................check

Cheetos.............................................check

Toilet Paper........................................check

Bud Light...........................................check

Keystone Ice......................................check

Budweiser..........................................check

Red Dog.............................................check

Misc. other cans of alcohol..................check

Sheet of plywood or door to float your chick (and booze) on...check

Next time let's all try to be a little better prepared, shall we?

Now, check out the picture below to see if we have accounted for all of the essentials.

floater.jpg

And a warning if you live close to a bar..

Alert: Another public service announcement from your friends at Huskerboard.

Police today warned all men who frequent clubs and parties to stay cautious when offered drinks by women. Females are using a date rape drug called "beer" to target unsuspecting men. This drug comes in liquid form and is available nearly everywhere. "Beer" is used by female predators to persuade helpless male victims to go home with them. Women need only persuade a man to consume a few of these "beers" and then ask him home for no-strings-attached sex, a simple approach that renders most men helpless.

After several "beers," men will have sex with even unattractive women. Often men awaken with only hazy memories of the night before, a horrible headache, and a vague feeling that something bad happened. Some really unfortunate men are even separated from their life's savings in a scam called "a relationship." In extreme cases, females have entrapped unsuspecting males into long-term servitude through a punishment called "marriage."

Apparently, men are much more susceptible to this scam once "beer" is administered. Forward this warning to every male you know. And if you, or some man you know, has fallen victim to this insidious "beer" and the predatory women who administer it. Rest assured: male support groups exist in every major city where you can discuss the ugly details of your encounter in an open and frank manner with similarly affected, like-minded guys. For the support group nearest you, look in the Yellow Pages under "Golf Courses."

Cy,

Sorry to hear about your luck...I know God is a Husker fan, but I don't think He would use that against the Cyclones or you...the way it sounds He isn't a real big Hawkeye fan, but then it is mostly their liberal arts buildings that are getting it...wonder if the liberals will take the hint?

Better luck to you, at least you have a sense of humor about it.