MU & KU Fans....

ray233

What a great post. That was well written. I'm so impressed I don't know what to do with myself. Geeez. Thanks for clearing that up. I better just sit back and hope for a 6-6 campaign. Let me get this Orange bowl Champions shirt out of my closet because it was a fluke that we beat Virginia Tech, I mean, we played nobody all year and we're still not a good program.

I'm now Hoping for a trip to the Fort Worth Bowl, cause we're just not a good program. My gosh, I just hope we can field a team at this point. And crap, we lost 2 running backs in the last 2 weeks!! They're transfering because they know they won't see the field. Well gosh, we need all the help we can get though, cause we're not a good program. I mean, gosh, we're not a good program and last year was just a flash in the pan. I feel so stupid buying season tickets this year. I might as well trade them in and get Husker tickets because they're a "good program" and are destined to finish at least 2nd in the north and restore the order.

Nevermind our 11-1 regular season. How ridiculous. I have to learn that we played nobody. Oh wait a second, did we play Nebraska? Oh, well, last year doesn't count. I keep forgetting that. Bo is in Lincoln now and everything is fixed. OK, pass the Husker Kool-Aid cause I'm thirsty to start sipping.

Hey Guys, I even heard the other day that Bo runs a 4.3 40 yd dash and is competing for a linebacker job!! Sweet!! Expect the worst and hope for the best as a jayhawk fan. Thanks ray for getting me on track. Thanks for helping me know my roll.

Here's to lowering my expectations this year and pulling for a 6-6 Jayhawk Season. Fort Worth Bowl here we come!!! :sarcasm:rollin

:clap

JGS30 you have to admit that this was a well written post and I'm sure that this not only reflects on Mizzo and Kansas fans, I mean look at South Florida, right now they're drinking the kool-aid because they had a great season last year and they probably think that they have a great program too.

What Ray233 is trying to say is just because some teams had ONE good season doesn't necessarily mean that all of a sudden they are a good football program. Just as in life their are baby steps which Kansas is trying to do right now to become a great football program but you have to do it year after year after year. Nebraska has been dominant for the past 35 years and not counting Callahans down right awful years at Nebraska.

You not only see this stuff at Nebraska but at Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, Miami, etc. When they start to develope losing seasons, their fans start to get upset like Nebraska did this past season and coaches get fired because we expect WINNING seasons year after year.

Don't get me wrong I did root for Kansas when they played against Mizzo and against Virginia Tech and I was happy that Kansas had a great season but I still don't see a great football program for Kansas. You've proven that you can win 11 games on a week schedule, now 2008 is the time to prove everybody that you guys are for real on a harder schedule from last year. Good luck to your Jayhawks but you won't get any luck coming from me come November 8th in Lincoln.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :corndance:cheers

I dont really care about what they say thye are going to do this year... whatever. what I find humorous is them coming on the board and telling us that we are kidding ourselves if we think we can even COMPETE with them on our home field. They start yelling and screaming every time we even SUGGEST that it might be a close game. so I ask......who needs to show humility??

I would like to not it is NOT all the MU and KU fans. I think we have some pretty cool mu fans who really go out of their way to add to the board, and arent here simply to remind us of the score of last years game or tell us how terrible we will be this year.

While I can definitely appreciate the idea behind this post, and it was a good way to spend a few minutes of the day, about the best I can do is wish you luck in convincing the Blue Kool-aiders to wake up and smell the thunderstorm. As far as I can see Kansas fans just don't seem to understand how easy they had it last year. Of the two worthwhile teams they played (Missouri and Virginia Tech), they lost one (Mizzou 36-28) by just about two touchdowns and beat the other (VT 24-21) by a field goal.

Well whoopie ding. I might actually splash some Husker Kool-aide out of the cup when I slam it down in astonishment. What an incredible season! This truly is the emergence of a dominant force that we have been waiting for in the sport of college football. This age of parity crap is flying right out the window now that the Mangino dynasty has begun. Blessed be the Jayhawks, who the scribes and the prophets foretold would come unto us.

But more to the point I'm trying to make: I'd just quit trying to explain little things like "facts" to the Jayhawk/Tiger crowd. They're not interested. The Kool-aide is sweet, don't forget. Huskers drank enough of it the last four years to remember. We overlooked a whole ton of little details which emerged from camps and so forth in favor of recruiting, rationalizing losses, and all that nonsense. What matters is what happens on the field this season.

I have not one inkling, shred, jot, iota, or tittle of a doubt that Kansas is about to come crashing back to earth like a blue-flamed meteorite dropping against the blackened night sky. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when. I'd mark my calendar for South Florida personally. If they don't get it done, I'm sure Oklahoma would be willing to oblige.

:worship

this might be you being a poor loser right now. you can't handle that teams that were our punching bags for YEARS finally getting their chance in the sun. college football is cyclical. it's really hard for a team to have 9+ wins a season for 30+ years. we'll be back don't worry. just let it roll off your back.

jack,

I have no problem with the success of other teams in our division. It's great for the North and the Big12 as a whole for everyone in our conference to succeed.

I just think it's very premature for fans of a team like Kansas to start trumpeting things like "turning the corner", "power shifts in the North" and "shafted in the polls" after one successful season.

If there's one thing that shouldn't be taken as condescending, that's the facts:

KU's last six seasons:

2007: 11-1

2006: 6-6

2005: 7-5

2004: 4-7

2003: 6-7

2002: 2-10

KU's 2007 opponents:

W Central Michigan (8-5)

W Southeastern Louisiana (3-8)

W Toledo (5-7)

W Florida International (1-11)

W Kansas State (5-7)

W Baylor (3-9)

W Colorado (6-6)

W Texas A&M (7-5)

W Nebraska (5-7)

W Oklahoma State (6-6)

W Iowa State (3-9)

L Missouri (11-2)

Reality is that the great season Kansas had last year, included wins over seven teams with losing records. It's not that we simply can't respect Kansas as a winner, it's that we wouldn't be impressed with our own team with those results through that schedule.

We know it's not just about the record at the end of the season. It's about playing at a high-level and sustaining it. Kansas hasn't proven that. Don't temper your expectations, but please look objectively at the program you are and the programs you face.

With all the pride we have in Husker Nation, we too have to temper our expectations no matter how excited we are about the season.

Maybe I should have only addressed KU fans with this post.....I'm not ready to call Missouri a national power, but they do scare me a little this year.

:blink:

KU Head coach performance bonus criteria:

KU elite opponent criteria:

Central Michigan (8-5)

Southeastern Louisiana (3-8)

Toledo (5-7)

Florida International (1-11)

Kansas State (5-7)

Baylor (3-9)

Colorado (6-6)

Texas A&M (7-5)

Nebraska (5-7)

Okahoma State (6-6)

Iowa State (3-9)

Missouri (11-2)

I just read your other post JGS. I rather enjoyed your extreme sarcasm. As you can see above, I too am taking the high road.

:koolaid2:

Wow, I knew KU played a pretty weak schedule last season, but I guess I didn't actually look at it in terms of W-L. Overall: 63-82. Anyone who argues that KU had a strong schedule - or even an average schedule strength - last season is nuts (or a KU fan).

i think the best part that proves Ray's post is that JGS30 says she bought season tickets THIS YEAR!! if she had the kind of confidence and level of a fan of a good program rather than a one year wonder, she would have had them sooner...now she's drunk on kool aid

this might be you being a poor loser right now. you can't handle that teams that were our punching bags for YEARS finally getting their chance in the sun. college football is cyclical. it's really hard for a team to have 9+ wins a season for 30+ years. we'll be back don't worry. just let it roll off your back.

jack,

I have no problem with the success of other teams in our division. It's great for the North and the Big12 as a whole for everyone in our conference to succeed.

I just think it's very premature for fans of a team like Kansas to start trumpeting things like "turning the corner", "power shifts in the North" and "shafted in the polls" after one successful season.

If there's one thing that shouldn't be taken as condescending, that's the facts:

KU's last six seasons:

KU's 2007 opponents:

W Central Michigan (8-5)

W Toledo (5-7)

W Kansas State (5-7)

W Baylor (3-9)

W Colorado (6-6)

W Texas A&M (7-5)

W Nebraska (5-7)

W Oklahoma State (6-6)

W Iowa State (3-9)

L Missouri (11-2)

Reality is that the great season Kansas had last year, included wins over seven teams with losing records. It's not that we simply can't respect Kansas as a winner, it's that we wouldn't be impressed with our own team with those results through that schedule.

We know it's not just about the record at the end of the season. It's about playing at a high-level and sustaining it. Kansas hasn't proven that. Don't temper your expectations, but please look objectively at the program you are and the programs you face.

With all the pride we have in Husker Nation, we too have to temper our expectations no matter how excited we are about the season.

Maybe I should have only addressed KU fans with this post.....I'm not ready to call Missouri a national power, but they do scare me a little this year.

those fans can say those things because kansas and missouri look very very good this year. their teams are top 15 teams this year, can we say that?

jack,

KU's last six seasons:

KU's 2007 opponents:

W Central Michigan (8-5)

W Toledo (5-7)

W Kansas State (5-7)

W Baylor (3-9)

W Colorado (6-6)

W Texas A&M (7-5)

W Nebraska (5-7)

W Oklahoma State (6-6)

W Iowa State (3-9)

L Missouri (11-2)

those fans can say those things because kansas and missouri look very very good this year. their teams are top 15 teams this year, can we say that?

nope. weren't people saying similar things about us last year?? last year was last year. yes they do look good on paper, but a key injury or a bad roll here and there and their outlook would change. both teams would be devastated by a QB injury for example. i feel both will be good(MU very good) but no nothing is given here. just like I dont think you can just assume we cant win 8-9 games OR that we might not have a losing season again. people that think they know what is going to happen this year this early in are full of it.

jack,

KU's last six seasons:

KU's 2007 opponents:

W Central Michigan (8-5)

W Toledo (5-7)

W Kansas State (5-7)

W Baylor (3-9)

W Colorado (6-6)

W Texas A&M (7-5)

W Nebraska (5-7)

W Oklahoma State (6-6)

W Iowa State (3-9)

L Missouri (11-2)

I think that most MU fans are hoping for great things this year, but I also believe most of us are holding our collective breath. Last year was the first time there had not been a big letdown in a long time. If I remember right in 06 MU was 7-1 and finished 8-5. Thats just the life of a Tiger fan. I would say that at best I have a 'quite confidence' this year and a wait and see approach. Some fans are going to be out spoken, every team has that group. But like I said most of the Tiger fans I know are excited but still pretty contained.

Although if MU is unbeaten after Texas I think I will start to get really excited. THEN WATCH OUT HUSKER BOARD...THE TRAINS A COMIN' WHOO!! WHOO!! ;):w00t

jack,

KU's last six seasons:

KU's 2007 opponents:

W Central Michigan (8-5)

W Toledo (5-7)

W Kansas State (5-7)

W Baylor (3-9)

W Colorado (6-6)

W Texas A&M (7-5)

W Nebraska (5-7)

W Oklahoma State (6-6)

W Iowa State (3-9)

L Missouri (11-2)

Yeah , Kansas is starting out in the Top 15 but they will quickly drop as they are playing teams that can actually play football, unlike last year. As somebody else said, its not a matter of if, but a matter of when these KU fans will come crashing down to reality. You can sit there and say I'm jealous this or upset because of that and I won't care. You know why? Because I can sit back and see how terribly weak Kansas's schedule was last year, and how they don't actually match up well against a lot of teams they play this year. I'll be happy when I can say I told you so.

On the other hand, MU scares me. They have a good team, they played good teams last year and IMO should have gotten a BCS bid instead of Kansas. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou get a BCS bid this year or even win the conference.(This is saying a lot coming from somebody who hates MU almost as much as CU.)

My brother was in Kansas a couple of weeks ago. I think the one most interesting thing about KU fans is the fact that they were all sporting KU football gear. While normally one wouldn't think twice about this as KU had an amazing football season last year, KU won the friggin NCAA BBall Championship. This would be like coming to Nebraska seeing everyone wearing BBall gear if we made the tournament after our football team just won the NC game.

My brother was in Kansas a couple of weeks ago. I think the one most interesting thing about KU fans is the fact that they were all sporting KU football gear. While normally one wouldn't think twice about this as KU had an amazing football season last year, KU won the friggin NCAA BBall Championship. This would be like coming to Nebraska seeing everyone wearing BBall gear if we made the tournament after our football team just won the NC game.

The times in Lawrence are a changing boys. Regardless of how bad ya'll don't want to admit it. When my Hawks finish 10-2, and prove everyone wrong on this board, again for the second straight year, don't worry, I'll be back to blow my horn. Remember, the Jayhawks were picked to finish 4th in the North last year, with a 7-5 or 6-6 record. They finished 11-1. This year.....that's yet to be seen. But to say this team isn't battle tested is false. Winning at A&M is no easy task. Anyone who knows anything about college football would tell you that. And winning in Boulder has never been easy. Ask OU. KU played in two HUGE games..MU and Virginia Tech. Alot of KU's players returning have big game experience.

They'll be ready to take on the big boys from the south.

KU will go 2-1 against the Big 12 South this year. Book it. SAVE THIS POST!!! :koolaid2:

The times in Lawrence are a changing boys. Regardless of how bad ya'll don't want to admit it. When my Hawks finish 10-2, and prove everyone wrong on this board, again for the second straight year, don't worry, I'll be back to blow my horn. Remember, the Jayhawks were picked to finish 4th in the North last year, with a 7-5 or 6-6 record. They finished 11-1. This year.....that's yet to be seen. But to say this team isn't battle tested is false. Winning at A&M is no easy task. Anyone who knows anything about college football would tell you that. And winning in Boulder has never been easy. Ask OU. KU played in two HUGE games..MU and Virginia Tech. Alot of KU's players returning have big game experience.

They'll be ready to take on the big boys from the south.

KU will go 2-1 against the Big 12 South this year. Book it. SAVE THIS POST!!! :koolaid2:

i dont think you understand how hard it is to take that next step.... imo it is much tougher to take the step from good to great than it is to turn your program from bad to good. not saying it isnt possible, just that it is not easy at all.

While I can definitely appreciate the idea behind this post, and it was a good way to spend a few minutes of the day, about the best I can do is wish you luck in convincing the Blue Kool-aiders to wake up and smell the thunderstorm. As far as I can see Kansas fans just don't seem to understand how easy they had it last year. Of the two worthwhile teams they played (Missouri and Virginia Tech), they lost one (Mizzou 36-28) by just about two touchdowns and beat the other (VT 24-21) by a field goal.

Well whoopie ding. I might actually splash some Husker Kool-aide out of the cup when I slam it down in astonishment. What an incredible season! This truly is the emergence of a dominant force that we have been waiting for in the sport of college football. This age of parity crap is flying right out the window now that the Mangino dynasty has begun. Blessed be the Jayhawks, who the scribes and the prophets foretold would come unto us.

But more to the point I'm trying to make: I'd just quit trying to explain little things like "facts" to the Jayhawk/Tiger crowd. They're not interested. The Kool-aide is sweet, don't forget. Huskers drank enough of it the last four years to remember. We overlooked a whole ton of little details which emerged from camps and so forth in favor of recruiting, rationalizing losses, and all that nonsense. What matters is what happens on the field this season.

I have not one inkling, shred, jot, iota, or tittle of a doubt that Kansas is about to come crashing back to earth like a blue-flamed meteorite dropping against the blackened night sky. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when. I'd mark my calendar for South Florida personally. If they don't get it done, I'm sure Oklahoma would be willing to oblige.

I do not agree with you, Just a few points of order...

1) Since when is 8 points about 2 touchdowns?

2) The VT game we downed the ball at the one to run out the clock. Putting it in was not really an issue, but we didn't. I am sure you probably do not remember that, but it is good to see mAngino's sportsmanship being rewarded by his win being belittled.

3) What an incredible season! as a sarcastic comment. Our 12-1 season is pretty darn good, even incredible. We had a great season. Sorry you do not think beating A&M at their place is worthwhile, killing you guys, destroying Central Michigan, beating CU in Boulder and O-State in Stillwater. I will grant you those aren't the best wins we could ever have, but they were good wins. It is not like playing the Big 12 is the little sisters of the poor. We could have had a harder schedule, if only we had had known we were going to be THAT good a few year beforehand while finding out you, CU and A&M would be having average years. We should get better at reading Tea Leaves and know that a huge win over teams like the Huskers are going to be worthless, years in advance.

4) Who is predicitng 12-1 again, the most optimistic Hawk I have seen on this board, the MOST, is saying 10. I am saying 9-8. MAybe I am missing one, but your citiation that we think we are some sort of Uber Dynasty reveals more about your own bitterness that anything I have read us saying.

Sorry for being excited about going 12-1 and winning our first BCS bowl, not to mention the huge improvement in to a legitimate Big 12 team...

Best of luck this year, look forward to an exciting game in Lincoln.