MU & KU Fans....

ray233

My brother was in Kansas a couple of weeks ago. I think the one most interesting thing about KU fans is the fact that they were all sporting KU football gear. While normally one wouldn't think twice about this as KU had an amazing football season last year, KU won the friggin NCAA BBall Championship. This would be like coming to Nebraska seeing everyone wearing BBall gear if we made the tournament after our football team just won the NC game.

The times in Lawrence are a changing boys. Regardless of how bad ya'll don't want to admit it. When my Hawks finish 10-2, and prove everyone wrong on this board, again for the second straight year, don't worry, I'll be back to blow my horn. Remember, the Jayhawks were picked to finish 4th in the North last year, with a 7-5 or 6-6 record. They finished 11-1. This year.....that's yet to be seen. But to say this team isn't battle tested is false. Winning at A&M is no easy task. Anyone who knows anything about college football would tell you that. And winning in Boulder has never been easy. Ask OU. KU played in two HUGE games..MU and Virginia Tech. Alot of KU's players returning have big game experience.

They'll be ready to take on the big boys from the south.

KU will go 2-1 against the Big 12 South this year. Book it. SAVE THIS POST!!! :koolaid2:

0-2 with the #1 team in the nation left from the south... i was waiting til i got my laptop back so i could find where i had it bookmarked......

Zombie.jpg

Gone grave diggin'? :lol:

Nebraska tradition isn't just football...we are good at nearly everything but basketball. Volleyball fans sell out the Coliseum for 90 some matches, Hawks Field is filled for baseball, the list goes on.

I really appreciated being a Husker when I was at the game in Ames, and our red stayed throughout the whole game.

I would stand behind what I wrote thanks much. I will grant you 9-8 wins had us getting one or two of the 5 ranked teams, and Texas is looking unlikely, and so is Mizzou. I still think we take out K-State and my fine friends to the north, but we will see. I think the USF game was pretty even, but we lost in the last second, those are the breaks. We played OU really well considering. Obvioulsy Tech was a DISASTER. I think our defense is worse than I expected, we returned almost everyone, and while I knew losing our defensive coordinator would be big, I did nto know it would be as bad as it was because this guy is an internal guy doing a lot fo the same stuff. That said, I do not think the evidence shows me to be a kool aid drinker. I still think we have some tough games left and if we have a losing record, I will be making pics with me in NU and ISU gear, which will hurt me to the soul.

Hypocrites! You can drink the red kool-aid to help you believe that you will beat OU this weekend, and not too mention the ridiculous 10/11 win season that was expected by some of you. Yep the skers are BCS bound this year... but we cant drink blue kool-aid cause we are just kansas fans???

I will support my team no matter what sport they are playing just like the big red fans will support the NU basketball even though they have no tradition.

As for a 10 win season, no it didn't happen. But we could very well be 7-2 right now, had our luck been a little better.(or our defense been a bit better <_< ) Sorry we couldn't completely collapse this year, and give you Jayhawks fans more bricks to help you rebuild your self image with. Maybe next year.

So please ease off the sour grapes a bit. I expect this rage AFTER we beat you next week, not before!

Hypocrites! You can drink the red kool-aid to help you believe that you will beat OU this weekend, and not too mention the ridiculous 10/11 win season that was expected by some of you. Yep the skers are BCS bound this year... but we cant drink blue kool-aid cause we are just kansas fans???

I will support my team no matter what sport they are playing just like the big red fans will support the NU basketball even though they have no tradition.

What do you expect when you come onto a site called HUSKERBOARD?

and people(other nu fans along with a few KU fans) called them out.

and let me also add that the poster specifically asked to to save the post in capital letters.....

I think you made your point in a very well written and thought out post

Yeah, points that have already been made ad nauseum on HB--so why bring it all up again?

MU/KU Fan sure have been quiet after their respective blowout losses to TX/TT is all I know... :yeah

I would stand behind what I wrote thanks much. I will grant you 9-8 wins had us getting one or two of the 5 ranked teams, and Texas is looking unlikely, and so is Mizzou. I still think we take out K-State and my fine friends to the north, but we will see. I think the USF game was pretty even, but we lost in the last second, those are the breaks. We played OU really well considering. Obvioulsy Tech was a DISASTER. I think our defense is worse than I expected, we returned almost everyone, and while I knew losing our defensive coordinator would be big, I did nto know it would be as bad as it was because this guy is an internal guy doing a lot fo the same stuff. That said, I do not think the evidence shows me to be a kool aid drinker. I still think we have some tough games left and if we have a losing record, I will be making pics with me in NU and ISU gear, which will hurt me to the soul.

:clap:worship:horns2

Good fan.

This point may have already been made so I apologize if it has......

First off, I hate that these Missouri fans think that they have suddenly been thrust into a different class in football...

The fact is that Missouri still loses the games that they are supposed to lose....(Texas) (lost badly!)

They lose the games that they are supposed to win (Okie State)

They drop the ball when they have a shot at a Big 12 Title

These little bits of success have given these fans a sense of invincibility....

They quote 03, 05, 07, & 08 Missouri scores (Vs. Nebraska) like we quote our National Championshiop Scores...

Competition in the Big 12 is great! And it is better to have a Missouri team that can compete than a Missouri team that is a joke, but lets be real.....

MISSOURI!!!! ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING...... OTHER THAN BEATING A REBOUNDING HUSKER FOOTBALL TEAM BEFORE MAKING THOSE "TIGER DYNASTY" T-SHIRTS!

Secondly......KU Fans..... (havent heard much from you recently)

that beating we took from you last year...that sucked..but you took one last week, so you know how it feels...lets hope for a good game two weeks from now.