Oklahoma/Nebraska rivalry = DEAD

I am more looking forward to Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, and Kansas State than Oklahoma.

Its a shame that the big 12 killed it but really I am excited for the OU game as I am for the Baylor game......

dear Herbie4pres

Your(herto be named the ex fan) has been revoked due to ex fans expression that "your excited for the ou game as much as ex fan is for the baylor game" We will now have to lump you in with that...other herbie who whines likes aunt flo is in town for the week.

Signed Husker Nation.

I am more looking forward to Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, and Kansas State than Oklahoma.

Its a shame that the big 12 killed it but really I am excited for the OU game as I am for the Baylor game......

I cant see that... I think it will be as if not more interesting than TO vs. Switzer. Think about it, Stoops and Pelini worked together and apparently have a deep respect for one another. I think due to their working history the OU game will be one of the better charged atmospheres in the country that day! The firey defensive genius vs. the hot headed head coach, thats pretty cool in my opinion.

Maybe I am wrong... maybe I am right... doesnt matter.

I don't think i'd go as far as Colorado or KState, but i can see what you're saying. It's hard to get up for a game with a rival when it basically looks like you can't win.

But the thing is, THEY ARE A RIVAL. The kids will bring it just as hard or if not harder because it's OU. The rivalry isn't dead, it's just one side is huge underdog now and it's not a battle of the titans. Soon enough, it will return to glory.

With Bo and Stoops going back so far together and both seem to have the same type demeanor, this could turn out to be a great rivalry again. If Bo gets the Huskers to play like the Huskers of old, we could be seeing them in the Big12 title game even in the years that we aren't on their schedual. Only time will tell.

GBR!!!

The rivalry is dead. I would say that Colorado or Mizzou is much more a rivalry than Oklahoma. But I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the Oklahoma game more than Baylor...

This is true.

The rivalry died with the Big 12.

Just think about it. The current freshman class was like 4 or 5 years old when the Big 12 formed.

It might be a rivalry in the eyes of older fans but to the current players, it's just another big game. It's only big because OU is so good.

Sad, but true.

The rivalry is dead. I would say that Colorado or Mizzou is much more a rivalry than Oklahoma. But I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the Oklahoma game more than Baylor...

This is true.

Just think about it. The current freshman class was like 4 or 5 years old when the Big 12 formed.

It might be a rivalry in the eyes of older fans but to the current players, it's just another big game. It's only big because OU is so good.

Sad, but true.

I don't think this is true at all. Sure they were young, but both head coaches know the importance of this game and they preach it to the kids in the week leading up to this game. Plus, you've got kids on each team that grew up in Oklahoma or Nebraska that remeber what this game used to mean and that rubs off on the other players. Is it lopsided yes, but the rivalry is far from dead, just ask the f**king hillbillies in OU.

This is true.

Sad, but true.

I don't think this is true at all. Sure they were young, but both head coaches know the importance of this game and they preach it to the kids in the week leading up to this game. Plus, you've got kids on each team that grew up in Oklahoma or Nebraska that remeber what this game used to mean and that rubs off on the other players. Is it lopsided yes, but the rivalry is far from dead, just ask the f**king hillbillies in OU.

It meant something back in the Big 8 (which none of the current players can remember).

I'm 25 and older than any player on either roster and even I have trouble remembering the good ol days of the rivalry. Mostly because the games I do remember of OU-NU were blowouts in NU's favor since OU sucked most of the 90's.

Outside of 2000 and 2001, OU-NU games have been nothing for 2 decades dating back to when both teams were competing for national championships year in and out.

I think it has turned into more of a mutual respect than a hated rivalry.

Agree...you can't have a rivalry where the other team is in another division and you play twice every four years. When I was at UNL (late 90's) we never really looked at the OK game any different from other games (but that was probably because they sucked). I will say that the OK game in Lincoln in '01 was the best game in any sport I've ever been to, but that had more to do with it being 1 vs 2 than a rivalry. I'm making the predication that the Bo Pelini era starts of with a reverse pitch to Beau Davis and he throws a 80 yard strike to Ganz for a TD. That's why Beau was left off the depth chart...to disguise him from other teams. We all know he has a gun.

I don't think i'd go as far as Colorado or KState, but i can see what you're saying. It's hard to get up for a game with a rival when it basically looks like you can't win.

But the thing is, THEY ARE A RIVAL. The kids will bring it just as hard or if not harder because it's OU. The rivalry isn't dead, it's just one side is huge underdog now and it's not a battle of the titans. Soon enough, it will return to glory.

Yes, soon it will return to a battle of titans. That day is gonna be crazy though!

GBR!

Anyone here under 45, watch a copy of the "Game of the Century" (1971).

You just knew the last team with the ball would win it..I was 11 when I saw it and it imprinted on me so much, I forever subconsciously used it as my definition of Rivalry.

I also find it suspicious that the fall of Communism in Russia coincided with OU scrapping the Wishbone. <_<

We'll get that rivalry back once we're both in the top 10 on a consistent basis and both of us start playing in the conference championship game every year.