Missouri Game

I figured it would take as many 15 yard personal fouls as needed to put Chase out.

But seriously I think these three things would be good starts for the Big Red.

1. Somehow find a running game to eat clock and keep Mizzou off the field.

2. Kick no where near Maclain. I about puked watching Macho Harris catch a damn punt in the middle of the field which easily set up returns and flipped field position all night long. Maclain is 50 times the returner so dammit Titchner and Adi that ball better not go in the same time zone as that guy. This may help us with field position and maybe screw with Maclain's head a little.

3. Good old choke Pinkle shows up to coach. This cat used to do nothing but get in his own and his teams way. Hopefully he over coaches the team this week and out coaches himself with a stupid game plan. I don't think this happens but who knows.

There needs to be controlled aggression. Mistake free football, no turnovers. I think the running game needs to be established to give the offense a breather and so the offense gets some confidence. The defense needs to be able to get some pressure on Daniel and cause a turnover or two. I think Nebraska is capable of pulling off the stunner, but they need to play absolutely perfect in order to do so. Unfortunately, last night was far from perfect(and they still almost won). Perhaps that is a reason for optimism?

We've just got to "BO"lieve that we will kick their "BO"oty. Hopefully Daniels eats to many "BO"ogers the night before and he can't play.

Throw the "BO"nes

Drive a "BO"at

Man I'm "BO"red

Seriously though we can't have any breakdowns, none. We can't afford to turn the ball over and we have to have some turnovers............I mean take aways. A good special team play or two wouldn't hurt either.

Best thing about the Missouri game is it's at home, it will be loud, and all we can hope is that our offense clicks. There could be a lot of points scored, and it could come down to whoever has the ball last.

The game time helps as well because some of the regulars(old timers that sit with their arms crossed) can't stay out that late because they have to get up on Sunday morning for the early bird special. Hopefully some yellers will purchase some tickets to replace the smell of moth balls and hard candy. <_<:sarcasm

Best thing about the Missouri game is it's at home, it will be loud, and all we can hope is that our offense clicks. There could be a lot of points scored, and it could come down to whoever has the ball last.

The game time helps as well because some of the regulars(old timers that sit with their arms crossed) can't stay out that late because they have to get up on Sunday morning for the early bird special. Hopefully some yellers will purchase some tickets to replace the smell of moth balls and hard candy. <_<:sarcasm

Awesome.

1. Don't give up big plays. Hold them to field goals if possible. They can rack up yards, but keep the game within reach for our offense.

2. Blitz. Blitz a whole heapin' helpin'. Bring out all of the stuff you've been saving so far. Rattle Daniel and get into his head.

3. Run. The. Ball.

Sadly, I think we have low odds of doing any of those things very well.

It's possible to win the game because anyone can win a game given the right circumstances.

Three keys to winning:

1. Secondary needs to contain their receivers and not blow assignments.

2. Defense needs to get pressure on Daniels and not allow him all day to throw.

3. Offense needs to have long sustaining drives and keep MU's offense off of the field and our defense off of the field.

Offense:

Convert on 3rd down.

Be able to run the ball on them and chew clock.

Keep MU's offense off the field.

Do not turn it over.

Give them poor field position.

Make all our kicks.

Defense:

Stop them on 3rd down.

Keep Daniel on his back or at least pressure him consistently.

Contain Maclin.

Get at least 2 turnovers.

Get a defensive score.

Do not give up big yardage plays.

There is a lot to get done this week, folks!