What i'm seeing...

walksalone

You guys are serious in need of a friggin' hobby...

I know we're all serious fans on the board with opinions and the majority of the time make very sound and solid points.

I've read a few of these post game threads, and a fair portion of you have the wheels coming off this team and on the train to "Callahanville". Granted for the better portion of this game, we had a hell of a fight on our hands, and we should have beaten them more soundly than we did.

But, it's the second game of the season folks. I say again, the second game of the season.

I really don't think you know what kind of team that you have until possibly the 4th or 5th game of the season. Those two games just happen to be Va Tech and Mizzou.

Next week, I believe more mistakes will be remedied, and next saturday when we play New Mexico State, things will be better. This year we have a coach that has something that we were sorely lacking last year. That is the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

I thought that football was a hobby.

Apparently you're not paying attention to the board...

So, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play...

I agree with a lot of what is being said about our team. But, like everyone has said, "It's too early, and it's a new system". We have to flush out Callahan completely. Which means new players and new attitude. Some of these guys were recruited for a more finese type of system. For example, Lucky looks like a typical West Coast back. Catches the ball out of the backfield and read and react. Helu, looks like someone who wants contact. Much harder runner than Lucky.

But, we got plenty of chicken littles on this board. As soon as something goes south, folks jump all over the team. How can any question the coaches this soon? It is early. There will be plenty of mistakes. It happens. I remember when Frazier was qb early on, people were ripping him because he couldn't pass. It was unjustified. Now look.

Be happy we have some tough games AT HOME! If we can correct these mistakes, we will shock the world. I am telling you. Gotta have faith. TO is here, BO understands what it means to play defense. Heck, people at LSU were complaining about him during the season. All he did was bring home a National Championship. Be patient folks.

I want to know this though, who's fault is it for crappy tackling and blown blocking assignments? Because the last 4 years all of those errors were on the coaches so I ask are they this year as well?

Bo himself said it was the coaches fault in his post game...

That in itself is better than last year and makes you think it might get addressed.

That IS new <_<

Over the last 4 years, I thought is was ALWAYS due to a lack of execution, not coaching or scheme. Funny how things change.

I agree with a lot of what is being said about our team. But, like everyone has said, "It's too early, and it's a new system". We have to flush out Callahan completely. Which means new players and new attitude. Some of these guys were recruited for a more finese type of system. For example, Lucky looks like a typical West Coast back. Catches the ball out of the backfield and read and react. Helu, looks like someone who wants contact. Much harder runner than Lucky.

But, we got plenty of chicken littles on this board. As soon as something goes south, folks jump all over the team. How can any question the coaches this soon? It is early. There will be plenty of mistakes. It happens. I remember when Frazier was qb early on, people were ripping him because he couldn't pass. It was unjustified. Now look.

Be happy we have some tough games AT HOME! If we can correct these mistakes, we will shock the world. I am telling you. Gotta have faith. TO is here, BO understands what it means to play defense. Heck, people at LSU were complaining about him during the season. All he did was bring home a National Championship. Be patient folks.

I agree completely with this man. Its early, there will always be a ton of mistakes with YOUNG teams. Ill be concerned if we have trouble with Baylor deep into the season. Right now, its a win and thats all that matters. Mistakes can be corrected. Don't anyone go slit their wrists or anything dumb like that.

I agree completely with this man. Its early, there will always be a ton of mistakes with YOUNG teams. Ill be concerned if we have trouble with Baylor deep into the season. Right now, its a win and thats all that matters. Mistakes can be corrected. Don't anyone go slit their wrists or anything dumb like that.

i agree. its early, bo is tryin to change the culture that these players have been part of the last few years with that "coach who wont be named". its gonna take some time, everyone should just get behind the team and support them like we always have GO BIG RED!

even IF we get by VT......we just plain don't match up well with Missouri.

remember, Daniels said we played like high school kids last year...his team, if anything, has gotten better......honestly, honestly, we don't have a snowballs change in hell of beating Missouri......reality.

Neither did Appy St against MEEEEchigan last year, or ISU that one time 20 or so years ago against NU (sorry, Cy)

Probably won't happen, but things happen.

***SNIP*****

Next week, I believe more mistakes will be remedied, and next saturday when we play New Mexico State, things will be better. This year we have a coach that has something that we were sorely lacking last year. That is the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Gunny Hightower = = Bo Pelini

198473.jpg==75013_Bo-Pelini5.JPG

***SNIP*****

Gunny Hightower = = Bo Pelini

198473.jpg==75013_Bo-Pelini5.JPG

Hooah

even IF we get by VT......we just plain don't match up well with Missouri.

remember, Daniels said we played like high school kids last year...his team, if anything, has gotten better......honestly, honestly, we don't have a snowballs change in hell of beating Missouri......reality.

Don't you think that Bo is going to let these guys know that he said this about them? He is definately going to remind them about him saying that crap and get them pumped up to drive him into the ground as often as possible. Him making a comment like that, while it was true, is disrespectful as hell and makes him earn an a$$ beating as far as I'm concerned.

The most concerning part of the team so far, as far as I'm concerned, is the offense. We really need to get our O-line together. I thought there were a few holes there for the running backs. Infact if you watch it again, Lucky had a few spots that he should have hit like a frieght train. He didn't and just doesn't have the will and field vision for that. I would put him in as a receiver and watch him spread the field with his speed. I don't think he will be a RB in the nfl at all or at least not very long. QC is a big back and did hit a few defenders very hard. If he can get his fumbling under control, I think he can be very good. The bottom line for the running game is to get Helu in there for an entire half. He is the RB we should be starting and letting him get in a rythm. That would help the O-line's confidence as well. Every time he came in the game, we moved down field like we should. Helu needs to start and be the main back period.

Now on Defense: It was said in an interview that these guys have been practicing very well. Infact one coach said they are all over these kids in practice and it kind of forces them to play the way the coaches want them to. Then the comment was made that, durring the games they sometimes fall back into bad habbits. I think the short and skinny of it is, you can't change long time habbits over night. It will take time. I think the coaches have what it takes, they just need time. I was very disapointed in the defense most of the game. But I do have confidence that they will get better with time. One thing I did see is 4-5-6 players around the ball durring a tackle. Defensive linemen were 15 yards down field in on tackles. I saw QC block two people when Paul scored. Receivers were blocking 15-20 yards down field. Infact I saw Slauson blocking 15 yeards down field twice. That simply did not happen last year.

BTW I watched the game with the Sue and Slauson families. :) You can imagine the excitement when Sue rumbled 49 yards for the score. VERY NICE!

GBR

This year we have a coach that has something that we were sorely lacking last year. That is the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

While I THINK that is the case, after TWO games against poor teams, I can't say that.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

I was in disbelief at the two procedure penalties, and the delay of game penalty that made it 3rd and a couple miles

Didn't the Colts pull the same exact move in the red zone against the Bears the other night? OK it was timeout to avoid the delay of game, then a false start, and then a delay of game. Anyway, one thing the Colts and Huskers have in common is new starters on the Offensive Line.

The most concerning part of the team so far, as far as I'm concerned, is the offense. We really need to get our O-line together. I thought there were a few holes there for the running backs. Infact if you watch it again, Lucky had a few spots that he should have hit like a frieght train. He didn't and just doesn't have the will and field vision for that. I would put him in as a receiver and watch him spread the field with his speed. I don't think he will be a RB in the nfl at all or at least not very long. QC is a big back and did hit a few defenders very hard. If he can get his fumbling under control, I think he can be very good. The bottom line for the running game is to get Helu in there for an entire half. He is the RB we should be starting and letting him get in a rythm. That would help the O-line's confidence as well. Every time he came in the game, we moved down field like we should. Helu needs to start and be the main back period.

Now on Defense: It was said in an interview that these guys have been practicing very well. Infact one coach said they are all over these kids in practice and it kind of forces them to play the way the coaches want them to. Then the comment was made that, durring the games they sometimes fall back into bad habbits. I think the short and skinny of it is, you can't change long time habbits over night. It will take time. I think the coaches have what it takes, they just need time. I was very disapointed in the defense most of the game. But I do have confidence that they will get better with time. One thing I did see is 4-5-6 players around the ball durring a tackle. Defensive linemen were 15 yards down field in on tackles. I saw QC block two people when Paul scored. Receivers were blocking 15-20 yards down field. Infact I saw Slauson blocking 15 yeards down field twice. That simply did not happen last year.

BTW I watched the game with the Sue and Slauson families. :) You can imagine the excitement when Sue rumbled 49 yards for the score. VERY NICE!

GBR

Suh..

Not Sue... lol