Unofficial MU smack talk.......

By the way...I can't wait for Missouri to drop a game or two this season.

Or for the Huskers to drop 6-7 <_<

:)

Yes, the Huskers could very well drop 6 or 7 this year and we wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

You, however, seem to have this elitist attitude that your team was ordained by God himself, so when you lose one or two, it'll be that much more sweet.

So please, keep up with your "We're waay better than you, always have always will attitude", it's kind of nice.

Yes, the Huskers could very well drop 6 or 7 this year and we wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

You, however, seem to have this elitist attitude that your team was ordained by God himself, so when you lose one or two, it'll be that much more sweet.

So please, keep up with your "We're waay better than you, always have always will attitude", it's kind of nice.

What gives you that idea about me. Because I'm a smart ass? I havent been posting here a real long time time but this would be the first time i have had that said to me.

If you get upset because I said something thats true, thats your issue. The only thing that I think you could EVEN begin to take issue with is I still believe MU's D is better than NU's. Thats my opinion. We will see by the end of the year. If im wrong I'll own it. Because I will still be here talking football.

BTW, I would take 10 wins any year my friend chuckleshuffle

didnt you hear, MU is the only sure thing in college football this year and for the next 200 years.

Nebraska will never........NEVER...........win another big 12 north title let alone a national title.

they are invincible we are cupcakes.

TAH will tear you apart brother! they take their vitamins and they get their exercise brother!

:sarcasm

didnt you hear, MU is the only sure thing in college football this year and for the next 200 years.

Nebraska will never........NEVER...........win another big 12 north title let alone a national title.

TAH will tear you apart brother! they take their vitamins and they get their exercise brother!

NOW I KNOW you are not talking about my posts with that one :bs:

I got burned last weekend for putting my money where my mouth is on a Husker win. AND have said a number of times I think NU goes 7-5 this season and will be back.

Quit piling on guys, your hurting my feelings now :lol:

Ahhhh crap...cupcakes. Well if Missouri is invinclible, guess I'll start looking for a non Big 12 team to support.

NOW I KNOW you are not talking about my posts with that one :bs:

I got burned last weekend for putting my money where my mouth is on a Husker win. AND have said a number of times I think NU goes 7-5 this season and will be back.

Quit piling on guys, your hurting my feelings now :lol:

You're kind of bringing it upon yourself.

And I'm not upset at all about your comments. You can say what you want to say, you're a big boy. If you think that Missouri's D is better than ours, that's fine. And actually, my comments to you weren't about that, they were more about you saying that NU could lose 6 or 7. I thought that was clear in my post as that was the comment I addressed of yours.

But, to make this easier, would you rather us just bow down and declare Missouri the Gods of college football? Would that make you feel better?

I have watched Fros posts. He has tryed real hard on several occasions to put a positive spin on things. He will give you his opinion, which is welcome.

We have a couple Mizzou posters here who even though there is a "tension" between our teams who have provided banter.

I encourage it. Keep it clean and post away.

Just remember Missouri fans that we all have our rose colored glasses on.. This is a HUSKER board so have thick skin....

Thanks OKC

Guys, I hate to be that guy but, this is exactly what everyone else hated about us when we were good. If we have a right to say we will be back because of our history (which I wholeheartedly agree, we have too much money in the program not to recover) they have the right to say they are the new Nebraska. Until we prove otherwise, or unless you can stop yourself from making the same type of comments when we are back, we have to let it go.

On the other hand, it is funny (not pointing at any one on this board) that KU and MU fans are suddenly feeling sorry for NU and telling us they think we are almost there. They don't even know what there is for Nebraska. We are almost to what MU and KU have been, not to where they are now, and even farther from what we consider acceptable. Sorry to be harsh, but we won't accept it until we win a conference title again, something neither of them has ever done.

Guys, I hate to be that guy but, this is exactly what everyone else hated about us when we were good. If we have a right to say we will be back because of our history (which I wholeheartedly agree, we have too much money in the program not to recover) they have the right to say they are the new Nebraska. Until we prove otherwise, or unless you can stop yourself from making the same type of comments when we are back, we have to let it go.

On the other hand, it is funny (not pointing at any one on this board) that KU and MU fans are suddenly feeling sorry for NU and telling us they think we are almost there. They don't even know what there is for Nebraska. We are almost to what MU and KU have been, not to where they are now, and even farther from what we consider acceptable. Sorry to be harsh, but we won't accept it until we win a conference title again, something neither of them has ever done.

No they cannot claim that they are the new NU, im sorry but 1 year of success for either team does not equal 30+ years of dominance.......it just doesnt.

By the way FRO DADDY i was not actually talking about you with my post, just MU fans in general more directly the fans on tigerboard.com. im not saying that you cant be excited but i do think that some MU fans are in for a real heartbreak WHEN they start losing again, the history just isnt there for them to be competitive year after year again.

i might be wrong but i see MU having a good year once every 4-5 years and averaging 6-8 wins in other years. we shall see.

Good luck Fro, as far as im concerned (homer) you are gonna need it this weekend.

No they cannot claim that they are the new NU, im sorry but 1 year of success for either team does not equal 30+ years of dominance.......it just doesnt.

By the way FRO DADDY i was not actually talking about you with my post, just MU fans in general more directly the fans on tigerboard.com. im not saying that you cant be excited but i do think that some MU fans are in for a real heartbreak WHEN they start losing again, the history just isnt there for them to be competitive year after year again.

i might be wrong but i see MU having a good year once every 4-5 years and averaging 6-8 wins in other years. we shall see.

Good luck Fro, as far as im concerned (homer) you are gonna need it this weekend.

I cant stand tigerboard. Too many jackasses. There is very little football talk. Just a bunch of crazy BS and firefights with KU fan. And I AM A MU FAN. So I totally understand where your coming from on that.

I dont think MU is going to be some 10 win team every year. But I dont see them falling to 6 very often. I think they will continue to hover between 8-10 with some years worse, some better. Really it all hinges on what happens in the next two years. Gabbert or Dalton will need to play well. IF MU can continue to be productive over the next two then I think they are here to stay. They have already passed the '2' year test. They failed that horribly after Corby Jones and Brock Olivo in 97&98. But under Pinkel MU has been on a pretty steady climb up from the cellar since 02. (with the exception of an awful 04 season). But ofcourse that all depends. I don't think Pinkel is going anywhere, but if the OC Christianson leaves, it will depend on how they replace the guy who has been GP's right hand man.

Really I think the North is going to be a cycle with NU/MU/CU and maybe even KU taking turns beng the top dog. I really think it is more fun that way anyway. BUT i never got to be top dog for years on end either :)

Anyway Husker fans, I enjoy the banter, enjoy getting an opposing veiw. have fun at the game or watching it on TV. I know i will ;)

I cant stand tigerboard. Too many jackasses. There is very little football talk. Just a bunch of crazy BS and firefights with KU fan. And I AM A MU FAN. So I totally understand where your coming from on that.

I dont think MU is going to be some 10 win team every year. But I dont see them falling to 6 very often. I think they will continue to hover between 8-10 with some years worse, some better. Really it all hinges on what happens in the next two years. Gabbert or Dalton will need to play well. IF MU can continue to be productive over the next two then I think they are here to stay. They have already passed the '2' year test. They failed that horribly after Corby Jones and Brock Olivo in 97&98. But under Pinkel MU has been on a pretty steady climb up from the cellar since 02. (with the exception of an awful 04 season). But ofcourse that all depends. I don't think Pinkel is going anywhere, but if the OC Christianson leaves, it will depend on how they replace the guy who has been GP's right hand man.

Really I think the North is going to be a cycle with NU/MU/CU and maybe even KU taking turns beng the top dog. I really think it is more fun that way anyway. BUT i never got to be top dog for years on end either :)

Anyway Husker fans, I enjoy the banter, enjoy getting an opposing veiw. have fun at the game or watching it on TV. I know i will ;)

nice reply sir!

Missouri is only one Chase Daniel broken arm or leg away from being Iowa State...except without teeth.

That's probably something he should remember when he and his understudy speak about any opponent. Especially the psychotic ones.... <_<

Cy cy cy, come on, does ISU have a Maclin, Alexander, Coffman or Washington?

Just asking??????