Dallas Columnist says 5-7 for Huskers

4. NEBRASKA

Record: 5-7, 3-5

League losses: Missouri, at Texas Tech, at Oklahoma, Kansas, at Kansas St.

Bottom line: Bo Pelini gets no favors from the schedule with Virginia Tech and road games at Tech and OU. He also must endure the growing pains of a first-year coach while replacing the back seven of his defense.

LINK

------

My opinion? While his bottom line is fairly accurate, it doesn't sound like a lot of research went into this. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course, but we have five gimmes on the schedule. You're telling me the best d-coordinator in the country can't find a way to beat ONE out of seven other teams?

Please.

It's fair game to predict the Huskers going 5-7. It doesnt mean that will happen or not. Writers are not going to do a follow up story with "Look, I told you so" or "Man I was way off with my prediction". Based on how last season played out, throw in a first time head coach, and what's to argue?

4. NEBRASKA

Record: 5-7, 3-5

League losses: Missouri, at Texas Tech, at Oklahoma, Kansas, at Kansas St.

Bottom line: Bo Pelini gets no favors from the schedule with Virginia Tech and road games at Tech and OU. He also must endure the growing pains of a first-year coach while replacing the back seven of his defense.

So he's predicting 5 leagues losses, a loss to Va. Tech, and one of the other Non-Conf teams? Actually almost as reasonable as predicting a loss to Kansas State. :bs:

I definately see a trend about Nebraska season predictions by the media. They all have this in common: Huskers have to replace 7 starters on defense.

Normally that would hurt. But with just a little bit of research on their part, they may actually realize how that's a good thing.

Let's see.. A new Head Coach (hired strategically for his defensive coaching/successfull background), a new defensive coordinator, and a majority of new starters & backups. And how is that a bad thing again?

Wait wait wait. So he calls for A&M to beat OU with a first year head coach(which by his own words will struggle), when the are changing offensive systems, but we lose to KSU(who he has losing at home, to ISU? Just wow. And I would love to know which middling team he has us losing to in non-conference play.

i lot of Texas sportswriters are into their second profession, most prior bartenders and carney chasers... :wacko:

seriously, these guys couldn't even find Nebraska on a road map, they honestly don't have a clue what the team will be like, even though we damn near beat their Shorthorns last year!

I'd say maybe he isn't right, but it's not an opinion that isn't well-thought out, and it's not coming from a guy who has no respect for Nebraska. Reasonable guy, fair prediction, I hope he's wrong though.

*KSU is not going to beat Nebraska. 6-6 is pretty reasonable though.

I'd say maybe he isn't right, but it's not an opinion that isn't well-thought out, and it's not coming from a guy who has no respect for Nebraska. Reasonable guy, fair prediction, I hope he's wrong though.

The guy may be a little off his rocker, but 6-6 is very reasonable.

I'm going to stand by my 7-5 prediction with losses coming from MU, KU, TT, OU and Colorado.

The guy may be a little off his rocker, but 6-6 is very reasonable.

I'm going to stand by my 7-5 prediction with losses coming from MU, KU, TT, OU and Colorado.

I think Colorado is going to leave Lincoln without testicles.