So sick....

ray233

I agree, I still love Bo. Love him. His press conferences are TRUTH and give me hope for the future. Callahan made we want to give up hope.

Oh yeah. And I was at the game, and for all you fans who left early...you don't deserve to to wear red or sit in the same stadium as our players. Next Time don't even go if you'll leave when we are down. (and I know some people on this board must have left early) that makes me so mad. We aren't fair weather fans.

Oh, and BTW...don't be an American if you disagree what the president is doing too. Gimmie a break. Dissilusion should be classified as a disease.

I just love when I get hammered on here or by my friends when I started the season saying "Um...well...I honestly think we'll be lucky to have a winning season". I'm not saying it won't improve with time...just lay off those of us that actually see what is on the field and how it compares to the other 100+ teams in the BCS.

My man...take a chill pill. First off, I never said I think our team is good. In fact I never said ANYTHING about the status of our team. If you want to know, honestly, I think we flat out suck right now compared to where we should be, and think we are. That doesn't mean I won't support our players/coaches though. I would say the same thing for America too. If you run out of the country now just cause the economy is kinda crappy, then I think you might as well pick up and move on to another country. In college football its the same story. There is something different about Nebraska. We are fans even through really...REALLY crappy times (now). If you can't support our guys through rough times, then be a Kansas fan.

Does it really matter who's right, or who's wrong in all this?

We have a coach that accepts responsiblity, and doesn't refer to us as a bunch of hillbillies or something like that. I know we're better off than we were a year ago and this is going to take longer than some might expect or like.

It's a bit naive to think he was going to come in and sprinkle some fairy dust, and we'd be in a BCS bowl. Bo has to fix a lot of things that were left by the previous regime.

But i'm going to hang tough with the coaching staff now. There's a no BS accountability that i can respect.

I agree, I still love Bo. Love him. His press conferences are TRUTH and give me hope for the future. Callahan made we want to give up hope.

Oh yeah. And I was at the game, and for all you fans who left early...you don't deserve to to wear red or sit in the same stadium as our players. Next Time don't even go if you'll leave when we are down. (and I know some people on this board must have left early) that makes me so mad. We aren't fair weather fans.

Well, it was late at night...and I'm sure alot of Husker fans needed to make last call pretty badly. ;)

Damn the stadium was only about half full in the 4th quarter. I for some reason stuck around to the bitter end and then watched the team leave the field. Bo looked pissed. I don't support leaving early but I understand its painful to watch them get killed. The only game I've left early I think was last years USC game.

I can't bring myself to leave any game early. I stayed the whole game when Okie State came to town last year.

Me too :wacko:

Does it really matter who's right, or who's wrong in all this?

We have a coach that accepts responsiblity, and doesn't refer to us as a bunch of hillbillies or something like that. I know we're better off than we were a year ago and this is going to take longer than some might expect or like.

It's a bit naive to think he was going to come in and sprinkle some fairy dust, and we'd be in a BCS bowl. Bo has to fix a lot of things that were left by the previous regime.

But i'm going to hang tough with the coaching staff now. There's a no BS accountability that i can respect.

:yeahchuckleshuffle

I pretty much agree with the original post. I don't drink the kool aid. I know there are problems with this team and we are a ways from getting back into the top 10, if we ever do.

But why would a Husker "fan" log into a game chat and immediately start with "we suck" and literally laugh when mistakes are made or big plays given up? Where's the good or fun in that? There's a line between being realistic and being degrading. Too many are crossing that line.

Fortunately, the game crowd sounded noisy and enthusiastic early on. I can certainly understand how as the game turned into a rout, the wind would be taken out of your sails, and I didn't hear any booing (except when Gabbert came in!). I can't really blame people for leaving early, either. It can be too much to take. But realize, that is basically quitting on your team, and at some point the favor may be returned.

In my opinion, destructive fan behavior can keep us from coming back. Recruits will take a look, and think, THESE are the so-called best fans in football I've been hearing about? Why would I come here? Calling for coaches to be fired after a bad game just makes for instability, and inability to make a good hire when there is an opening.

Plus it's just no fun to hear other fans gloating "Nebraska sucks". It's a whole lot worse when I hear it among our own.

I pretty much agree with the original post. I don't drink the kool aid. I know there are problems with this team and we are a ways from getting back into the top 10, if we ever do.

But why would a Husker "fan" log into a game chat and immediately start with "we suck" and literally laugh when mistakes are made or big plays given up? Where's the good or fun in that? There's a line between being realistic and being degrading. Too many are crossing that line.

Fortunately, the game crowd sounded noisy and enthusiastic early on. I can certainly understand how as the game turned into a rout, the wind would be taken out of your sails, and I didn't hear any booing (except when Gabbert came in!). I can't really blame people for leaving early, either. It can be too much to take. But realize, that is basically quitting on your team, and at some point the favor may be returned.

In my opinion, destructive fan behavior can keep us from coming back. Recruits will take a look, and think, THESE are the so-called best fans in football I've been hearing about? Why would I come here? Calling for coaches to be fired after a bad game just makes for instability, and inability to make a good hire when there is an opening.

Plus it's just no fun to hear other fans gloating "Nebraska sucks". It's a whole lot worse when I hear it among our own.

They weren't loud cause no one was in the stands. I agree, it doesn't help our team when you have people streaming out of the stadium 4th quarter. I doesn't help for the future, it doesn't help for recruiting, and it doesn't help our guys NOT give up. We always complained that our guys would give up, but many fans do the same thing. We should be able to support our team even in the worst of times. That was the point I was trying to make in my original reply that some people freaked about.

I guess for all those fans who left early in the 90's should just get tarred and feathered then? We always left the game early in the mid-90's. It wasn't because we were not "good" fans, it was because we were blowing the other team away and were off to get the post game parties started. There's nothing fairweathered about it when someone leaves early in a blowout. It's just now some tender fans can't deal with now that we're on the receiving end of those blowouts. If this game were in Columbia, there wouldn't have been many Mizzou fans left in the 4th quarter. I really don't go to games to watch the JV play against the starters. This is what we saw in the 4th. Mizzou's 3rd and 4th string against our starters. If it was fine when we were winning to leave early, then I'm of the opinion it's still fine to leave early when we're getting it handed to us. I wasn't at the game, but I'd have left as soon as Mizzou started clearing the bench as well.

Yes, I like how Bo Pelini owned it and told us what it is. He's emotional about it too. That's a coach to me that cares for this program. You just need to give Bo Pelini time and patience. We don't have the players to compete to this level yet. We get the talent that's coming and we'll get this program built back on top soon. It'll take awhile.

Are you kidding? The fans have the right to voice their displeasure of how poorly the team is playing by leaving. Being a fan doesn't mean that you have to sit the entire game and watch your beloved team get slaughtered. Get real. You honestly think that the fans want to stay the whole game, watch an almost 40 point loss, and then have to put up with the traffic at midnight on a Saturday night in Lincoln? Everyone that left early probably listened on the radio as they left, went home or to the bar, and drank their sorrows away. :cheers

Get over yourself. Just because you have the stomach to sit and stay and watch that terrible game until the final gun doesn't make you a better Husker fan then anyone who left the game early. Pompass a$$. :rant

Your warning level has been increased for violating the Board's rule against personal attacks on members.

A second violation will result in a temporary ban. A third violation will result in a permanent ban.

Wow. If you thought that was a personal attack, I'm glad I didn't say what I really wanted to.

For those of you who can't see the difference between Bill Callahan's response to a loss like this, and Bo Pelini's response.....get a clue. Maybe you just don't understand how passion fuels progress.

The team is not what it was last year. It's going to get better. The phrases "We're a work in progress" and "We're going to have to get better" and "It's my fault" should give you a clue as to a change in accountability in the program. Are you not listening to these things when they're said? Well now that you have coach that will tell you the truth, try listening. I know you WANT to hear something different, but he's telling you we're working through where we're at....a 5-7 team with a new coaching staff.

There is a HUGE difference between a realist and a pessimist. Realism says to be concerned that we are not playing well enough to compete in this league. Pessimism says we're not a good enough program to compete in the league. Talent is about speed and ability, not offsetting the lack of discipline and mental mistakes that have killed us. Why don't you wait until we play well, before you decide we have no talent. If we play a well executed game and still get our butts kicked, THEN we can start talking talent.

To my knowledge, we haven't done that yet.

And for people asking what a true fan is....a true fan, is simply a fan who SUPPORTS their team through thick AND thin. They may go up and down emotionally, based on the results, but they do NOT start ragging the program, the players, the coaches, or taking up a loser's mentality because they've been getting outplayed. Fire this guy, bench that guy...5 games into losing against two teams we thought could beat us bad if we didn't play excellent football.

Since when does 'Husker Pride' start showcasing itself as entitlement and whining? Hard work, faith and patience pay off, but I guess some people are just spoiled pessimists (aka 'fair weather' fans).

How are phrases like "we won't", "we can't", "we don't", cry cry cry....SUPPORTING your team? It's a process called 'group think'. One person starts a negative thread and it sways the negativity in others. It snowballs.

You have every right to do this, but as a fan, how is this helping the program or your fellow fans move forward? I hope this negative attitude doesn't spill over into your real lives...

"I'm a fan, but I'm going to take my shots at the program, even though there is another big game to play next week. I'm going to cry and whine about how everything sucks. As a 'fan', this is my best contribution to help get things moving in a positive direction. I think my negative b**ching and pessimism is a very sensible approach."

Seriously, if you don't have faith in the team and positivity to support the struggle.....go root for Missouri or Kansas. There's plenty of room there for you to blow in the breeze.

:rant

For anyone that says this team is a work in progress, i hope every single one that is saying that this year said that in Billy C's first year. You cant say that this year but not back then that is not how it works.

Ok, it breaks down like this...

We can't compare Billy C's first year to Bo's first year for the following reason...

1) Bo's not completely changing the offense

2) Bo's having to fix something that was completely broken. Billy C managed to break what wasn't entirely broken.

3) Billy C didn't have to deal with a fanbase thats been at it's lowest level of confidence in who knows how long.

4) Bo's not an utter and complete egomaniac

I met a Michigan fan at my Son's soccer game Saturday morning.

She asked how "we" were doing this season and went on to lament how her team has been of late.

I think I impressed her with my name recognition of some of the players she went to school with in the late '80s?, but the one thing that stood out to me (In my Nebraska T-shirt) was her saying she stopped wearing any UM stuff while the team is doing so poorly.

Seems to me, that's when your team needs you the most.

I tried to think of something nice to say about Mechicken even though recently, being married to a Buckeye, I'm 'sposed to hate them more than I already do..I told her, " Wolverine fans and Penn State fans are the main reason I'm against a playoff..It's just too much fun arguing with them about who was really the best team in '94 or '97.

I'm probably the last one that should give anyone a hard time for leaving a game early...

I've been avoiding even going to games due to our losing more times than not when I do go..In fact, the very 1st game I ever went to was tha last time we lost at home to Missouri in '78? the game "after Osborne finally beat Switzer..or finally won a "big one".....We probably haven't won a game I've been to since I had student season tickets!..Lost to FSU for the 1st time my Freshman year. <_<

That being said, I get so starved for Husker Football, I'd want to drink it all in..Even watch the 4th string kid from the next town over from where I grew up, just to be able to say I saw his 1st action.

It's hard to live vicariously through these guys and not feel like you're part of the team..Can you imagine your coach not getting mad at you if you wanted to hit the showers early so you wouldn't have to fight traffic or so you can get a head start on your after game parties?

I can't even seem to leave a movie theater until the credits are done, to see who did what or what song was playing in the background, or maybe there's more deleted scenes that will help me feel like I finally got my money's worth..(I'm cheap, but mostly easy).

I thought about starting a new thread so I could add a poll, but I'll just ask it here:

If you could see in the future that we would never win a championship of any kind...How many of you would still be fans?