MU & KU Fans....

ray233

While I can definitely appreciate the idea behind this post, and it was a good way to spend a few minutes of the day, about the best I can do is wish you luck in convincing the Blue Kool-aiders to wake up and smell the thunderstorm. As far as I can see Kansas fans just don't seem to understand how easy they had it last year. Of the two worthwhile teams they played (Missouri and Virginia Tech), they lost one (Mizzou 36-28) by just about two touchdowns and beat the other (VT 24-21) by a field goal.

Well whoopie ding. I might actually splash some Husker Kool-aide out of the cup when I slam it down in astonishment. What an incredible season! This truly is the emergence of a dominant force that we have been waiting for in the sport of college football. This age of parity crap is flying right out the window now that the Mangino dynasty has begun. Blessed be the Jayhawks, who the scribes and the prophets foretold would come unto us.

But more to the point I'm trying to make: I'd just quit trying to explain little things like "facts" to the Jayhawk/Tiger crowd. They're not interested. The Kool-aide is sweet, don't forget. Huskers drank enough of it the last four years to remember. We overlooked a whole ton of little details which emerged from camps and so forth in favor of recruiting, rationalizing losses, and all that nonsense. What matters is what happens on the field this season.

I have not one inkling, shred, jot, iota, or tittle of a doubt that Kansas is about to come crashing back to earth like a blue-flamed meteorite dropping against the blackened night sky. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when. I'd mark my calendar for South Florida personally. If they don't get it done, I'm sure Oklahoma would be willing to oblige.

I do not agree with you, Just a few points of order...

1) Since when is 8 points about 2 touchdowns?

2) The VT game we downed the ball at the one to run out the clock. Putting it in was not really an issue, but we didn't. I am sure you probably do not remember that, but it is good to see mAngino's sportsmanship being rewarded by his win being belittled.

3) What an incredible season! as a sarcastic comment. Our 12-1 season is pretty darn good, even incredible. We had a great season. Sorry you do not think beating A&M at their place is worthwhile, killing you guys, destroying Central Michigan, beating CU in Boulder and O-State in Stillwater. I will grant you those aren't the best wins we could ever have, but they were good wins. It is not like playing the Big 12 is the little sisters of the poor. We could have had a harder schedule, if only we had had known we were going to be THAT good a few year beforehand while finding out you, CU and A&M would be having average years. We should get better at reading Tea Leaves and know that a huge win over teams like the Huskers are going to be worthless, years in advance.

4) Who is predicitng 12-1 again, the most optimistic Hawk I have seen on this board, the MOST, is saying 10. I am saying 9-8. MAybe I am missing one, but your citiation that we think we are some sort of Uber Dynasty reveals more about your own bitterness that anything I have read us saying.

Sorry for being excited about going 12-1 and winning our first BCS bowl, not to mention the huge improvement in to a legitimate Big 12 team...

Best of luck this year, look forward to an exciting game in Lincoln.

where di he say that you said that? not trying to be a jerk... maybe i'm just tired, but I'm not seeing it

3) What an incredible season! as a sarcastic comment. Our 12-1 season is pretty darn good, even incredible. We had a great season. Sorry you do not think beating A&M at their place is worthwhile, killing you guys, destroying Central Michigan, beating CU in Boulder and O-State in Stillwater. I will grant you those aren't the best wins we could ever have, but they were good wins. It is not like playing the Big 12 is the little sisters of the poor. We could have had a harder schedule, if only we had had known we were going to be THAT good a few year beforehand while finding out you, CU and A&M would be having average years. We should get better at reading Tea Leaves and know that a huge win over teams like the Huskers are going to be worthless, years in advance.

An incredible season is a bit of a stretch. Very good or solid might be better adjectives to describe that. The schedule wasn't full of powerhouse clubs, and this year, the schedule might very well expose weaknesses that went unnoticed last year.

Sorry for being excited about going 12-1 and winning our first BCS bowl, not to mention the huge improvement in to a legitimate Big 12 team...

Huge improvement into a legitimate Big 12 team, is once again, a bit of a stretch. You do realize that within a 6 game stretch, you could realistically go 1-5. I can see the Jayhawks going 8-4, probably more like 7-5. No reason to be sorry, just think about what you're saying.

A wise man once said, "life comes at you quick"...

While I can definitely appreciate the idea behind this post, and it was a good way to spend a few minutes of the day, about the best I can do is wish you luck in convincing the Blue Kool-aiders to wake up and smell the thunderstorm. As far as I can see Kansas fans just don't seem to understand how easy they had it last year. Of the two worthwhile teams they played (Missouri and Virginia Tech), they lost one (Mizzou 36-28) by just about two touchdowns and beat the other (VT 24-21) by a field goal.

Well whoopie ding. I might actually splash some Husker Kool-aide out of the cup when I slam it down in astonishment. What an incredible season! This truly is the emergence of a dominant force that we have been waiting for in the sport of college football. This age of parity crap is flying right out the window now that the Mangino dynasty has begun. Blessed be the Jayhawks, who the scribes and the prophets foretold would come unto us.

But more to the point I'm trying to make: I'd just quit trying to explain little things like "facts" to the Jayhawk/Tiger crowd. They're not interested. The Kool-aide is sweet, don't forget. Huskers drank enough of it the last four years to remember. We overlooked a whole ton of little details which emerged from camps and so forth in favor of recruiting, rationalizing losses, and all that nonsense. What matters is what happens on the field this season.

I have not one inkling, shred, jot, iota, or tittle of a doubt that Kansas is about to come crashing back to earth like a blue-flamed meteorite dropping against the blackened night sky. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when. I'd mark my calendar for South Florida personally. If they don't get it done, I'm sure Oklahoma would be willing to oblige.

2) The VT game we downed the ball at the one to run out the clock. Putting it in was not really an issue, but we didn't. I am sure you probably do not remember that, but it is good to see mAngino's sportsmanship being rewarded by his win being belittled.

4) Who is predicitng 12-1 again, the most optimistic Hawk I have seen on this board, the MOST, is saying 10. I am saying 9-8. MAybe I am missing one, but your citiation that we think we are some sort of Uber Dynasty reveals more about your own bitterness that anything I have read us saying.

1.) It isn't. I'm bad at math.

2.) Fantastic. The only quality team you beat you beat by a field goal and good sportsmanship.

3.) I have no idea what you were trying to get across with the last 3/4 of your point, but as to the first part, no, your 12-1 season was not by any means incredible. Kansas overachieved against weak, worthless opponents, and that includes the 2007 Huskers (although they did manage to make a mockery of your defense even as they were being thrashed).

4.) I don't know who's predicting 12-1. This was not an issue I raised in the post. Straw man argument. I'm not bitter about Kansas's success. I'm exhausted with Jayhawk cockiness. All my bitterness left with Callahan and Pederson.

No need to apologize. You should be proud of what Kansas accomplished. But pass along a word to your friends. The year was a one-time fluke, no more repeatable than if a MAC team won a BCS game and then transferred into the SEC and expected to do it again. I strongly believe Kansas is the proverbial Vanilla Ice of football. Eight wins is a rational expectation with the schedule you play. Probably a decline after that.

Oh, and I got a chuckle out of the "we played AtM at AtM and won" thing. I believe it was Fresno State who went into the home of the twelfth man last season and only lost in triple overtime.

well i kind of skimmed through the middle but i'd first say great post to ray, very good points and very true. to fro, i think you are right in saying mizzou fans are holding their breath a little bit, but not a lot.. but they SHOULD do better than anyone else in the north, they have the talent depth to do it.. its not at all a stretch to pick them to win the north. a heisman caliber qb will do that for you. as far as even 10 wins for Kansas.

Florida International - W

Louisiana Tech - W

@USF - L, Toss up, but i doubt you're gonna win being the 1st road test..

Sam Houston State - W

@Iowa State - W, but not as easy as you think

Colorado - W, but still, not as easy.

@Oklahoma - L, obviously

Texas Tech - L, tech is good. really. to think we put up that much, and you lose your Talib this year? watch out.

Kansas State - W

@Nebraska - W, i'll give you the win, because you'd just say i'm biased if i didn't. but we could EASILY beat you here.

Texas - L, not gonna happen

Missouri - L, yet again, they are just better

that is 5 losses. FIVE, with a win against nebraska. 7-5. maybe you win one of those losses some how, and thats 8-4. no where near 10 wins. still not even 9.

Kansas hopes and dreams will be coming back down to earth...

and whoever it was that commented on how she just got season tickets this year, and not before... how about the fact that she could just GET season tickets? as in, oh hey, i'd like season tickets. What??? how deep is our waiting list?

*also i bookmarked this for you*

...Kansas hopes and dreams will be coming back down to earth...

Then..This is probably the best time for them to talk "dynasty"...Before they get put back in their place.

No really, I haven't heard any smack talk from KS or MO fans, but then I don't run into many out here in AZ..

But I would imagine if any of you are getting hit by it, it's by fans that believe deep down that their sucess will be fleeting...And they better get their shots in while they can.

I hope Kansas can use last season to help turn their program around (again)..Even if it was done with smoke & mirrors.

Seems like Snyder used the same template at KSU for a nice little run..Well, nice in dog years.

Most legitmate Mizzou fans will not talk trash to NU fans. In fact most of us are looking at the game in Lincoln as a huge game, and that is only IF we get by Illinois. We have not beat NU in Lincoln in 30 years.

Until we exercise all the demons, we have done nothing. Until we win a Big 12 Championship (in any sport), we have done nothing. Until we play in a BCS game, we have done nothing.

This Tiger fan (Nebraska Native) very much respects the program that is Nebraska Football. Additionally, I do hope Pelini brings back the roar and re-establishes NU as an elite program. You may think I am crazy, but, I think Pinkel will get MU to become a annual top 10 program. Having all Big12 programs doing well will only make our conference that much better. I for one am tired of the SEC.

Most legitmate Mizzou fans will not talk trash to NU fans. In fact most of us are looking at the game in Lincoln as a huge game, and that is only IF we get by Illinois. We have not beat NU in Lincoln in 30 years.

Until we exercise all the demons, we have done nothing. Until we win a Big 12 Championship (in any sport), we have done nothing. Until we play in a BCS game, we have done nothing.

This Tiger fan (Nebraska Native) very much respects the program that is Nebraska Football. Additionally, I do hope Pelini brings back the roar and re-establishes NU as an elite program. You may think I am crazy, but, I think Pinkel will get MU to become a annual top 10 program. Having all Big12 programs doing well will only make our conference that much better. I for one am tired of the SEC.

I like how this Tiger fan thinks.

OUCH!!!!!!!

Do you really want me to post how many times we've killed you :box

Thank you for being humble. It's gets old when people get on here to talk trash and only have one legitimate good season to back it up. I agree with your statement about Mizzou getting by Illinois, Ron Zook had a knack at FL for beating teams he wasn't supposed to. Good luck in the upcoming year.

Thank you for being humble. It's gets old when people get on here to talk trash and only have one legitimate good season to back it up. I agree with your statement about Mizzou getting by Illinois, Ron Zook had a knack at FL for beating teams he wasn't supposed to. Good luck in the upcoming year.

I agree that MU will beat Illinois. The Illini do not watch up well against MU. I think the Tigers win by 14 points.

Ha, I'm bookmarking this page so when the Hawks don't reach their 10 (or 9) win season I can bring it back up.

Good luck!

I predicted 9 or 8, not 10. I have lots of Bets. I am looking forward ot the post of CY in a KU hat just if we have a winning season (not looking forward to a post with me in both ISU and NU gear, but I am a man of my word). Bookmark away. 7-5 could happen. Especially if reesing gets hurt. So could better than 9 wins. We almost beat Tech and UT 4 years ago, and we are A LOT more improved than they are (we were very mediocre then)

Ha, I'm bookmarking this page so when the Hawks don't reach their 10 (or 9) win season I can bring it back up.

Good luck!

I predicted 9 or 8, not 10. I have lots of Bets. I am looking forward ot the post of CY in a KU hat just if we have a winning season (not looking forward to a post with me in both ISU and NU gear, but I am a man of my word). Bookmark away. 7-5 could happen. Especially if reesing gets hurt. So could better than 9 wins. We almost beat Tech and UT 4 years ago, and we are A LOT more improved than they are (we were very mediocre then)

JG said 10 IIRC... and told us to bookmark it

Good luck!

JG said 10 IIRC... and told us to bookmark it

Yeah, he did. I just saw the post being under mine...

where di he say that you said that? not trying to be a jerk... maybe i'm just tired, but I'm not seeing it

I was responding to the inference that a loss or two will bring us back to earth. I am not sure about the predicitons of 8-4 not being legitimate. to be 9-3/8-4, 5-3 or 4-4 in the big 12 and aybe beat USF is a good football team. Maybe you guys are used to the Big 8, but winning seasons in the Big 12 and getting a nice non conf win is pretty good. Tech is 4-4 in the conference the last 2 years, without any other good wins in the regular season, and they are definitely legit, I read your board about how good they are. I know they can beat anyone in the conference. Maybe you guys are so used to dominant that you forgot what a normal definition of good is... Plus we will be better next year IMO, but we will see.