Meno and Dillard "questionable at best"

Husker Extra blog - Link

Dillard and Holt "questionable at best" for OU

The good news, Husker head coach Bo Pelini was saying Sunday, was that the X-ray on linebacker Phillip Dillard's ankle came back negative.

Still, Pelini wasn't sure if Dillard or wide receiver Menelik Holt, who hurt his right knee during the second quarter against Baylor, would be available this week for Oklahoma.

"I would say that they're questionable at best right now," Pelini said.

Pelini said he wasn't yet sure exactly what personnel would be used in place of Dillard if he couldn't go.

One guy who did see some snaps at linebacker was junior linebacker Colton Koehler, who contributed a tackle for a safety in the fourth quarter Saturday.

"He will definitely factor in some for us," Pelini said of the Harvard native. "We've played eight games, we have four games left. I'm not pulling a redshirt. I wouldn't do that to a kid," Pelini said. "I know one thing, Will Compton, he's a guy that could factor in at linebacker right now. He would want to play. It's not the right thing to do for him ... because there are four games left. If it was the right thing to play him, we should have played him weeks ago.

If Gilleylen can't get the dropsies out of his system, OU will be a long game without Meno. It's gonna be a long game anyway, but you get the idea.

Good and bad news at LB, I guess. Hate to see a wasted year for Compton at this point.

As for Holt, I don't think it will hurt nearlly as much as Dillard. We have a core group that can get it done at WR. Not to mention the added dimension of Lucky as a recieving threat, which should lighten the load a bit.

Could get ugly trying to stop Murray and Co. with the patchwork group we will be working with on D though. Yikes!

:spooners :power

Personally, I wanted Compton's shirt pulled at the start of the season. Ya I know we have Dillard back for another season but we have no depth. Compton could have provided that. Dillard has been injured twice, Compton would have have seen quality playing time? Now? If Dillard was out for the season I'd say burn the shirt but if it's just for a game hard to justify.

Meno will hurt. He has really started to pick up his game and it really sucks he will be out for this HUGE game against the toughest opponent Nebraska will face all year.

Oh..don't pull Compton's redshirt. It's not like we are competing for a national championship. We are simply trying to go bowling and honestly I don't think Dillard being out of action will hinder us that much.