DE Jason Pierre-Paul (JUCO)

We will take 1 more DL player, so I have read. This guy maybe a back up plan.

:yeah

Heimuli is probably first choice (well Adams, but he dropped Nebraska), but with Ankrah's potential versatility, another DE would work too.

By my count, we seem to be pressing on 2 DT's, Heimuli and Tuihalamaka, and 2 DE's, Logan and Pierre-Paul. It seems like we have a great shot at Logan and Pierre-Paul. I am not sure on Heimuli and frankly can't get a read on Tuihalamaka, maybe Martinez talks him into coming to NU? That all being said, if we are only taking 1, which one does the staff prefer? I assume a DT since we have a couple of DE's already commited, but if 2-3 of these guys try to commit does the staff take them all considering some of the possible academic causulties that might occur?

Tuihalamaka's grades are supposed to be pretty shaky, and if his grades start looking better maybe other teams start offering him. Hard to get a read there. There have been rumors of

On rivals Talman thinks Logan has the frame to add size and play DT. Maybe we look in that direction.

I have also heard that he may want to head out of state. It is confirmed he'll be visiting k state but i don't think they have a serious chance of landing him... unless he really wants to be a part of JUCO U. I think the most obvious choice for this guy is Nebraska if he heads out of Florida. I like the 3 for 2... I only wonder why we had Jacquain Williams visit with him and Kinnie and then never followed up on the guy. I think this would be a great get for us and Bo... IMO, his style is to get really nasty players up front that put serious heat on QB's, and just drop his athletic, aggresive back 7 (minus whoever's blitzing) back to play the ball.

We've cooled some on a 5-star DE that could contribute right awawy?

It is true.

I think there is a bigger need for another DT in this class than getting a third DE.

Wow that's really surprising, considering they aren't sure if Ankrah will play DT or DE and Ankrah in an interview said that he would play where ever the coaches think he would best suit him and the team. I think it would be a mistake as well cooling on this guy, unless he is not taking us seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

any news on whether he's choosing us or South Florida?

We supposedly backed-off a bit, I think preferring to get a high school DE that could move inside to DT in Bennie Logan. KSU is supposed to be hard after JPP. But after losing Young I'd bet we start chasing him hard again. Now we really need close on Logan or JPP.