The next 3 games will tell us who we are.

macroboy

Our record after the next 3 games.  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say 5 and 1. We have Mizzou at home. Yes they are very very good but we are steadily getting better with the off weak this weak and time to prepare. Back to back home games and momentum going in.....

Just sayin that I think the Mizzou game will be closer than people think.

Tech on the road worries me at this point. But hey its just speculation...

I would think that NU should prepare for VT this week. Mu on the other hand is off next week and will have 2 weeks to get ready.

Plus lets look at this with clear colored glasses. If NU was #5 in the country and MU was ranked in the 30's, had yet to play a team in the top #80 in the country and had struggled at times against those teams, was coming off a 5-7 season and had a new coach with no previous head coaching experiance. What chances would you give the Tigers of pulling off the upset at home?

You all would be rollin on the floor laughing at me if i made claims of victory or saying things like some of you say. I am not saying NU has no chance, but seriously people, just look at it.

I see your points and they are very valid. Just trying to be optimistic I guess.

I say 5 and 1. We have Mizzou at home. Yes they are very very good but we are steadily getting better with the off weak this weak and time to prepare. Back to back home games and momentum going in.....

I would think that NU should prepare for VT this week. Mu on the other hand is off next week and will have 2 weeks to get ready.

Plus lets look at this with clear colored glasses. If NU was #5 in the country and MU was ranked in the 30's, had yet to play a team in the top #80 in the country and had struggled at times against those teams, was coming off a 5-7 season and had a new coach with no previous head coaching experiance. What chances would you give the Tigers of pulling off the upset at home?

You all would be rollin on the floor laughing at me if i made claims of victory or saying things like some of you say. I am not saying NU has no chance, but seriously people, just look at it.

brutally honest assessment....

for daddy I made that same scenario the other day. If you look at it like that is really does sound stupid.

I have no idea how we will do against the Tigers, but I am sure both will give the best that they have. I am impressed with the way the kids have bought in. My son lives in Columbia and works out with one of the coaches that game over from Michigan. They were worried about their running ability, but he (the coach) said they have never had kids work any harder than this group. They really want it. I doubt we will see any quit in them this year.

I only hope we can play well and be respectable. That is all I am asking from Coach Pelini, give it time, we need it.

for daddy I made that same scenario the other day. If you look at it like that is really does sound stupid.

I have no idea how we will do against the Tigers, but I am sure both will give the best that they have. I am impressed with the way the kids have bought in. My son lives in Columbia and works out with one of the coaches that game over from Michigan. They were worried about their running ability, but he (the coach) said they have never had kids work any harder than this group. They really want it. I doubt we will see any quit in them this year.

I only hope we can play well and be respectable. That is all I am asking from Coach Pelini, give it time, we need it.

yeah, i wasn't trying to be a party pooper or a buzz kill or anything. just something that i got to thinking about. Truth is I think NU will be alright. I really like their chances next week against VT. And as I said in another post, anything can happen. Tiger fans know that more than most.

I am just happy to have a team that works and plays hard. NU will give it their all, MU will too. As you said give it time. That is the hardest thing, but I think showing the patience now with BP will pay off down the road.

how many people are suggesting we will win that game? a hand full at best. do you really need to jump up and down every time it is suggested? on a Nebraska board no less? you are good.... we arent. we get it. most of us here think we will win 1(or less) of the next 3. just look at the poll

Hmmm, when you make a prediction, don't you assume each team will be playing well--up to their respective ability? Then it's just a matter of deciding who has the best team, which includes coaching.

Making a unit vs unit analysis helps too, which, for e.g., might include one team's ability to force turnovers

and overcome adversity. Also, 'think HORSES and not ZEBRAS'!

So, we'll go 4-2 folks; beat VT and lose hard fought battles to MO and TT.

We just don't have the 'horses' to beat the latter 2 this yr... :boxosoap