SIGNED: LB Chris Williams

• 3 months later...

does anyone know how he's healing up?

OWH has an update:

Football: Rehab work going well for NU recruit

BY RICH KAIPUST

LINCOLN — Injury rehab work continues to go well for Nebraska linebacker recruit Chris Williams, but it's too soon to say if he might be ready to play next season, said his coach at Abilene (Texas) High School.

Williams graduates June 6 and starts classes at NU on June 8. The Huskers begin summer conditioning on June 3.

"I'm assuming by then he'll be doing some sprinting and cutting and things like that," said his coach, Steve Warren. "Right now he's running on the track."

Williams damaged both the ACL and MCL in his left knee last November, requiring major surgery. The 6-foot, 230-pounder had racked up 77 tackles and eight sacks in a 10-0 regular season for Abilene before missing the Texas state playoffs.

Warren said he has no reason to believe Williams won't return to the level that made him a Parade All-American as a senior and the Texas Class 5-A defensive player of the year as a junior.

After reporting, Williams would have about two months before Nebraska starts preseason camp. NU returns six scholarship linebackers, but four of them are redshirt freshmen.

"I think the biggest deal for him is to get healthy and see where that goes," Warren said. "If he's healthy in camp and two-a-days, turn him loose. But if he's not healthy, don't push it."

Graduating June 6th is really late. :o

Not for high schools.

That is actually earlier than the schools out East, most don't get out until 3rd week in June or so. However June 6th seems about a week plus later than I remember in IA, can't remember what TX was like in this regard from my time there.

Not for high schools.

That is actually earlier than the schools out East, most don't get out until 3rd week in June or so. However June 6th seems about a week plus later than I remember in IA, can't remember what TX was like in this regard from my time there.

The seniors at my school in kansas goy out last week and graduation is tonight. Third weeek in June seems really late. Do you know if they started late or anything?

Not for high schools.

The seniors at my school in kansas goy out last week and graduation is tonight. Third weeek in June seems really late. Do you know if they started late or anything?

Abilene HS started on August 25, 2008.

http://www.abileneisd.org/calndrs_schdls/Calendar_08-09.swf

Not for high schools.

Most schools out in the North East don't start until after Labor Day. They also get more holidays and breaks, like a week off in the Fall and Spring. They also seem to get more weather cancellations. When I went to HS in IA, this is 15 years ago now, I don't remember getting those breaks other than maybe a day or two. I also don't remember school being cancelled due to weather, late starts yes, but no cancellations. Dang plows always out early!

• 3 years later...