Bo's Blackshirt turnaround!

Nice Stats bhunt7 :clap

well, thank goodness most folks are being realists here...much higher level of play is first and foremost...more wins than losses, step 2....build to make a run 2-3 years from now...that's the ticket...anything better along the way is gravy...relax, give Bo some time now....

I agree Hunter...................whether we want to admit it or not Husker fans needed to be brought back down to earth a little bit to help with our unrealistic expectations. While it has been a painful road it has also made us more thankful for the teams from the past and made us realize that we need to be a little more realistic in the future.

I disagree; extremely high expectations can only be a good thing after your worst season in 50 yrs!

I don't belive the cupboards are bare on defense. A new attitude and scheme can swing a few more wins. And a win over VT could give us 8 or dare I say.......9 wins!

Extremely high expectations lead to impatience and a revolving door at the head-coaching position. All Husker fans need to have patience this time around and allow the program to grow and respond to the new coaching philosophy. JMO

Not to intelligent Husker Fans.

I, for one, did not need to go through the Cally experiment to fully appreciate past teams..(I went through and even survived the "Sooner Magic" years)

Unrealistic expectations is part of the fun of being a longtime Husker fan. (It makes the Eeyore's of the world easier to spot and avoid).

Do you really think Bo Pelini will consider anything less than championship seasons as being "Successful"?.

He may be slightly more on the realistic side, but I also believe he wants to win this season for this group of Sr's..Not hold back for a run in a couple of seasons...This isn't a boxing match (or career).

He strikes me as someone who hates to lose at anything!

While I chose to remember Husker fans as being smart enough to not do the revolving door thing with the Coaching staff, we should still be allowed to get our hopes up each and every Spring & Summer..It's our birthright.

If I cared anything about being right, I'd say 8-4..But I see us winning more than that..And I don't care who knows it.

:yeah:yeah

well, thank goodness most folks are being realists here...much higher level of play is first and foremost...more wins than losses, step 2....build to make a run 2-3 years from now...that's the ticket...anything better along the way is gravy...relax, give Bo some time now....

I agree Hunter...................whether we want to admit it or not Husker fans needed to be brought back down to earth a little bit to help with our unrealistic expectations. While it has been a painful road it has also made us more thankful for the teams from the past and made us realize that we need to be a little more realistic in the future.

I disagree; extremely high expectations can only be a good thing after your worst season in 50 yrs!

I don't belive the cupboards are bare on defense. A new attitude and scheme can swing a few more wins. And a win over VT could give us 8 or dare I say.......9 wins!

Extremely high expectations lead to impatience and a revolving door at the head-coaching position. All Husker fans need to have patience this time around and allow the program to grow and respond to the new coaching philosophy. JMO

Agreed, improvement takes time and patience.

GO BIG RED

Check the three losses, then put in Kansas, Missouri, VaTech, Texas Tech and Oklahoma in the rotation.

The team lost when it faced talent. We face more talent this year than we did in 2003.

Do we have the same level of talent as the 2003 team or are we lower.

Bo will turn it around, but I just do not see the giant improvement some are thinking.

7-5 looks real, maybe 8-4, but I doubt any better.

It's hard to say on the issue of talent. In 2003, there are quite a few of those players playing in the NFL right now. Will there be as many off of this squad in 4 or 5 years? I don't know, but for some reason I doubt it. I've always been of the opinion that BC's recruiting was way overrated. Unfortunately, it's going to take 4-5 years to really answer the question. The other thing missing from the turn around in 2002 to 2003 is that a lot of the players were the same. There's not that many players from last year returning this year. I think the front 4 will be good this year. The jury is still out on the LB's and secondary.

I personally believe we had more talent in 2003. Demario alone was a major difference. Is there anyone on this team that can even hold his jock? I have yet to see him.

We face a way tougher group of teams than in 2003, with far less experience, far less time together, and proven to be quitters if given the chance. I never saw the 2002 team just quit like we did last year. I drag that back to recruiting of NFL players or Nebraska players. BC sold the NFL, and most that he sold that to were not of that level, physically, or mentally it appears to me.

I truly feel Bo has his hands full with what is on the sidelines. If he wins more than 8 games this year he will bring the NC's back to Nebraska. He will be one of the best to walk the sidelines. Down on talent is one thing, but down on loyalty, dedication and drive are another thing. If he can motivate this group to strive for wins every second, we will return much quicker than most out there think. I wish him luck, but I do not envy his position at all.

I personally believe we had more talent in 2003. Demario alone was a major difference. Is there anyone on this team that can even hold his jock? I have yet to see him.

We face a way tougher group of teams than in 2003, with far less experience, far less time together, and proven to be quitters if given the chance. I never saw the 2002 team just quit like we did last year. I drag that back to recruiting of NFL players or Nebraska players. BC sold the NFL, and most that he sold that to were not of that level, physically, or mentally it appears to me.

I truly feel Bo has his hands full with what is on the sidelines. If he wins more than 8 games this year he will bring the NC's back to Nebraska. He will be one of the best to walk the sidelines. Down on talent is one thing, but down on loyalty, dedication and drive are another thing. If he can motivate this group to strive for wins every second, we will return much quicker than most out there think. I wish him luck, but I do not envy his position at all.

But you also have to keep in mind that attitude reflects leadership. We've had none the last four years. Teams can take on the character of their coach. Things which players got away with caused them to think they could go on getting away with them. Maybe once they find out that playing 75% or laying down and dying simply aren't acceptable, they'll get in gear. If not, they'll find the bench.

The coaches seem to think we have more talent than in 2003. Pelini's already begun solving the effort issue. I'm not a 10-win optimist by any means, but 7-5/8-4 are within reason, 9-3 is a miracle season.

...I truly feel Bo has his hands full with what is on the sidelines. If he wins more than 8 games this year he will bring the NC's back to Nebraska. He will be one of the best to walk the sidelines. Down on talent is one thing, but down on loyalty, dedication and drive are another thing. If he can motivate this group to strive for wins every second, we will return much quicker than most out there think. I wish him luck, but I do not envy his position at all.

:dunno

From an overall expectation standpoint, Bo is much better off coming back this season instead of getting the job right after Solich was fired.

True, we might not have ever had the losing seasons, but he probably would have been ridiculed after every bonehead call, or anytime he won less than 10 games..Then would have been run out of town for letting our team hover around mediocrity.

The way it is now, all most of us "Expect" is for the players to not quit..To give it their "best effort"..Stuff like that.

I can't help but be hopeful for upcoming seasons..More-so than usual.

I don't "expect" to win them all, but I also have hope that we'll win most of them and that players will get the most out of their talent and have a great college experience.

...I truly feel Bo has his hands full with what is on the sidelines. If he wins more than 8 games this year he will bring the NC's back to Nebraska. He will be one of the best to walk the sidelines. Down on talent is one thing, but down on loyalty, dedication and drive are another thing. If he can motivate this group to strive for wins every second, we will return much quicker than most out there think. I wish him luck, but I do not envy his position at all.

From an overall expectation standpoint, Bo is much better off coming back this season instead of getting the job right after Solich was fired.

True, we might not have ever had the losing seasons, but he probably would have been ridiculed after every bonehead call, or anytime he won less than 10 games..Then would have been run out of town for letting our team hover around mediocrity.

The way it is now, all most of us "Expect" is for the players to not quit..To give it their "best effort"..Stuff like that.

I don't "expect" to win them all, but I also have hope that we'll win most of them and that players will get the most out of their talent and have a great college experience.

:worship

:worship

This being Bo's first season I really dont have much for expectations. I feel the 1st and 2nd year are pretty much passes until the coach gets a system installed. However I do expect our guys to go out there and be head hunting maniacs. I want our defense putting there helmets in opponents earholes and ribcages. By the time the 2nd half comes around i want opposing offenses worrying about where they are going. Confidence is everything, last year there was no confidence, i fully dont expect that this year. Lets play with recklace abandon and let God sort em out boys! :restore